What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I'm worth more than that" - Benji

I'd say it would be his Mrs. She was happy to move to NZ, cos she became a TV and Radio host here very quickly. She probably didn't want to go back to Aus and give up her jobs.

chigurh

Yeah it's not ideal for the Broncos.

Ideally they'd have star juniors coming through that haven't been poached. But Ash Taylor and Nicholls have been snapped up recently, which is what happens when you have two halves that will probs be hard to dislodge for a number of years.

So for the Broncos I guess it comes down to whether they think keeping a small amount of salary cap space free in 2017 is better than securing some depth for their halves. It seems like they've opted for depth in the halves and thrown Benji a minimum wage contract. tbh I think it's a pretty good choice.

chigurh

I've seen it written but personally I find it hard to believe he will be playing centre. The closest Bennett came to disclosing where Benji will play was saying that he won't replace Milford or Hunt in the halves. And Brisbane will have depth in 2017 in the centres for the first time in yonks (Kahu, Roberts, Opacic, Moga).

I think it's more likely that Brisbane are one of (maybe the only?) option Benji has, and so he'll take 100k to provide depth for the halves if/when needed.

If he can provide a bit of coaching to Hunt and Milford, all the better. Their kicking games can certainly improve.

Nightward

Juniors
To be honest I think it's a smokescreen.

Hunt was mentally shot for most of the past season and needs to vastly improve. His odds of being selected for rep duty are abysmally low. Bennet is playing coy in public, saying he's still happy with Hunt.

I honestly think that if he doesn't show marked gains in the first few weeks of next season he'll be hooked. Benji is there as insurance so they have time to go after a longer-term solution, like making a major play for Ash Taylor or possibly Keiran Foran given he only has a one-year contract with the Warriors.

Even busted as he is physically, Benji's three times the player Hunt was in 2016.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Geez turned down a gig at Catalans which would've been lucrative and im sure would've pleased the missus.

Realistically he will be on the bench at best and do a shift at dummy half. Or maybe hunt will do that if he doesn't improve

ed-grimley

Bench
I've seen it written but personally I find it hard to believe he will be playing centre. The closest Bennett came to disclosing where Benji will play was saying that he won't replace Milford or Hunt in the halves. And Brisbane will have depth in 2017 in the centres for the first time in yonks (Kahu, Roberts, Opacic, Moga).

I think it's more likely that Brisbane are one of (maybe the only?) option Benji has, and so he'll take 100k to provide depth for the halves if/when needed.

If he can provide a bit of coaching to Hunt and Milford, all the better. Their kicking games can certainly improve.
Yeah, if at least a bit of Marshall magic rubs off on the halves at Brisbane it would be a positive for them - neither go close to matching Benji at his peak.

Spade

Juniors
Kidding yourselves if you'd think Benji is only getting 100k, probably getting 300k in 3rd parties.

Spade

Juniors
Yeah, if at least a bit of Marshall magic rubs off on the halves at Brisbane it would be a positive for them - neither go close to matching Benji at his peak.

Benjis peak, when was that? His only had 2 or 3 good seasons