What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

British actor and comedian Rik Mayall, who found fame in the cult series The Young Ones, has died aged 56, his manager has said.
"We are deeply saddened to announce the death of Rick Mayall who passed away this morning," said Geoff Stanton from Brunskill management.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ies-aged-56-20140610-zs2by.html#ixzz34AToBSNx

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/rik-mayall-dies-aged-56-20140610-zs2by.html

Still have the Young Ones videos that I taped from the tele, and the DVD. Watched it a week ago.

RIP Rick, you were a funny B'Stard.

Brutus

Referee
Richie from Bottom you sad old git will never be forgotten.

He died a big fat virgin. Not even those pheromones from the sex shop could land him a "shag". Eddie (and Edwina) will be heartbroken.

The Young Ones and Bottom were two of the best shows ever.

Rest in f**king peace. :(

BptI7JAIEAA6_rD.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...all-dies-aged-56/story-fn907478-1226948877592

some11

Referee
Our parents bought us the Bottom box set a few years ago, f**king classic.

The stage shows that came after and Guest House Paradiso are hilarious as well.

I remember the first time I saw Young Ones. A mate was chatting with another bloke and they were laughing about a new show they had watched on the ABC. He told me about a bloke who, when confronted with the electrical lead for the TV not being long enough to reach the wall, went outside and moved the wall to the plug. I watched the next ep and never missed another one. The show cracked me up and is one of the few reasons the 80's shouldn't be forgotten.

For me it's like Fawlty Towers, they didn't overdo it and made the perfect number of episodes. It never got stale and I still watch it and laugh today.

Today is a bad day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
wow, sad news

I've seen everything he's ever done including all the live Bottom stage shows on Youtube

will be sadly missed

Skinner

Coach
The Young Ones was the closest TV show I've seen to the (radio) Goon show. If that makes sense.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Very sad.

Bottom was my favourite show growing up.

My brother and I must have watched each episode a dozen times.

Way too young.

I used to have to tape (on VCR) the Young Ones because I'd be laughing so hard I'd miss half the jokes and have to watch it again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Filthy Rich and Catflap hasn't had a mention yet, they did that before they did Bottom

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Sadly Jim Keays passed away this morning.

He was in the middle of working on a new record having taken inspiration from Russell Morris' recent success.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade