What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improving The Forum Sevens

Collateral

Coach
Hey guys, this thread is purley dedicated to everyones ideas to improving the forum Sevens...so post your ideas here and see what the feedback is.
BTW people...this is a NON-ABUSIVE THREAD...so if anyone posts something slanderous could Willow or someone else please delete it?

Cheers and lets get those brains thinking ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:
BTW people...this is a NON-ABUSIVE THREAD...so if anyone posts something slanderous could Willow or someone else please delete it?
;-)
Is corporal punishment still illegal? I've got an urge to start banging heads together. ;-)

Zef

Juniors
Pssst Willow - The Cup! Any answer will do.

legend said:
showcase some of the great work people have written in the sevens competition.

Someone figured out what the whole show should be about. A star awaits - somewhere.

ParraMatt

Bench
I have an idea for improving forum sevens.
I think it is great the move to this site now that i have looked around, But if we could get our own team forum like the last site i think this would attract alot more people. I know the admin might not allow it but if so then it must be done.

Cheers
ParraMatt.

Collateral

Coach
Do we have advertising on LeagueUnlimiteds frontpage/homepage?

Might be a good idea to have something there!

Anonymous

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
I have an idea for improving forum sevens.
I think it is great the move to this site now that i have looked around, But if we could get our own team forum like the last site i think this would attract alot more people. I know the admin might not allow it but if so then it must be done.

I made a post somewhere in the F7s forum about having a dedicated matches forum like we had before. I've already done some house cleaning (hidden the old Henson Park forum) to make room for it. So we will have a matches forum at least.

With the teams forums, it might be more difficult but I'm looking into it.
As a stop-gap measure, I made all the team forums 'sticky' so they'd be near the top. Having a dedicated team forums depends on the growth of the F7s.

RedDragon said:

No argument from me. I think we just wanted to see if the F7s was going to make a comeback. Given the great support that it's generated in such a short time, I don't see any reason why we can't make it so.

What I want is a F7s banner... about the same size as the Forums banner on the front page at www.leagueunlimited.com

We seem to have some pretty talented graphics artists in our midsts...if someone can come up with a banner, I'll see that it gets prime position.

Collateral

Coach
This may sound a bit stupid, but....what if there is a Forum Sevens Judicary?

People that make racist, offensive, etc posts for their team can be put on report and have to face the Judicary? Could also be used where (it has happened in the past) players from another team invade another teams thread and degrade it etc.
Finally also face the judicary for abusing follow players.

What about it? Could be an answer to a few discipline problems that pop up here and there.

Green Eye

Juniors
RedDragon said:

I'll see if I can knock up a Forum 7's banner....

ParraMatt

Bench
RedDragon said:

People that make racist, offensive, etc posts for their team can be put on report and have to face the Judicary? Could also be used where (it has happened in the past) players from another team invade another teams thread and degrade it etc.

What about it? Could be an answer to a few discipline problems that pop up here and there.

What's racism got to do with it.

Collateral

Coach
ParraMatt said:
RedDragon said:

What's racism got to do with it.

:?: :? :?:

Ok then.....some people might be the subject of racists remarks or could be the same natio as the nationality being discriminated against, thus it could be found offensive.

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:

Thats a very good point and one that I sort of covered in the regulations thread. Something about the forum moderator being involved should a major disruption occur.

Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the website to watch out for anything that is deemed to be racist etc. Truth is, most people know the boundaries so it won't happen very often if at all.
But the site owners have to be wary that the server doesn't get any complaints.

The way it works is that if someone views the site (be it League Unlimited or the Front Row Forums) and makes a complaint to the server (web host), then we have to defend ourselves.

The server have a section called 'Abuse Department' and these buggers have a habit of closing down sites without much consideration. It's very unlikely it would get to that stage because our Patron Saint, the Jolly Green Giant, is on the ball. 8-[

Eventually, we will have a few moderators and if you like, they can be a judiciary of sorts but as always, these things are open to discussion.

Collateral

Coach
It could be a job for the management comittee if it was passed.....

another idea is the dally M system of awarding poiunts to determine end of years best player...just like the NRL.

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:
It could be a job for the management comittee if it was passed.....

another idea is the dally M system of awarding poiunts to determine end of years best player...just like the NRL.

Another good idea. I think there should be a prize for the best player(s). One for next year perhaps?

legend

Coach
I don't want to tread on anyone's toes here so if I am being too intrusive just tell me to back off and i'll take the hint.

I think some prime time advertising will see the sevens reach heights previously not thought possible.

I think one management forum for captains and management commitee to post in only (i.e private forum) would be a good way to keep arguments to a bare minimum.

You could run polls to vote on judiciary members and management committee to have it as democratic as possible.

Transparency is the key IMO and so long as evrything is kept out in the open then there should be no major issues.

Collateral

Coach
legend said:
I don't want to tread on anyone's toes here so if I am being too intrusive just tell me to back off and i'll take the hint.

I think some prime time advertising will see the sevens reach heights previously not thought possible.

I think one management forum for captains and management commitee to post in only (i.e private forum) would be a good way to keep arguments to a bare minimum.

You could run polls to vote on judiciary members and management committee to have it as democratic as possible.

Transparency is the key IMO and so long as evrything is kept out in the open then there should be no major issues.

I think there are some pretty good ideas in there to build on. Great input Legend.
One person that HAS to be in the Management Committee and Judicary would have to be Willow.

Zef

Juniors
.... and The Cup?

Surely there's got to be a place for the bullsh.tters.

The Cup, Willow. The Cup!

Legend that sounds phenominal 8)

Willow, that bleating that I hear, can you hear it too. - the cup the cup willow... Like on Fantasy Island where the midget would scrawtch, the plane, the plane. ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
Helen of Troy said:
Legend that sounds phenominal 8)

Willow, that bleating that I hear, can you hear it too. - the cup the cup willow... Like on Fantasy Island where the midget would scrawtch, the plane, the plane. ;-)

LOL... thank heavens for that... I thought it was only me. :lol:

Currently, we have the new Management forum set up and raring to go - but not much input. That's the place to discuss who will be keeping things on track.

For the time being, it will be open to to all contributors who want to put in their two cents worth. When we get a list of possible candidates, then sure, we have a vote of sorts. The poll sounds good to me. I expect that after a while, the Management forum will be limited access so nows the time for everyone to voice their opinions.