What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

The Enforcer

Juniors
What a performance by the Roosters. What a pity that Latrell Mitchell did not get more early ball. He could have scored a couple more tries and helped steer the score closer to 50-0.

The Roosters are finding their groove as we approach round 10. This is what I predicted.
How's their "groove" going ?

Spot On

Coach
Cronk was pretty quick last season. Showed incredible pace at times last year. He's become very slow overnight.

There's a lot of passengers in that Roosters side. Many of them in the pack and Mitch Aubusson just shouldn't be starting games anymore. Poor bloke looks like he's running on the spot.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Hey @Albert Rosenfeld

200.gif

footy75

Bench
Cronk was pretty quick last season. Showed incredible pace at times last year. He's become very slow overnight.

There's a lot of passengers in that Roosters side. Many of them in the pack and Mitch Aubusson just shouldn't be starting games anymore. Poor bloke looks like he's running on the spot.

Does Cronk really care anymore? or is he only up there so he can root his mrs

Tommy Smith

Referee
All trolling aside, I think you can see that there's a serious footy side at the Roosters IF they would only stop making error after error.

Alas I don't think we will. It's been happening for a few years now and remains our achilles heel.

Those errors by Fergo just sum up our season. The attack is starting to click and when Tupou is back we'll be dangerous on both sides of the field.

But it'll all count for little if we continue to make a sea of momentum killing errors in our own half.

Valheru

Coach
All trolling aside, I think you can see that there's a serious footy side at the Roosters IF they would only stop making error after error.

Alas I don't think we will. It's been happening for a few years now and remains our achilles heel.

Those errors by Fergo just sum up our season. The attack is starting to click and when Tupou is back we'll be dangerous on both sides of the field.

But it'll all count for little if we continue to make a sea of momentum killing errors in our own half.

This

And give Latrell the ball more. Not sure what they were doing in the 2nd half.

Spot On

Coach
Sorry but I was not trolling. The pack is far from the best in the comp. The hooker is close to finished, JWH a shadow of years ago, Napa good for a handful of games.

Cronk is old. Fergo has not fixed the errors in his game. Aubusson cannot be in the centres anymore.

Keary and Mitchell are on the up and must be kept. Backrow is fine. Radley looks the goods. Taukeiaho a keeper. Bench props are ok.

I wouldn't wish Toupou back for you blokes. Soft as butter for a bloke his size and always good for errors.

There are some great talents in the side no doubt but a clean out of the rest is needed ASAP.

That or a change of coach if you believe you have a great squad.

Blues Riff

Bench

Yep. The same can be said for Parra. In fact they'd all be serious footy sides IF they were better.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yep. The same can be said for Parra. In fact they'd all be serious footy sides IF they were better.
Well no it can't because Parra are shit.

We have elite players across the park. They don't.

The accurate point I'm clearly making is that when we do get it right, we can casually beat the Warriors 32 nil away (and should have been 50 nil).

By all means right us off as dogshit, we'd prefer that.

But a team with Teddy Latrell Keary Cronk etc behind a talented forward pack is more than capable of beating anyone in this comp at their best.

I've already stated that I don't think we can put it together for a month straight given our culture of disrespecting the ball; but it's still possible.

This Roosters side is just as talented - if not moreso - than our 2015 team which started the year 3-5 and then went 15-1 the rest of the way in the regular season. So yeah, it's still early days.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
"The season was over before its started", this is because of "Big Financial News" combined with "Never Heard of the Farger" and a good old "LOL@$0uff$".

AKA

To be a douche.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just look at this team:

James Tedesco

Daniel Tupou, Latrell Mitchell, Joseph Manu/Michael Gordon, Blake Ferguson,

Luke Keary
Cooper Cronk

Isaac Liu
Boyd Cordner, S.S. Taukeiaho,
Jared Wharea-Hargreaves, Jake Friend, Dylan Napa

Interchange: Zane Tetevano, Lindsay Collins, Mitch Aubusson, Ryan Matterson,

Just look at this thread...another wank off!

No team wins the comp 1 year before the event.

Maybe they believed you Albert!

The_Shield

Juniors
The Roosters really don’t have much in attack. There games seem to be, give the ball to Latrell see if he can make something happen or give the ball to Fergo see if he can do anything. If both those fail then they’ve got nothing else. The game against the Broncos is a classic example, first half they gave the ball to Latrell an he embarrassed Roberts multiple times and the roosters looked good. Second half however, did Latrell even touch the ball? He went missing and the Broncos finished over the top of them

Latest posts