What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis admits himself to mental health clinic

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I reckon Bobby is like a gay guy who is in the closet and acts real macho and homophobic. He probably has his own issues that he is too ashamed or terrified to admit to himself hence he acts all macho and tough whenever the subject comes up in any form, help is out there Bobby, you just have to be a man and ask for it.

Maybe he needs help too. We should probably be a little more sensitive to his plight.

betcats

Referee
Maybe he needs help too. We should probably be a little more sensitive to his plight.

When some ones only justification for there actions is "I live in the real world" there is usually something going on. Putting the boot into someone like this just for the sake of it isn't something healthy and happy people do.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
If the cause of Inglis' depression is related to his injury, then I know what exactly he is going through.

Losing the ability to persue one's career can have a devastating effect on one's mental wellbeing, whatever the reason.

Depression is the pits. You lose all motivation to do the things you used to love, have racing thoughts constantly, suffer from substance abuse and eating and sleep disturbances,

Whether there is more to Inglis' condition, only he can answer that.

moffla

Bench
B*tch please. I've obviously always been a stand-up guy.

Don't you think Kimmorley wants to check himself into a depression clinic? But no, he knows he has 4 kids he has to be strong for.

Kimmorley lost his wife.
Inglis beat his wife....and now she's finally moved out on him.

Lol why even bring Brett Kimmorley's situation into this conversation? It's actually completely irrelevant, because believe it or not it's actually not up to you to decide if people can be depressed or not.

You talk about perspective as though no-one else on this planet is allowed to have a mental illness because 'it could be worse'. It doesn't work that way, it never has and it never will.

Next time you're sad, try tell yourself it could be worse. It doesn't automatically make you feel good, does it?

GongPanther

Referee
I reckon Bobby is like a gay guy who is in the closet and acts real macho and homophobic. He probably has his own issues that he is too ashamed or terrified to admit to himself hence he acts all macho and tough whenever the subject comes up in any form, help is out there Bobby, you just have to be a man and ask for it.

You are referring to pychological projection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Remember that field goal attempt at the SCG against the Tigers a couple of seasons ago when Souths needed a try to win it? I wonder if that was one of the issues he has found hard to overcome,being he got ribbed royally about it?

Be that as it may,I hope him well and hope to see him on the field ASAP.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Remember that field goal attempt at the SCG against the Tigers a couple of seasons ago when Souths needed a try to win it? I wonder if that was one of the issues he has found hard to overcome,being he got ribbed royally about it?

Be that as it may,I hope him well and hope to see him on the field ASAP.

Wasn't that against the dragons last year? Down 8-6?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Was it last year? lol,I couldn't remember. My apologies.:) (EDIT:Gawd I'm getting worse.)
It flew by, didn't it?!
Inglis seemed to laugh it off at the time.

It would appear there's a bit of pressure in his private life as well as injury problems.
Certainly not any of my business.

GongPanther

Referee
It flew by, didn't it?!
Inglis seemed to laugh it off at the time.

It would appear there's a bit of pressure in his private life as well as injury problems.
Certainly not any of my business.

When it comes to his private life,things can and do take a turn for the worst just like any other persons situation. In time,I'm sure things will work out for him.

POPEYE

Coach
The Home of Rugby League has it as 'massive news affecting RL', the rest of us see it as precautionary

mozza91

Coach
I personally blame Fifita and Hayne for GI's illness. However, cheers to Russell Packer for being a continued inspiration that will get Greg through this tough time.
PS- The NRL are evil and Anthony Milford doesn't try at training.

Bazal

Post Whore
Brett Kimmorley just lost his wife to cancer and has to raise 4 daughters on his own, and GI's sad cos he has a sore knee and he's not a good player anymore? Perspective.

Mental illness and grief are two completely different things

Pommy

Coach
Brett Kimmorley just lost his wife to cancer and has to raise 4 daughters on his own, and GI's sad cos he has a sore knee and he's not a good player anymore? Perspective.

What is this? A game of my life is shitter than yours or something?

ByronTitan

Juniors
Mental illness and grief are two completely different things

Actually I was grieving (dad died) and was feeling very low. I went to see someone and she said grief and depression can have very similar symptoms. Made an appointment to see the shrink again in a few weeks and took the family to Bali. I had to cancel the appointment on my return as the grief just melted away in that time.
Perhaps that's the difference, time is a great healer of grief. Depression needs more work. Good luck to GI.

Latest posts