What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we lost Moses

Tiger Ted

Bench
Because they are out sponsors apparently. Cmon harry, if you love the tigers so much, sling em a sneaky 100million! Fmd, if i was worth 10 billion, i would!
The difference is Simmo that me & u r genuinely passionate tigers fans unlike Harry whose primary passion in life is making money & watching his balance sheet continue to grow exponentially !

If I had 10 billion we'd b the most ruthless club in the NRL & from the players to the board every prick would have reasonable kpi's to meet annually !

It sickens me that Blair contributes more in 1 game for the Broncos than he did for us in a season.Thats the kind of amateurish couldn't give a f**k culture that's permeated this abjectly weak club ! That pathetic last round performance @ leichhardt where we had so much @ stake yet put up the white flag from the kickoff is absolutely unforgivable & it's the type of gutless lifeless effort we've been accustomed to for yrs & it's got to change !

simmo05

Bench
Thats it mate, we should have made the most of that 1 last year, if a few club didnt implode we wouldn't have been close

BrotherJim05

Bench
To be completely honest, we need to re-sign Tedesco and Woods. These two are 100% necessary. After these two, I'm happy just signing Brooks or Moses. Moses will come at higher price tag but if we could snare a couple of good players with the leftover cash then so be it.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It seems to me that the key factor is who will be the coach from 2018 onwards. I'm sure money is important to these off contract players, but they also want to play in a top 4 side, and the coach is a big part of that. I think the Tigers management have to make a decision on the coach before they can get too far into negotiations with the players. For example, I suspect that if they didn't extend J Taylor's contract but signed someone like Des Hasler, the top players would be more likely to stay.

simmo05

Bench
Please please please des hasler, he would transform this mob, as long as his hands weren't tied

BrotherJim05

Bench
Only guy I'd pay overs for is Tedesco. Rest need to be realistic or go.

Exactly. Tedesco is going to be the next Billy Slater, leave a blank space in the cheque and tell him to put whatever he wants.

Woods I'm happy to pay overs for. If he is being earmarked as the Origin captain to replace Farah then he must be doing something behind the scenes as well that we don't see.

We need to build the team around these two. If we can do it with Brooks and Moses as well then awesome but combined I don't think they are worth more than 1 million a season

Shredder

Juniors
We arent going to fit all four in the cap. Best result we can hope for is to keep three of them. Its interesting that all four have the same player manager - this is going to be long and drawn out as the manager lines his pockets.

Clifferd

Coach
Teddy is extremely close to signing apparently. 2.8mil for 3 years

We got our #1 priority sorted atleast

Vic Mackey

Referee
glad its only 3 years. whilst i certainly dont want to lose teddy i think 3 years and at that price is ok. my worry with him is that he realies on his speed for 90% of his game. he has already had a bad injury run and is only one bad injury away form losing a lot of it and his potency. chris lawrence anyone?

Radical Rat

Juniors
glad its only 3 years. whilst i certainly dont want to lose teddy i think 3 years and at that price is ok. my worry with him is that he realies on his speed for 90% of his game. he has already had a bad injury run and is only one bad injury away form losing a lot of it and his potency. chris lawrence anyone?

I hear ya but they're completely different athletes.

Lawrence was quick but he was very robotic and stiff as a board. He was quick in a straight line but he had no step and a very limited passing game. Once his speed went, as a centre he had no other tools to compensate.

Teddy has lots more strings to his bow. Even if he lost a yard he's still got a great swerve, awesome play making skills and he reads the game really well. He's also really strong. He's a complete footballer.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We arent going to fit all four in the cap. Best result we can hope for is to keep three of them. Its interesting that all four have the same player manager - this is going to be long and drawn out as the manager lines his pockets.
The most expendable of the 4 is Brooks.If we can sign teddy moses & the captain @ reasonable prices it will enable us to assemble a well balanced team that's capable of genuinely contesting for the title.

If true then 2.8 for 3 yrs for our supreme player is very reasonable.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Wow.. if they can get him at that price would be great...

I also think 3 years is better for the club than 4 as due to the way he plays the game I think he will start to deteriorate in the near future...

Would be surprised if he is getting advice to only sign a three year deal through...I'll believe it when I see it...

The thing is, the club needs to learn from this debacle and not have their best players coming off contract at the same time...

Perth Tiger

Bench
I get what people are saying about the 3 years but I hope they stagger some of these contracts so that they are not all off contract at the same time in three years time. Assuming we re sign most or all of them.

With that being the case I would of thought Teddy would be the one to offer a long term contract to. Injury risk or not.

Shredder

Juniors
Im with you Perth Tiger.
We have two priorities:

1. Sign as many of the big four without losing other players as we can
2. Stagger the terms so we arent just in this same situation again in three years......

I would have been looking at this:

Woods 4yrs; Teddy 5yrs; Moses 3yrs and Brookes 1.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's close to a million per year so it's not cheap. Still I'd pay it as well.Thurston gets something like a million a year.

Shredder

Juniors
The NRL needs to be a little bit more forthcoming with the clubs about a hike in salary cap.

I mean, all the players are expecting it - we know its going to happen and I reckon more than a few players are holding out for it.

Someone on here mentioned a few days ago about giving a player a percentage of the salary cap in his contract. Might make sense. That way when the cap goes up, their salary goes up to.

It wouldnt surprise me if some of the more progressive clubs in the NRL are doing this already. It would surprise me if we did it....

Latest posts