What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

Yeah I was a mega fan of LP when they released their first two albums. They lost me after the third but it didn't diminish how good the first two were. Even the Hybrid Theory EP was pretty good, albeit very raw.

They cannot go on without him, his voice is rather unique.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
RIP Chester

Can't believe it we lose another one. LP always got a run with me and my mates while never being a favourite I always enjoyed their first 3 albums.

And we are still stuck with f**ksticks like Keyne and the Kardashians.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Sad news to hear about Chester. Big fan of LP's earlier work. Obviously not sure of his reasons for going to such an extreme, drugs/alcohol, depression, or a combination.
Guys, if you are having troubles, please open up to someone. Don't let it fester inside and make you do rash things.

thorson1987

Coach
R.I.P Kevins dad

http://movieweb.com/john-heard-dies-dead-actor-home-alone-sopranos/

Actor John Heard (Home Alone), (The Sopranos) has died at the age of 72. Heard is probably best known for his role as Peter McAllister in 1990's Home Alone while also starring in a wide range of acting roles on TV and the big screen over the years. His breakout role was in 1979's Chilly Scenes of Winter, a big screen adaptation of a book by Ann Beattie. The movie was given mixed reviews, mainly due to the story, but Heard's performance was praised.

TMZ reports that Heard was found dead in a hotel room by maid staff in Palo Alto on Friday according to family sources. There was an emergency call placed by hotel staff, but Heard was pronounced dead at the scene. The actor had "minor" back surgery on Wednesday and was reportedly staying at the hotel to recover. The coroner is investigating the immediate cause of death, which is unknown at this time.

John Heard was born March 7th, 1945 in Washington D.C. His mother was involved in the arts and appeared in community theater presentations while his father worked for the Secretary of Defense. Heard attended Gonzaga College High School and Clark University, both in D.C. and got into acting in the early 1970s when he was in his mid 20s. He appeared off-Broadway in 1974 in Mark Medoff's play The Wager and at the Eugene O'Neil Theater Center in 1977 in a series of different plays. In 1979, he played Arthur Dimmesdale in a television production off author Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. He later won Obie Awards for his performances in Othello and Split in the early 1980s.

Starting in the late 1970s, Heard was seen in a variety of roles from television and movies. In 1981, he took on the starring role as Alex Cutter in The Cutters Way as a conspiracy-minded Vietnam veteran and then went on to star in The Cat People, C.H.UD., The Trip to Bountiful, which had him working beside future Home Alone co-star Daniel Stern. He played a bartender in Martin Scorsese's After Hours and in the late 80s he starred opposite Tom Hanks in Big and Beaches as Bette Midler's husband.

1990 saw John Hear in the role of Kevin McAllister's dad in John Hughes' Home Alone, the role for which he would arguably become best known for. He was frequently called Mr. McAllister or Kevin's dad on the street after the movie and its sequel hit theaters in the early 90s. Later Heard took roles in My Fellow Americans, The Pelican Brief, Awakenings, In the Line of Fire, Pollock, and HBO's hit show The Sopranos, where he received an Emmy nomination for his reoccurring role. Most recently Heard was seen in FX's Justified, Sharknado and Fox's APB. John Heard was inducted into the Gonzaga College High School Theater Hall of Fame for his acting over his 40-year career. Heard is survived by his three children, Jack, Max, and Annika.

TIGER14

Bench
Gurrumul Yunupinga has died, aged 46.

AUSTRALIAN musical great Dr G Yunupingu has died, aged 46, after a long battle with illness, his music label has confirmed.

The multiple ARIA-Award-winner, whose full name news.com.au has withheld for cultural reasons, died in Royal Darwin Hospital about 5pm on Tuesday.

Dr G Yunupingu was a rare figure in Australian music — a quiet, media-shy talent who let his delicate, transcendent voice and native language speak for themselves.

“Dr G Yunupingu is remembered today as one of the most important figures in Australian music history, blind from birth and emerging from the remote Galiwin’ku community on Elcho Island off the coast of Arnhem Land to sell over half a million copies of his albums across the world, singing in his native Yolngu language,” his label Skinnyfish Music said in a statement.

“His debut album cemented him as the Australian voice of a generation, hitting triple platinum in Australia, silver in the UK and charting in multiple other countries across the globe.

“The highest selling indigenous artist in history, Dr G Yunupingu released two subsequent top five studio albums, Rrakala and The Gospel Album, achieved a swag of ARIA Awards, performed across the globe for audiences including Queen Elizabeth II and Barak Obama and released the first indigenous language single to reach the top five, all the while continuing to call Elcho Island home.

“Dr G Yunupingu also gave back to his community as the driving force behind the G Yunupingu Foundation, creating opportunities for young people across the Northern Territory.

“His legacy as a musician and community leader will continue as his life’s work continues its positive impact on Elcho Island, the Northern Territory, Australia and the world.

“Skinnyfish Music and Dr G Yunupingu’s family ask for your respect at this time.”

His daughter Jasmine posted an image on Facebook with the caption: “My father/My everything”.

Dr Yunupingu first came to prominence as part of the celebrated indigenous band Yothu Yindi, best known for the 1991 hit Treaty.

He released his first solo album in 2008, which peaked at number three on the ARIA charts and went triple platinum.

He has performed live with Stevie Wonder, Delta Goodrem and Missy Higgins, and has won praise for his voice from icons such as Elton John, Sting and Björk.

He graced the cover of Rolling Stonemagazine in 2011, which labelled him as “Australia’s most important voice” and a portrait of him by Guy Maestri won the Archibald Prize in 2009.

Dr Yunupingu’s death comes weeks before a documentary about his life is set to debut at the Melbourne Film Festival.

Dr Yunupingu has long battled the effects of hepatitis B and kidney disease, which he has suffered from since childhood.

He nearly bled to death in Royal Darwin Hospital last year after suffering internal bleeding for eight hours, Skinnyfish Music managing director Mark Grose alleged at the time.

Mr Grose said the bleeding was related to an ongoing liver condition, but medical staff wrote him off as an alcoholic.

“I believe there was an assumption that he was a drinker, and his problems were caused by alcohol and that the effort going into saving him would be useless anyway because he’d just go back drinking,” he said, according to the ABC.

“Again I’d just like to say his condition is not related to drinking.”

Then Northern Territory Health Minister John Elferink branded the complaint a publicity stunt, a claim Mr Grose said was “despicable”.

News.com.au has chosen not to use Dr Yunupingu’s image for cultural reasons, pending family permission.

https://amp.ntnews.com.au/entertain...6/news-story/3f66d5d62a3228d99cfaddb228f554f6

Pantherjim.

Referee
They cannot go on without him, his voice is rather unique.

My all time favourite Singer and my all time favourite band.

His death is absolutely senseless, and you're right, Linkin Park can't possibly go on without Chester's voice.

I think this song of Linkin Park's is appropriate, after all, we had no idea what we had with Chester "Until he was gone"

My all time favourite Singer and my all time favourite band.

His death is absolutely senseless, and you're right, Linkin Park can't possibly go on without Chester's voice.

I think this song of Linkin Park's is appropriate, after all, we had no idea what we had with Chester "Until he was gone"

He was molested as a kid, brought on a fair amount of substance abuse.

My person favourites were Chris Cornell and Wayne Static.

Pantherjim.

Referee
He was molested as a kid, brought on a fair amount of substance abuse.

Yup, sexually abused from when he was 7 until the age of 13 by an older guy. Ironically, Chester's Father was a cop in Phoenix, Arizona who worked with the child sexual abuse task force.

Parra

Referee
Country singer Glen Campbell who has suffered with Alzheimer's for the past few years has passed away aged 81.

Watched a great doco last night about how he dealt with the diagnosis in 2012. Great sense of humour and wonderful support from his family and fans as he continued to perform. Amazing that with all of the memory loss he could still play wonderful guitar for quite a few years.

No longer on the line

horrie hastings

First Grade
Watched a great doco last night about how he dealt with the diagnosis in 2012. Great sense of humour and wonderful support from his family and fans as he continued to perform. Amazing that with all of the memory loss he could still play wonderful guitar for quite a few years.

No longer on the line

I watched something like that about a year or two ago, not sure whether it was the same doco or whether it was one of the channel 7 Sunday show, as you say it featured his great sense of humour and great family support.

Found this condensed version of a show Glen did with Olivia Newton John in Australia back in 1976, there are longer versions of the show out there but a lot of it is corny. I put this bit in because of the 13.30 mark of the video with Glen, Olivia and Daryl Braithwaite singing Let Me Be There, there are also a couple of Rugby League snippets in the opening credits, the video quality is lousy and has Japanese sub titles but Glen, Olivia and Daryl together is a great time piece.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Harry Dean Stanton dead at 91.

Just saw it on TV and thought "Who is that?. Never heard of him but well aware of what movies and TV shows he has been in.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Grant Hart of Husker Du...succumbed to the big C at age 56.
One of the most underrated & influential drummers of the past 35 years or so.
R.I.P
Husker Du.

One of those bands you know or you don't.

Put out some good music during their relatively short career but Bob Mould was the most well known member by a long shot, including his other band Sugar.

By the way, Winx just won the George Main Stakes.

Latest posts