What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just got home after hearing of Robin Williams' death a few hours ago. For the first time in a few years, I had tears in my eyes.

A brilliant and natural comedian and actor, second to none, except Peter Sellers.

He carried his demons along with him for many years, and honestly, I don't know how he did what he did.

A false public persona hiding a twisted private psyche. Sadly, I'm in the same boat, but on a different level.

You will be sadly missed, Robin.

Iafeta

Referee
Tragic news. He's probably the one actor that many thought wouldn't have had his life end like this. So sad :(

I'll always remember his awesome movies such as Jack and Jamunji, and Dead Poets Society.

RIP Robin :(

Unfortunately he faced many demons in his life. Depression in itself is a truly horrible thing.

RIP Robin

mackdadday

Juniors
Just watched Dead Poets. Absolutely stunning in every way. That was when he was at his best. The comedy within the deadly serious.

natheel

Coach
In terms of celebrity deaths, Robin Williams' was one of only few where it truly saddens so many people

RIP

I think it's because he was one of those rare actors that was able to communicate with many generations. I mean I showed my 7 year old nephew Hook and he loved him and Jumanii and those movies are still good for kids these days and most kids point out Williams as the best part

Channels are still paying tribute to him

Still shocked

mackdadday

Juniors
Im on a Robin Williams binge with Poets, Vietnam, Patch Adams and Smoochy already watched and only a few months ago i watched 'What dreams may come' which was tremendous too. Bloody terrific actor and a bitter sweet smile that sells many an emotion.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I've been watching a lot of his interviews over the years on youtube (Conan, Letterman, Graham Norton, Parkinson etc...), he was always bloody entertaining on those as well.

Generalzod

Immortal
Sir Richard Attenborough (Welcome to Jurassic Park), I remember doing Asian studies at school back in1983 our teacher took us to see Ghandi what a remarkable film.
RIP

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
The Great Escape
10 Rillington Place

These are the two that stand out for me. His portrayal of a serial killer was everything that the over the top overacted efforts in Silence of the Lambs was not.