What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY - Group B: India v South Africa at The Oval, Jun 11, 2017 - INDIA WIN

TheParraboy

Staff member
india win by 8 wickets, will play bangers in the 2nd semi final on Thursday

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Stumbles hard in big games, sure.
Flat track bully? That's just nonsense.

ABD also ran himself out like this in the World Cup fixture against India.
Just stupidity, what a shame because he looked good today.

AB has played in 7 knockout ODI fixtures for his country, has a top score of only 65 and scored a paltry 218 runs. It looks good to smash a hundred off 40 balls against the West Indies but when push comes to shove he is average at best.

https://www.crictracker.com/stat-analysis-ab-de-villiers-performance-crucial-matches/

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have to say this about ABDV. He doesn't look dedicated to playing for South Africa and hasn't for 3 or so years.

And I agree with his knocks against the West indies who have to be regarded as a 2nd tier nation these days including when he smashed those hundreds against them. Still fine achievement but it was a bit like Hayden breaking the test high score against Ray Price and co.

But in the long run his sheer numbers have to see him regarded as a great player, albeit a guy who could have been even better if he pushed himself. If he pushed himself he'd be in the Sangakarra, Ponting category of players.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's absolutely true, and I agree.

He's not a flat track bully however.

Nor is he "average at best"....he doesn't deal with the weight of being South Africa's go to man with the bat that well at times, but he is a gun.