If France toured your country / region what games would you arrange ?

Discussion in 'French Rugby League' started by The Partisan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. The Partisan

The Partisan Guest

Well probably a number of years since there was a (full strength) French RL touring team however if there was an opportunity for this to happen .....what would your itinerary be for your part of the world ? (Actually has France ever toured the UK ...or GB / England done visa versa ?)

Based on an 8 game Oz / NZ tour I'd like to see

* v Australian Invitational 'Emus' in Nth Qld (Players selected from country ~ regional footy, and tiers below ISC in both states)

* v Qld Invitational in Southern Qld (Gold Coast ? Invitational being a mix of Origin eligible NRL players)

* v NSW Country Origin in Coffs Harbour

* v Australia in Sydney

* v NZ Residents in Wellington (Drawn from local comp)

* v NZ Invitational in Auckland (Invitational being a mix of Kiwi eligible NRL / ISC players)

* v NZ Kiwis in Christchurch

No regional / district games I know ....but I'd rather see the tours as developing talent and opportunities for further rep honours.

Let the criticism begin ! :p

2. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

8 games?

3 vs NZ

1 vs Australia
    1 vs Australia Indigenous (I want them used as a touring side, but not entering tournaments alongside Australia)

1 vs Samoa
    1 vs Fiji
    1 vs PNG

expansionist likes this.
  3. IntRLEnthusiast

IntRLEnthusiast Juniors

Yeah more teams should come tour the Pacific Islands before facing NZ and Aus

4. The Partisan

The Partisan Guest

Ah....yeah....Maths was never my strong suit ! :) Actually meant to change it to 7 but forgot then had to head out.

So yours is an Oceana Tour ? Why the 3 games v the Kiwis ? Or is that 3 different NZ teams ?

Personally not a fan of an Indigenous touring team ...but hey we are all different ! (Out of curiosity i wonder if USA or Canada have an Indigenous rep teams for any of their sports ?)

5. The Partisan

The Partisan Guest

So your rough itinerary would be ?

I suppose we all get caught up in the idealistic notion of International tours spreading the code .....but unfortunately they need to be making money as well and tours purely to the pacific will not have this happen (in my opinion).

6. IntRLEnthusiast

IntRLEnthusiast Juniors

Aus
    Fiji
    PNG
    Samoa
    Tonga
    NZ x 3

With NZ following France around the Islands

I don't think it's much use an international team not playing test matches because the domestic competitions are so long already that there is no space for them. So i wouldn't want the french to just come to Aus, if they are going to come over here do the rounds. I could also see in the near future the second tier teams touring America and playing USA, Canada and Jamaica

expansionist likes this.
  7. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

NZ because I like the idea of a 3 test series in a tour more than games against non-international 'select' sides

8. Coastbloke

Coastbloke Bench

With Catalan, Toulouse and additional French players in the ESL playing around the same time as the NRL the reliance on Elite 1 players is less demanding considering their season..

The temptation is there to have France playing matches against every nation but I think it might be too much. Maybe kicking off with a Test against PNG and then Samoa, in their capitals. 3 Tests against Australia at the SFS , Suncorp and either Melbourne's AAMI or Perth. Then down to NZ for a 2 match 'series' in Auckland and Dunedin.

Considering that France was sent to Parkes last time they were here - not including RLWC08 - It would be nice to do it right. France is so important to the game but the RLIF still seems to be dragging their heels when it comes to their re-development..

9. alien

alien Referee

10. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion Bench

11. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion Bench

France announce historic Jamaica Test
    [​IMG]
    28 APR,2017

The French Rugby League Federation has announced an historic Test with Jamaica, to be played at the Stade Gilbert Brutus, Perpignan, on 13th October.

The game will form part of their warm-up for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup – where they will face Australia, England and Lebanon in the group stages.

It is the first time the nations have met.

In a statement, the Federation Francaise de Rugby a XIII said: “This match supports the desire of our elected officials is to develop France’s international meetings with multiple international partners.

Jamaican Rugby League Association director of rugby Romeo Monteith added: “We welcome this historic fixture against France as we continue our build up for the 2021 World Cup qualifiers.

“France is a quality team and Jamaica we will be exposed to a wider global audience. This match builds our reputation and further demonstrates the continued globalisation of rugby league.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/france-announce-historic-jamaica-test/

Emu01 likes this.