What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris

Shredder

Juniors
Saw on facebook (no link unfortunately) that we have apparently made an offer to Idris.

I know all the negativity on him, but seriously, if hes even half as good as he was when he was on - he would sort out left side out. I like it for a cheap punt.

A sensible one year deal to see if his head is in the game.

An unfit, uninterested Idris is still probably a step up from Kev in the centres TBH.

Should also be making a play at some of the Panthers three quarter line. They were missing Hiku and Whare there, so a couple of decent first graders will be the odd men out.

You have Blake, Whare, Hiku, Peachey (unless they move him into the forwards,) and Hardaker all fighting for spots.

macnaz

Staff member
Exactly my thoughts. Even at his worst, hes a bigger body in the defensive line
AND A SLOWER BODY. we have all seen how Lawrence and Lovett go at centre , they are Olympic sprinters in comparison.
If we take him id give him stints of the bench as a fringe runner .
Ps . He still looks reasonable fit considering he has done jack for 12 months apart from traveling and drinking . I think he has blown the bank account and needs a recharge going by his car downgrade so not sure if his heart will be in it as far as really wanting to play NRL .

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see him replacing Kev. I reckon Kev is a gun and I think his defence would be better than Idris in the centres.

I'd sign him though. He could work for the bench for us or even an edge backrower.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Kev was slower he wouldn't be making the same f**k up defensively all the time.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Worth giving him a shot I think. Saw him on Sterlo's show the other week and he looks switched on and rid of his inner demons.

Could be a great signing. He's still young.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
"You have Blake, Whare, Hiku, Peachey (unless they move him into the forwards,) and Hardaker all fighting for spots"

Whare is a gun and defensively one of the best centers in the game, if you could get him at a good price and he remained uninjured it would be a great buy.

Tiger05

First Grade
"You have Blake, Whare, Hiku, Peachey (unless they move him into the forwards,) and Hardaker all fighting for spots"

Whare is a gun and defensively one of the best centers in the game, if you could get him at a good price and he remained uninjured it would be a great buy.

It's be good to snare a centre or a winger. I can't see Idris slotting into that role. I suppose you could try him at left centre and push Simona onto the wing but I think Idris would have more chance of being successful as a bench backrower.

Still Idris on that side in form would be great.

Centre is a must, Simona or Kev can move to the wing. I'd argue that Simona would be more damaging on the wing.

Hardaker will probably chase the money, he can always go home to decent coin if he can't get it here so he'll want to be paid well.

Whare or Blake would be my picks. I would guess that Whare would be a first choice pick next year, not sure what he and Blake's contract situations are like though.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong but Idris plays left centre right? Simona is a quality centre so it will suck if it causes issues with him. However, if Idris gets back to his best then f**k me sideways they would be a lethal centre/wing combo. Brooks having Lawrence and Idris on either side of him would be a big help.

I also agree we should be chasing a Panthers centre. Do transfer fees come out of the salary cap? If there was a way around it we could get HT to pay Hardakers fee and maybe throw in a rent free apartment.
We should also chase Vaughan from Raiders. He's been playing state cup and would walk into our side.
Maybe I'm crazy but I swear Sue was playing 2nd row for a bit at the end of the season. He scored all his tries from there at least. Might even him to second row and Moses would be inside Sue and Hardaker....suddenly our defence doesn't look so shit across the park.

1. Tedesco
2.Nofo
3. Hardaker*
4. Idris*
5. Simona
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Ballin
10. Ava
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Vaughan*
15. Grant
16. Aloai
17. Liddle

*sign for next year

That's a f**king strong side. Strike power across the park and no glaring holes in defence

Vic Mackey

Referee
Idris swapped from left and right at different clubs. He mainly played left center at penrith but was right at the dogs.

I would absolutely go for him. Sure he's a lottery but we need a center more then any other position. In the article it says he is currently at 110kgs and his last playing weight was 120kgs.

At his best he's origin standard, at his worst he can go play nsw cup. He won't be costing much and Pascoe wouldn't be entertaining it if he was a dickhead off the field after their time together at penrith.

I just hope he's satisfied the wanderlust. It'd be f**ked to have him come on for a year, do well and split again because he wants to go smoke cones in Kashmir.

TKO

Juniors
I will bet he signs for the Tigers for one year - spends most of the time in lower grades getting his fitness back...

Shows some late season form in the NRL to get us into ninth spot as we storm home, and then signs for big money with the Dogs or Roosters in 2018...

I have heard Souths are keen as well. Maybe agent Ayoub is just using the Tigers as a bargaining tool and wanting for other clubs to put the price up. He looks like a prop at the moment than a back, he has to lose some weight and get fit he suffered the ACL injury before he left so you want to see how he goes in his running etc.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we can get him on a good price we should definitely make a play for him. Even if he is a bit overweight he will slim down after a full press season under his belt.
Many players have been given a 2nd chance and end up killing it. The problem is keeping them at the club (Austin, Taupau, JAC, possibly ET)

Latest posts