What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illawarra v Panthers

Bench
I don't see any player that would get a run in firsr grade or even on the bench. I have to agree that Luciano has been a major disappointed this season. He had big wraps on him but I doubt he will ever play first grade for us.

Drakon

Juniors
only saw the first 20 minutes or so of the game . I was a bit disappointed with Kerr during that time as he didnt appear to take it up as much as lawrie . He seemed a bit out of condition imo. hes got the size BUT maybe the fact the team is in meltdown may account for it , And yep marketo was playing out of his skin . Next year I think wont be much better as we are going to have a lot of young inexperienced players out there How did Kerr really perform in the last 60 is he a chance for first grade next year
I missed the first 20 mins and saw the last 60.

Kerr didn't come on till about 20mins to go. In that 20, I thought Kerr played better than most of the rest. His try was a power run near the line after a pass from dummy half to him.

Didn't think any of them looked up to first grade standard. I guess that is why Mary isn't playing them. Thought Kerr, Hind and Marketo the best. A couple of good things from Sele,(one great tackle) and Matthews but they made mistakes too.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Remember the frenzy at the end of last season about this guy? He was to be the next big thing. What's the go? He is sitting way down the pecking order with our forwards. He needs to shape up. Put his head down and work hard. I hope he makes it but does he have the ticker?

Crush
You got it .
His is all in his head.
He sould have pride in his own proformance.

Steelers are in a rebuilding phase.
I'd say its more what the Dragons will do as in will they field a legit reserve grade squad or will it be a feeder situation again.

I guess it comes down to costings and with the under 20's gone as a national comp that will make a difference in terms of how money can be spent on a NSW Cup squad and how the NSWRL manages a new second tier salary cap system.

I am expecting the team will be a rather young squad with a few more experienced players dropping down from first grade.

Maxwell

Juniors
I watched this game live at Pepper stadium and didn't show much for Dragons. Penrith were slow starting but kicked into gear mid way thru first half and were never in any danger of losing. Dragons now have to do what Penrith have done and blood some of the best 20's players for a few games ready for next year. Put in some hard heads to help out and guide them along and the team will improve over time. My Grandson plays for Penrith ISP cup team , either F/R, 2ND /R or Lock , came thru system sg ball, 2 years of 20's now ISP cup has had a couple of times as 18th man and is in the 27 NRL team squad . So he's been seen was selected for 9's in NZ earlier in season, and they reaping benefits sitting 2nd at the moment. But the team needs a good coach , just because they were ok players at Dragons doesn'nt mean they should be coaching a team. There's far too much of this happening at dragons , eg boys club, bring in an outsider for f**k sake, like we had last year and let f**ken Bennett poach him . But the make up of the team should come from the 2017 holden cup side, And look after them and they will be the future in years to come

getsmarty

Immortal
Illawarra outplayed by ISP Panthers
Mon 24th July, 09:00AM
A A

1500870420523.jpg

By Blake Edwards

Illawarra have suffered a heavy 48-18 loss against the Penrith Panthers at Pepper Stadium on Saturday afternoon in the Intrust Super Premiership.

In what was a disruptive week with key players departing the club, a young Illawarra side took to the field and found themselves well and truly in the grind, until a string of tries late in the first half halted all of their enthusiasm.

Penrith playmaker Tyrone May evaded defenders close to the line to open his side's account midway through the first half before crossing again six minutes later.

Another try after the half-time siren to Jed Cartwright undone Illawarra's hard work to remain in the game, as they stared at an 18-0 scoreline come the break.

Cartwright started off where he left off scoring immediately after the break, further asserting his side's dominance.

Maiko Sivo, Bryce Cartwright and Liam Martin followed suit, as they all crashed over for four-pointers to give the mountain men a comfortable 42-0 lead.

Illawarra would finally break the shackles when Jack Payne crossed for their first of the afternoon.

Jesse Dee scored his first try in the Intrust Super Premiership a short while later to narrow the deficit to 42-12.

Penrith hit back through Jerome Luai to give his side a chance at cracking the half-century mark with five minutes remaining.

However, Illawarra’s Josh Kerr had other ideas, barging over to round out the 30-point loss to Illawarra.

Penrith Panthers 48 (Tyrone May 2, Jed Cartwright 2, Maiko Sivo, Liam Martin, Bryce Cartwright, Jerome Luai tries; Darren Nicholls 8 goals) defeated Illawarra 18 (Jack Payne, Jesse Dee, Josh Kerr tries; Taane Milne 3 goals) at Pepper Stadium. Half-time: Panthers 18-0.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/24/illawarra_outplayed_.html

Drag Queen

Bench
Illawarra outplayed by ISP Panthers
Mon 24th July, 09:00AM
A A

1500870420523.jpg

By Blake Edwards

Illawarra have suffered a heavy 48-18 loss against the Penrith Panthers at Pepper Stadium on Saturday afternoon in the Intrust Super Premiership.

In what was a disruptive week with key players departing the club, a young Illawarra side took to the field and found themselves well and truly in the grind, until a string of tries late in the first half halted all of their enthusiasm.

Penrith playmaker Tyrone May evaded defenders close to the line to open his side's account midway through the first half before crossing again six minutes later.

Another try after the half-time siren to Jed Cartwright undone Illawarra's hard work to remain in the game, as they stared at an 18-0 scoreline come the break.

Cartwright started off where he left off scoring immediately after the break, further asserting his side's dominance.

Maiko Sivo, Bryce Cartwright and Liam Martin followed suit, as they all crashed over for four-pointers to give the mountain men a comfortable 42-0 lead.

Illawarra would finally break the shackles when Jack Payne crossed for their first of the afternoon.

Jesse Dee scored his first try in the Intrust Super Premiership a short while later to narrow the deficit to 42-12.

Penrith hit back through Jerome Luai to give his side a chance at cracking the half-century mark with five minutes remaining.

However, Illawarra’s Josh Kerr had other ideas, barging over to round out the 30-point loss to Illawarra.

Penrith Panthers 48 (Tyrone May 2, Jed Cartwright 2, Maiko Sivo, Liam Martin, Bryce Cartwright, Jerome Luai tries; Darren Nicholls 8 goals) defeated Illawarra 18 (Jack Payne, Jesse Dee, Josh Kerr tries; Taane Milne 3 goals) at Pepper Stadium. Half-time: Panthers 18-0.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/24/illawarra_outplayed_.html

denis preston

First Grade
They were terrible even though Marketo had his best game ever ! Sele looks as though he has gone backwards. Kerr looks a good prospect though.

Maxwell

Juniors
Like I said on another thread , it all comes down to attitude and fitness, also the coach. The 20's had a good enough team to win last year . But they fell to the same treatment Panthers 20's got too. Were flogging roosters at H/T couldn't tackle Panthers or Dragons came out 2nd half both games and were bullet proof, was like they were given something at H/T. I just don't feel Matt Head is the right person for coach Penrith are a young team who have come thru the system with a couple of senior players. Dragons have that there, but watching that game cutters were in the game at 12 nil but Penrith scored right on H/T,18 nil then and they were not in the contest after that. Untill they rid the boys club they will struggle, just look at last year outside coach and couldn't even sign him on for future , he was the first grade coach in waiting. Until Bennett stepped in, something he whinges about when clubs do it to broncos

Latest posts