What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

Spot On

Coach
Nobody has any answer to the original post. Cronk's signing seals the 2018 competition at last. So in 2018 I will be able to concentrate on watching Super League instead of the now pointless NRL matches.

Sure does provide the Rooosters with much needed direction, a decent kicking game, mix of excellent attacking options, top class finishing to sets, outstanding overall game management and the experience of a representative winner that they have not had for the last 238 premiership games Alby.

Good call bro. You know a good halfback when you see one aye.

Genius!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Blake Ferguson left the Sharks to win a premiership and the Sharks ended up winning one before him,he's a curse

James Tedesco has never won anything in his life,he even got bashed by his Italy teammate so he found another way to lose something

Cooper Cronk is nothing without Billy Slater and Cameron Smith

Roosters have zero chance of doing anything next year

Valheru

Coach
It already has been answered. Melbourne and North Queensland are better sides. The Broncos and Sharks are right up there as well. All four of those teams I rate higher then the Roosters

There is some validity with the first 2 and maybe the 3rd at a stretch but how can you possibly rate the sharks above the chooks?

They won't make the 8.

The_Shield

Juniors
There is some validity with the first 2 and maybe the 3rd at a stretch but how can you possibly rate the sharks above the chooks?

They won't make the 8.
It’s more I don’t rate the Roosters players, especially the backs and bench.

Tupou - past it
Mitchell - overrated, has potential to be good but has done nothing yet
Manu - quality but is most likely to miss out in favour of Gordon
Gordon - a goal kicker nothing more
Ferguson - can be good at times but is a dickhead
Napa - can put on a big hit but that’s all his known for
JWH - a shadow of his former self
Cordner - a good player
Aubusson - ok but nothing to brag about
Liu - same as Aubusson
SST - same as Aubusson, Liu
And the rest are not even worth mentioning

Valheru

Coach
It’s more I don’t rate the Roosters players, especially the backs and bench.

Tupou - past it
Mitchell - overrated, has potential to be good but has done nothing yet
Manu - quality but is most likely to miss out in favour of Gordon
Gordon - a goal kicker nothing more
Ferguson - can be good at times but is a dickhead
Napa - can put on a big hit but that’s all his known for
JWH - a shadow of his former self
Cordner - a good player
Aubusson - ok but nothing to brag about
Liu - same as Aubusson
SST - same as Aubusson, Liu
And the rest are not even worth mentioning

Do you actually watch roosters games?

Tupou - had his best season since 2013 and is a quality finisher
Mitchell - What should he have done by now? He is coming along nicely
Manu - A horrific defender and an inferior player to Mitchell. Has potential but needs to work on defence
Gordon - Not spectacular by any means but serviceable
Ferguson - Was garbage most of the year but did look like one of the few players who gave a crap at the back end
Napa - I'll agree with you here, living off one performance against souths
JWH - Not the same since his knee injury but far better this year than 2016
Cordner - A great player
Aubo - Solid player who can play multiple positions. Suffered this year by having to play centres a lot
Liu - Hot and cold
SST - Massive potential and to put him in the same league as the 2 above is laughable.

As for the "rest are not worth mentioning", you mentioned 11 so there is actually not many more left to mention. We will see how Cronk and Teddy settle in and Pearce and Keary were good this year.

Valheru

Coach
The Roosters biggest problem was exposed in the final they played against the Cowboys this year.

Their pack is full of powder puffs. Cordner is probably the only decent forward they have.

I'm not sure hoe this myth has been perpetuated for so long.

Our issue in that game was errors and discipline. Cowboys were on the ropes when we hit the lead but as usual we made dumb errors.

Our issue in that game was errors and discipline. Cowboys were on the ropes when we hit the lead but as usual we made dumb errors.

Have a look at the numbers out of that game. Your number one target ran for more than 250 metres. More than three of your starting forwards combined.

carcharias

Immortal

We were just plain old robbed

mxlegend99

Referee
Ffs there's some trolling going on here. Roosters side finished top 4 and has since added one of the best fullback and halfbacks in the competition. None of the players they lost would make their top 17 any stronger.

Roosters will be top 2 in 2018. Only the Storm are a threat to finish above them... unless they cop injuries aswell. That can ruin any team.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Roosters fans pre Cronk signing: "You're jelly, he's won us a premiership and he'll win us another soon"

Roosters fans post Cronk signing: "Mitchell who? f**k him off to manly"

carcharias

Immortal
Roosters fans pre Cronk signing: "You're jelly, he's won us a premiership and he'll win us another soon"

the night the sharks won the comp a bloke I know ( rorters fan ) wrote on Facebook “ worst halfback to win a comp”...
So I wrote
“ at least he didn’t root a dog”

Good times.

Valheru

Coach
We were just plain old robbed

I didn't say we were robbed, it was our own fault.

Who has actually said this? I want him to stay as does every other roosters fan I know.

The only inconsistencies in attitude towards Mitchell are from the media and opposition supporters who are now sympathising with him despite being at the forefront of the witch hunts against him in 2014 and 2016.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Who has actually said this? I want him to stay as does every other roosters fan I know.

The only inconsistencies in attitude towards Mitchell are from the media and opposition supporters who are now sympathising with him despite being at the forefront of the witch hunts against him in 2014 and 2016.
It might have been a slight exaggeration

Latest posts