What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris

Clifferd

Coach
I'm happy with that. He seems in a good headspace and determined to have another crack at grade

Plus smart decision only signing for 1 year

BrotherJim05

Bench
Great signing. 1 year deal works in everyone's favour. I'm hearing that we are also looking at Vaughan which would bring us close to where we need to be as a team:

1. Tedesco
2. Nofo
3. Idris
4. Simona
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Ballin
10. Vaughan*
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Grant
15. Ava
16. Aloai
17. Liddle

If we can't sign Vaughan then bring Felise into the side. If Sue doesn't want to play back rower then we may be in trouble. Aloai is good but still developing and our right edge defence needs a solid hitman (which I think Sue could develop into)

Idris is notorious for having a good year and following it up with a rubbish year. 1 year deal works, but if he has a belter I fear we will sign him up long term on a big deal and have it backfire.

Clifferd

Coach
Not to get too ahead of myself but an Idris/Simona centre/wing combination could potentially be very lethal

I'd persist with Naquama in the centres for the time being and leave Chee Kam as a utility off the bench

We were already moving him into the backrow before be spazzed out and left. I think his time in the centres is probably over

betcats

Referee
If he can get fit enough he could cover Moses' terrible defence like he did with Soward

Was going to say the same. We never had to worry about Sowie when Idris was fit and he gave Sowie a lot of confidence imo by the end of their first year together Sowie was pulling off hits. Idris is big, reads the game well and positions himself as good as any centre in the game, as a backrower he could do the same I have no doubt.

Im glad you guys got him, even half interested he is still a gun.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I actually thought we would be buying him to play in the second row. He has size which is a good target for cross field bombs but not really enough pace to be a centre now IMHO. I think a wide running back rower is his future with us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Moses was just on triplem and basically confirmed idris has signed. He also said he's excited to have him defending next to him next year, so I'm guessing he will be right center.

Shredder

Juniors
Well I have to say, thats great news. Hopefully the days of us buying risky players and playing them out of position is a thing of the past......

BrotherJim05

Bench
Moses was just on triplem and basically confirmed idris has signed. He also said he's excited to have him defending next to him next year, so I'm guessing he will be right center.

Could be right side back rower but yeah I reckon we will see a outside backline of:
1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Idris
4. Simona
5. Naiqama

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What is the deal with Moses? I thought he was highly rated in the lower grades as a goal kicker but he has been abysmal.
Maybe we need a goal kicking coach for him or something

You would think Taylor himself would teach him. He was a better than average goal kicker....pity he is such a bad coach!!!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moses could do with some lessons from El Masri. He strikes the ball well enough but has no control.

Shredder

Juniors
Does anyone else find it strange that the club hasnt confirmed the signing of Idris yet?

As for goal kicker - honestly, I think the answer is hodkinson.

1. Very experienced
2. Will get sick of winning one game a year eventually.
3. Defends OK
4. Big game experience
5. a high 70%s goal kicker.
6. Would probably move for the exorbitant fee that the press is quoting Brookes wants.
7. Would control the game more.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and his one downfall trumps all those.

He would have to compete with Brooks.

Brooks is our next Keith Holman apparently. Can't drop him.