What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If We Want To Be A Threat

JJ

Immortal
Bunty will gain value when the interchange is reduced.
The more minutes you can play the better.
Perhaps, but on what basis can he (and Paasi, Blair) play more minutes than others - people seem to be expecting that the smaller middle forwards can play more minutes, I am not sure that's the case at all - Bunty is young so will be interesting how he develops - but I think plenty of the big units will adapt reasonably well

Iron Lion

Juniors
There is no shortage of massive props running around in Auckland regional comps. And there is no shortage of huge guys in NZ Rugby. Just take a look at every single provincial rugby team in NZ and you will see NAS, Taumalolo, Klemmer type players. It wouldn't take long under a guy like Corvo to get some big bad hombres into the Warriors pack.

The problem is SK has wanted a smaller, leaner pack, he wanted to play a faster game. He wanted to play a storm type game but even the storm have a bloody big pack.

We will never be a threat until we up-size in the middle. Out of all the teams in the comp, we should have one of the biggest packs going. There is the player base in NZ to choose from.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Just look at the new guys Auckland itm cup side blooded last couple of years

Dexter Fa'amoana 1.90m - 126kg
Ben Nee-Nee 2m - 115kg
Jamason Fa'anana-Shultz 1.89m -115kg
JP Sauni 1.82m - 111kg
Marcel Renata - 1.89m - 118kg
Lyndon Dunshea - 1.97m - 114kg
Marco Fepuleai - 1.82m - 125kg
Sam Ulufonua - 1.96m - 130kg
Salesi Rayasi - 1.97m - 115kg
Samuel Slade - 1.94m -111kg
Tom McHugh - 1.86m - 111kg

That is just one provincial union - there is no shortage of big men in the New Zealand game. The warriors have purposely been signing undersized forwards for a reason.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is not the size of the dog in the fight.....

Parramatta said Gallen was too small.

Brisbane the same with Cameron.

Matt Prior is our biggest human. Big unit that one.

JJ

Immortal
It is not the size of the dog in the fight.....

Parramatta said Gallen was too small.

Brisbane the same with Cameron.

Matt Prior is our biggest human. Big unit that one.
Prior is just turning out to be such a good prop - he's developed so much, is getting some wraps, but still seriously underrated

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am more than happy with our front row.

Fully fit, nobody scares us, except Shaun Johnson.

The lad can beat a team on his own.

Melbourne always a concern, the rest not so much.

JJ

Immortal
I am more than happy with our front row.

Fully fit, nobody scares us, except Shaun Johnson.

The lad can beat a team on his own.

Melbourne always a concern, the rest not so much.
Stacey running about just gives you a boner?

sup42

Juniors
Depends on what you mean by better?

He's about average across the NRL IMO, but young and promising.

Burgess twins treated him like he was Brett Hodgson
Sorry I accidentally tried to quote this post (see Miss fire from phone above) earlier.

When our team is playing as a unit, especially when Lukes having a good crack and we have more than one Prop going full tilt (so the same conditions the top Props enjoy surrounded by Cap rich depth of choice) Bunty is as hard to pick off and Isolate as any of them.

He bends the Line a lot which is no simple task as we have seen in recent years, he hits the advantage line at speed, his hands are excellent, you will see him reel in some real Warrior hospital passes, and most of all his play the ball speed is very good.

He seems to go well when he has one other useful runner going in tandem (Paasi of late) and he has a good motor for the amount of output they get out of him during all of our penalty concession and send off spells.

He starts well and goes well off the bench, He is a very good defender.

This is his first year playing prop consistently in Fg even though that is his best position through the grades, the experiment of using him out of position as a second row / Loose forward option (an option the club took up because he was the fittest forward in the ISP) was a fail for Bunty.

Play him at prop and you have different player. I really do think he is one of the better young Prop prospects going around.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts