What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we....

shaggs

Coach
Friday night is top 4 not Brisbane in 5th
It depends on what grounds are available. If Brisbane are 5th the game has to be either Friday or Sunday due to rugby.
If dogs get home semi, then anz is only available Friday and Sunday due to afl.

I reckon it will be Brisbane Friday night. If sharks and storm are 1&2 then they will have the two games on Saturday, with the dogs at anz on Sunday

Arnold

Juniors
Maybe, but I don't think they will leave Sydney to the afl on Saturday. Most likely be a game at Allianz

Possibly.

What I find funny is just cause the afl is on I won't go watch it. Same would apply for the afl people attending league.

You are one or the other IMO.

chewsta

First Grade
It will come down to moments of individual brilliance.

Enter Benny Barba! The bloke is a freak, That try against the roosters the other night, there was nothing doing and the ball was on the ground, Barbs picks it up, looks up and just burns everyone. Even the swerve he put on Fergs to cross the tryline. Blistering speed and vision, you cant coach that shit. Or more importantly against it!
Love The Barbs!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
TK was saying that the AFL are having a week off games this week & start finals next week.

Surely they wouldn't do that?

Edit: if they have a game scheduled for the MCG next Friday night, I suppose they are.

Good for rugby league this week, particularly in Melbourne.
Thats exactly what is happening.

AFL regular season ended on the weekend and there will be no games this weekend.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
If we get a home final against NQ , it will be Friday night - it might change if it's against Canberra but I'm not sure how.
Canterbury vs Penrith has been slated for Saturday night at the SFS because Homebush is unavailable due to the AFL SF.
There's a RU test at Suncorp on Saturday week , so the Brissy HF is inked in for Sunday arvo.
That leaves the Melbourne HF as the 2nd game on Saturday night - this game is very unlikely to be Friday night because Geelong & Hawthorn are playing across the road at the MCG that night.

Card Shark

Immortal
Canterbury vs Penrith has been slated for Saturday night at the SFS because Homebush is unavailable due to the AFL SF.

If they both win & maintain their current position, which is likely, surely the game will be at ANZ, which is the dogs home ground.

Last edited:

Panda Power 78

Juniors
If they both win & maintain there current position, which is likely, surely the game will be at ANZ, which is the dogs home ground.

Apparently not - have a read of the article , the NRL gave up ANZ in the event of the SS playing GWS on that weekend - they thought it wouldn't happen but it did.

Even if it was a Penrith HF , it would have been at ANZ.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Can't they play Dogs game Friday or Sunday?

If we have a double header, I'll spit it.

ANZ & Suncorp are not available until after the AFL & RU matches - which only leaves Sunday , which the NRL has decided Brissy gets the Sunday - as there is an alternate ground in Sydney.
A double header is possible on the Saturday if we get a HF but that would mean putting the Melbourne HF on Friday against the AFL blockbuster across the road.

Cronulla & Melbourne asked for Saturday's game to be put on no later than Saturday , when the draw was done - knowing one of them was very likely to be playing the Friday after.

Card Shark

Immortal
What a bloody shambles.

2 solutions, we come 3rd & go to Canberra....or we come 2nd & play at SCGs.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Although it is good for us if we finish 1st, it is a bit absurd to have 1 v 4 on Friday and 5 v 8 on Sunday, then the team who wins the 5 v 8 is most likely backing up Friday night the next week???

The NRL have told the club that it has tentatively pencilled in;

if we finish first game will be Friday night.

Finish 2nd most likely play a double header Saturday.

Finish 3rd and play Canberra Sat night.

shaggs

Coach
Come on Friday. Short walk from work to captain cook hotel. Perfect.

Saturday at Allianz I can do too.

Worst comes to worst, road trip to the capital, moose heads after the game