What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If NSW lose this years series should Laurie Daley be sacked?

Should Laurie Daley be sacked as NSW coach if they lose this year?

• YES - Sack him, he must go?

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • NO - Let him stay

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Daley isn't letting on if he wants to resign the post. Who knows, he might be around for many years to come.

Mitchy Witchy will be around. Sterlo is one of the selectors and he just loves Mitchy Witchy. He keeps on improving, you know. By the time it is 2027, he should just about be ready to win NSW an Origin Series.

MilkShark

First Grade
With Thurston out, if NSW win, he should still be sacked.

The series should have been won in game 2.

davi

Juniors
Laurie Daley will be given one more crack. It's now up to whether Daley wants the job. I know Gus Gould said this week because of Daley's devastation from the loss didn't think it was in Daley's interests to stay on. I think Daley may be mentally drained from the job as well and a change would be better for him and NSW going forward.

LAURIE Daley will be offered one more crack at coaching the Blues to State of Origin glory.

Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper reported on NRL Tonight that the NSW Rugby League plans to table a one-year contract to Daley.

He’s yet to make a decision on his coaching future.

Daley’s five-year contract as coach expired the minute Queensland won the 2017 series with a dominant game three victory at Suncorp Stadium a fortnight ago.

The loss means he’s won just one of five attempts at an Origin series as coach.

Speculation has been rife since the Origin III loss whether Daley would stick around or walk away from the gig.

A plethora of replacements have been suggested, including fellow Blues legends such as Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns, and Matty Johns.

NSW legend Ryan Girdler was asked about the news on NRL Tonight.

“Laurie’s put his heart and soul into that job for the last five years,” Girdler said.

“But I just get the feeling that it’s time to move on. I think we need some new blood in there, possibly some new ideas.

“I’d be happy to see a bit of a change at the top.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...y/news-story/2c029310bfe8e882d1bf7ea989d0dcad

Knightmare

Coach
Stupid, stupid move from the NSWRL if correct for two reasons:

a) Already wasted two winnable series under Daley- why invite him to oversee another wasted campaign?
b) Offering him a 1 year contract delays any possible progress by a further 12 months.

If they can't find anybody suitable mid-long term, I'd rather see the NSWRL appoint a caretaker coach than Daley. F**k- get Ricky Stuart on board- he at least would get his Blues teams fighting till the end. Who do I need to texer at the NSWRL about this?

Hawkins

Juniors
Laurie and Mitchell. Back again for 2018.
7ae.png

Mr Saab

Referee
Sooo NSW....

Butcher 2013 series cause Pearce was pretty poor game 3 2nd half.
Win 2014 (credit to Cronk broken arm a bit)
Get hammered by a record margin in 2015 by 46 points in a DECIDER!!
Lose both games 1 and 2 in 2016 so game 3 is a waste of time
In 2017 they are 5 mins from winning game 2 and the series, but crack like a fault line in San Andreas and subsequently fold in game 3.

And you go back to Daley again. Jeebez

Latest posts