What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illawarra v bulldogs

Lawrie, Hind, Kerr and Host have worked hard.

Leilua has gone missing i see why he doesn't get picked in first grade he is to lazy for my liking.

Marketo, Havili and Mathews offered nothing and not disappointed they are going.

Periera and Herbert have tried hard but Milne the more senior player has been ordinary.

Moving Field into the halves didn't work he tried but seemed lost.

Dufty to much sidways running just like in first grade and his kick return seriously not good.

Not a geat performance outplayed by a more experienced Dogs pack but tried hard.

To many silly mistakes and dumb penalties killed them off.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Lawrie, Hind, Kerr and Host have worked hard.

Leilua has gone missing i see why he doesn't get picked in first grade he is to lazy for my liking.

Marketo, Havili and Mathews offered nothing and not disappointed they are going.

Periera and Herbert have tried hard but Milne the more senior player has been ordinary.

Moving Field into the halves didn't work he tried but seemed lost.

Dufty to much sidways running just like in first grade and his kick return seriously not good.

Not a geat performance outplayed by a more experienced Dogs pack but tried hard.

To many silly mistakes and dumb penalties killed them off.

Agree but tbough josh kerr also did well

Agree but tbough josh kerr also did well
I said Kerr did well he worked hard and did alot of little things well he is a forward for the future but imo Hind is a little further along at this stage.

Overall a okay season I had a feeling it was going to be tough losing players from last years squad before the season and during it.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I said Kerr did well he worked hard and did alot of little things well he is a forward for the future but imo Hind is a little further along at this stage.

Overall a okay season I had a feeling it was going to be tough losing players from last years squad before the season and during it.

Coast
Is hind still with us next year.
I thought he hadn't been signed.
Or am I wrong

Dragons 09

Juniors
Kerr is just about ready for the next step, coming along nicely.

I always thought Milne had potential (and probably still does) but i'm not as disappointed about losing him as i was when it was first announced, he seems like he's just going through the motions now and doesn't give a f**k. Bit of a dummy spitter with a poor attitude.

At least they made the finals with such an inexperienced team that chopped and changed all year so good on them, maybe could have gone a little bit further if they had an old experienced head in the side to lead them around.

Marketo needs to get that skunk off his head and release it back into the wild.

j0nesy

Bench
I was there for the first 20 minutes. The Dogs gave us plenty of opportunities to win that game just in the first 20, but we weren't good enough. Our halves were very ordinary despite the forwards playing pretty well. Not to be too hard on them they're a young team and they did lose a couple of very experienced halves in Nona and Hutch.

I was there for the first 20 minutes. The Dogs gave us plenty of opportunities to win that game just in the first 20, but we weren't good enough. Our halves were very ordinary despite the forwards playing pretty well. Not to be too hard on them they're a young team and they did lose a couple of very experienced halves in Nona and Hutch.
Compare the team they had last year to this year and its massively different.

You had Quinlan at the back with Nona and Hutchison in the middle and McCrone at 9 it was a well balanced spine.

Throw in Wakeman, Sironen, McCarthy and Coster and you had experience everywhere.

This year they chopped and changed the team at will then they let go Masoe, McCarthy, Lewis and Nona all experienced players at ISP level and it really showed.

Mathews, Marketo and Havili didn't help what so ever today.

Leilua again went missing not sure its an attitude thing or what but imo thats a good reason why he isn't in first grade and may struggle to get back in.

Dufty struggled at fullback and Field in the halves so that also didn't help I thought Adam Clune was good again for a part timer he has done a fine job.

Will be interesting what kind of team it will be next year I can see a few of the under 20's being shifted into the ISP next year.

getsmarty

Immortal
Illawarra eliminated from ISP finals
Jack Brady

Sun 10th September, 07:00PM
A A

1505035316472.jpg

Illawarra's ISP premiership defence is over after suffering a 32-14 loss to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Sunday afternoon.

The precedent was unfortunately set from the get-go when Jai Field dropped the kick-off, although Illawarra showed plenty of gusto to prevent the Bulldogs scoring early.

In fact, Illawarra secured the early points in their first string of possession in the seventh minute through Patrick Herbert out wide.

Field made up for his earlier error when he broke through the Bulldogs' defence midway through the first half; it would lead to Illawarra's second try via Izaac Thompson when he scored on the next play on the other side of the field.

Another Illawarra error from the pursuing kick-off allowed the Bulldogs to score in the 26th minute through skipper Tyrone Phillips.

Illawarra's two-point lead at half-time was short-lived as Bulldogs winger Tom Carr intercepted a Matt Dufty pass and ran 90 metres to score in the 43rd minute.

Two more Bulldogs tries to Lachlan Lewis and Brad Abbey quickly followed as Illawarra starred down the barrel of a 16-point deficit.

An ugly kick from Dufty paid dividends in the 65th minute for Jordan Pereira who was the recipient of a four-pointer out wide.

The Bulldogs extended their lead via a Rhyse Martin penalty goal soon after before Abbey's second try rounded out Illawarra's 18-point defeat and consequential elimination.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 32 (Brad Abbey 2, Tyrone Phillips, Tom Carr, Lachlan Lewis tries; Rhyse Martin 6 goals) defeated Illawarra 14 (Patrick Herbert, Izaac Thompson, Jordan Pereira tries; Jai Field 1 goal) at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah. Half-time: Illawarra 8-6.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/09/10/illawarra_eliminated.html

From what I saw this year, which wasn't much obviously.
But Leilua looks fitter than he was at the end of last year, plus he didn't see my o be used well, he was constantly stuck out in the backline and never saw the ball.

I also think his confidence is down after never getting a shot at first grade this year.
Wouldn't surprise me if he asked for a release.

Dragsters

First Grade
Another one bites the dust.

Damn those rabie-ridden mongrels.

Thanks for the reports all...