What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could add to the 23 Kangaroo's

Nevcost

Juniors
Like I said in annother post and annother topic in the NRL section called Roo Tour Backupa, I believe that 23 is too little for the Kangaroo tour squad and that we should get the team back up to the number of 28.
So this post is about baiscally, who would you chose as the five extra players to go on the tour besides the 23 already selected which is:
Darren Lockyer (c)
Phil Bailey
Danny Buderus
Petero Civoneciva
Michael Crocker
Joel Clinton
Michael De Vere
Craig Fitzgibbon
Ryan Girdler
Craig Gower
Shannon Hegarty
Robbie Kearns (v/c)
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Willie Mason
Anthony Minichiello
Luke Ricketson
Steve Simpson
Matt Sing
Richard Villasanti
Trent Waterhouse
Shane Webcke
Craig Wing

Anyway, the five I would add are:
Rhys Wesser: Has been great for Panthers, had to be selected. Because of this, I would use Miniciello as more of a Winger then Fullback
Preston Campbell: Is the form Five-Eight left in the comp and it baffles me why he wasn't selected as we have a lack of depth at Five-Eight, with only Craig Wing able to cover that position
Luke Priddis: I would use Craig Wing as more of a Five-Eight then hooker and have Priddis there as a backup for Budderus. One of the leading players in making tackles, an incredible hrad worker who got the Clive Churchill medal in the Grand Final and you don't get that medal for doinf nothing
Scott Sattler: We have a lack of good lock Forwards and this player has been a tremendous hard worker for the Panthers, and this test jersey would be a long time coming for him
Danny Nutley: The only Cronulla player who would not look out of place in this team, like Sattler Nutley does a lot of work and made 871 tackles this season and 403 and hitups.

If the team didn't already have depth in the areas of Halfback and Prop Forward, I would of chosen Steve Price and Matt Orford

Misanthrope

Staff member
My Five:

1. Preston Campbell
2. Luke Priddis
3. Matt Orford
4. Josh Perry/Luke Davico
5. Steven Price

I wanted to take Wesser, but went with a forward because Wesser would be behind Minichiello, Sing, and Lockyer for the backline. Price, Priddis, and Orford are definate must-takes. I went with Perry because he's young and aggressive. Or Davico, as he is a level headed beast.