What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we....

Poss

Juniors
...beat Melbourne next week, we will likely play either the Cowboys or the Broncos in Sydney, week one of the finals.

If we lost next week, we will play the Raiders, likely in Canberra.

All 3 sides are in form.
I'm probably more confident against the Raiders to be honest. A lot of big game players in the Cows and Broncs squads.

Windy70

Juniors
In order of preference, to play the Snot, Broncos and Cows. A win next week will make me happy though.

Had a bet at the start of the season that the Sharks would finish above Storm on the ladder. 2 Slabs on the line here..

Vin Fizz

Bench
Think the Cheaters will be a bit nervous next week. They are on the slide a bit. I'm guessing they will be like the other top sides that have started playing a bit scratchy and get on a losing roll of 2 or 3 matches. Think we might get them next week. Mucus then off to Melbourne in round 1. Reckon we will have the Cows in Sydney.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I dont care who it, line up and we will run the gauntlet, the boys are ready.

Thank you Roosters for firing us up

Big Bloke

Juniors
I don't think well end up in second place. It'll either be first or third.

Can't see the Tigers beating the Raiders so if we win we're first and if we lose we're third.

I'm really not sure if we can win down there. It's definitely a bogey ground for us.
However, The Storm are not playing well their form is terrible and the Broncos showed everyone how to beat them.

Cast your minds back to Round 4 when we played them at Shark Park. Even though they scored the first try we absolutely bashed them in the first 20 mins and put them off their game. We have to do the same next week to have any chance of beating them.

We'll probably have Sutton in charge next week and he's usually good for a couple of bad decisions against us. The Storm will probably get a bit of the rub of the green so we'll have to counter that.

I do think the Storm will win and we'll finish 3rd.

Card Shark

Immortal
All 3 sides are in form.
I'm probably more confident against the Raiders to be honest. A lot of big game players in the Cows and Broncs squads.

I have said it for weeks, Canberra in Canberra is not the end of the world. I'd like our chances down there.

I'm not sure if we can beat Melbourne down there next week, which is also not the end of the world (it's not the finals)....so Canberra, here we come?

Whatever happens, happens...its all part of the puzzle that Harold has arranged for his return. We are as good a chance as anyone & a better chance than 13 other teams.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's it, we've been worrying about the form slump over the last few weeks but forgetting the hard work that went before it.

Put yourself back to Rd 1 & we'd take our Rd 24 position every year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Raiders have got the wobbles. Who's to say they aren't heading into a slump like the Sharks had. Melbourne as well. Slumps start just as ours did with ugly wins and losses.

Who knows

Canberra also has to contend with no Blake Austin and may have circled the wagons around Sezer and are blowing smoke about how serious his shoulder is. It wasn't the sort of game where they'd just pull him to protect him IMO. Manly were right in it.

Thats the other thing. Their defence was atrocious against Manly.

Frenzy.

Immortal
That's it, we've been worrying about the form slump over the last few weeks but forgetting the hard work that went before it.

Put yourself back to Rd 1 & we'd take our Rd 24 position every year.

Not me. Form slump and a few losses was realistic and nothing to get suicidal over.

Weaponhead

Coach
Last time we played in Canberra we put 40 on them. Canberra are starting to feel the weight of expectation. They have very little by game experience and may not handle the occasion.

Playing in Canberra is not an automatic loss. I would expect to grind them out of it.

Vin Fizz

Bench
All the top sides made statements, some positive some not so. Donks brought their experience to the game and maybe showed us everything they have. Time will tell wether it will be enough though? Storm look weary in my view and susceptible. They could do anything on their day but, gee, I reckon they are ripe next week. Mucus still scary but as Frenz said they may be on the cusp of a shity run esp if they lose Seizer and Boyd (MRC for punching). Cows building just fine. Dogs are us in the finals a few years back. Will give sides the shits but don't think they have the goods. The mighties won well from behind and didn't rely on all our stars . Wade was quiet, Jack has been bones for a while now. These are good things because we have capacity to improve. We are in this to the scrote lads and lasses. Panfers and who ever is 8th should be fodder.

Big Bloke

Juniors
All the so called experts still aren't giving us a chance though. It's all Storm, Broncos and Cows. Even if we beat the Storm and get the MP I still don't think they'll rate us.

I wonder how those teams themselves feel about us. Deep down I mean. All players say nice things about their opposition when in front of the camera, I wonder what they privately think of us.

Latest posts