What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we get beaten up today what next?

Rocket Rod

Juniors
So if we lose badly today as I have a feeling we will then changes have to be made instead of excuses.
Luciano, Milne, Mann must be in 17 and most likely to be worst performers Aitken, Lafai and McCrone and possibly (even though unlikely ) Nightingale out.
Sick of watching same boring squad play same boring brand of embarrassing footy.
Please team make me eat my words today.

kit66

Bench
The Sharkies are the defending premiers and showed last week they've lost little from 2016 despite personnel changes. All I'm hoping for is that we compete as best we can and hold the friggin ball.
If we lose by a respectable margin I can accept that. If we get hammered I'll be disappointed and back on here giving it to Mary same as usual and calling for changes - what else can you do. As to your question "What next" from a club point of view, it'll be business as usual, same excuses, same team next week ( with maybe one token / scapegoat-like change ).
Having said that I think we'll put in a good effort today and maybe even recapture our first round form. It's totally up to the boys.

Dragons by 7.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
If the forwards are held, who in our backs can stand up and cut the opposition to shreds with blistering speed, dazzling footwork, blinding anticipation, individual brilliance?
If you honestly think about that issue you will then find out where our totally inadequate kicking game comes from because that is the only alternative left to achieve any sort of outcome.
If the forwards don't totally dominate and create or put the groundwork in for 3 or 4 tries, our backs have no chance of delivering that on their own, panic sets in and it all falls apart.
When our backs achieve nothing on their own, the kicking game becomes more and more prevalent from more and more ridiculous positions on the field.
Mary has the hide to talk about tries from kicks, we are trying to do that all the time due to a complete lack of creative attacking plays and the things I said in the opening paragraph.
I expect Prior to have a very big game against us today and Graham to cause all sorts of issues.
Our biggest problem is, even if our forwards do dominate then for 60% of the game, the individual brilliance in their squad can turn the game for them in the blink of an eye and all our forwards hard work could count for nothing.

getsmarty

Immortal
Wet weather tends to even things up. Still expecting the sharks to win..Hopefully we don't get flogged and put in a good effort.

The players need to turn up.

This they need to be motivated is a crock of shit they are first grade footballers ffs if that isn't enough go do something else.

Yes Mary is an issue but seriously if they can not hold onto a ball then straight away they are in trouble.

thebigredv

First Grade
Let's see if we can't stretch out the opposition's first try to something a little more respectable. Maybe even a minute or 2.

The players need to turn up.

This they need to be motivated is a crock of shit they are first grade footballers ffs if that isn't enough go do something else.

Yes Mary is an issue but seriously if they can not hold onto a ball then straight away they are in trouble.
Pretty much spot on Coast.

They need to get the fundamentals right. If they don't it could get ugly. With a forwards power game, which is pretty much Mary's game plan, you cannot afford to be dropping the pill.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm hoping Saints hold on to the ball in their first set-of-six tackles today.

Anything else is a bonus.

Sad, huh?

Also, let's be realistic about the much vaunted forward pack. Yes, Vaughan seems to be going well but the rest of them are the same personnel that wasn't good enough last year (excluding McInnes, who I'm afraid isn't an upgrade on Rein).

BennyV

Referee
I'm hoping Saints hold on to the ball in their first set-of-six tackles today.

Anything else is a bonus.

Sad, huh?

Also, let's be realistic about the much vaunted forward pack. Yes, Vaughan seems to be going well but the rest of them are the same personnel that wasn't good enough last year (excluding McInnes, who I'm afraid isn't an upgrade on Rein).
Lol you're really hanging on to the downplay of McInnes, aren't you?

The guy makes Rein look like the park footballer that he is!

BrissyRedV

Bench
(excluding McInnes, who I'm afraid isn't an upgrade on Rein).
Is there another McInnes in the side that I do not know about? Because the one I have seen in the last few weeks is a definite upgrade on Rein. Faster more accurate ball, more dominate in defence and a much smarter footballer. His 2 try assists thus far would not have been scored had we still had Rein because he would've ran the ball which is his first instinct, every tackle. I would go so far as to say he is the pick of our recruits.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Lol you're really hanging on to the downplay of McInnes, aren't you?

The guy makes Rein look like the park footballer that he is!

Let's see how he performs today, although I suspect it will be as perfunctory as it was against Parramatta.

McInnes sails too close in throwing unchecked forward passes for my liking, and he certainly doesn't have Rein's speed in making breaks from dummy half either.

blacksafake

First Grade
Nothing will happen because the clowns :clown: running the show actually think L plate is a long term coach ffs

Reactions: Qdf

BennyV

Referee
Let's see how he performs today, although I suspect it will be as perfunctory as it was against Parramatta.

McInnes sails too close in throwing unchecked forward passes for my liking, and he certainly doesn't have Rein's speed in making breaks from dummy half either.
I wouldn't put 'not throwing forward passes' on Reins resume, but you'll note the ability to pick that line ball is common amongst all the top hookers. Cam doesn't have the speed off the mark that Rein has, but his choosing of when to run leaves Mitch for dead. His service (speed and accuracy), ball playing/creativity and kicking game are all superior to Rein, his defensive numbers are on par while his technique is more effective and he is able to maintain consistency for 80minutes.

He is far superior.