What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries update

Tigerm

First Grade
R-3

WESTS TIGERS

Josh Reynolds — Hamstring — Round 5

Jacob Liddle — Shoulder — Round 4

Tui Lolohea — Knee — Round 4

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak — Hip — TBC

Benji Marshall — Ankle — TBC

From Fox Sports

Tiger Ted

Bench
Liddle straight in
Of the players injured the ones who r indispensable r Benji & Liddle.

I hope the round expected back re injury list is accurate coz we need Liddle desperately.The service from dummy half v Broncos was substandard.The fact we have competed so admirably against 3 heavyweights without a competent dummy half speaks volumes for the sides grit & determination.

So what about Taylor???

From nrl.com

Benji Marshall had scans on an ankle injury suffered in the second half of the side's loss to the Broncos and remained in a moon boot over the weekend. The injury is not as serious as first feared and he is a strong chance to play against Parramatta on Easter Monday. Marshall will be named in the No.6 jersey on Tuesday and given every chance to prove his fitness. Tyson Gamble is set to be named on the bench as cover for Marshall while Tuimoala Lolohea is set to return from a knee injury and could also be used at five-eighth if needed. Josh Reynolds is two weeks away from a return from his hamstring injury. Elijah Taylor is set to miss two to four weeks with the hamstring injury that kept him out of Friday's clash with Brisbane.

Jacob Liddle (shoulder, round 4)
Tui Lolohea (knee, round 4)
Josh Reynolds (hamstring, round 5)
Benji Marshall (ankle, round 4)
Elijah Taylor (hamstring, round 6-8)

Clifferd

Coach
So if Liddles fit to play does he slot straight back in with no game time under his belt?

I wouldn’t start him, but I’d play him off the bench. I know He’s only a rookie, but I reckon he would be close to our best player at sparking attack

I’ve always said Liddle will be a quality 1st grade dummy half if the poor bastard can stop getting injured and string a few games together

Vozzy

Juniors
I think at this stage anyone coming off a long injury even a month off should get a run in reserves just to get fitness up. The squad as a whole is really well balanced for injuries with like for like replacements with everyone doing a job it's Melbourne like without the superstars ATM.

Also when a player has a niggling injury or say Marshall being in a moon boot but being fit to play I would give him a week's rest to be safe.

I know we need to win games against weaker opposition but I think having players available for the second half of the year is more valuable then now so I wouldn't risk key players getting furthered injured resulting in a month long injury or more.

If Lolahea/Reynolds/liddle were available this week I would give them a week in reserves and return them all for the storm game next week. I would like to give Gamble a run he has been 18th man so he must be impressing Ivan and is a big half so should be good defensively.

Clifferd

Coach
Good points, we shouldn’t really be rushing players back unless we are in an injury crisis or playing in an important game because our depth allows that

Better for the long run

Vic Mackey

Referee
So if Liddles fit to play does he slot straight back in with no game time under his belt?

I wouldn’t start him, but I’d play him off the bench. I know He’s only a rookie, but I reckon he would be close to our best player at sparking attack

I’ve always said Liddle will be a quality 1st grade dummy half if the poor bastard can stop getting injured and string a few games together

I’d have Liddle on the bench, even 25-30mins from him will be gold. I don’t care which other hooker plays but a fit Liddle is a no brainer for me.

He came straight into 1st grade last year after the injury layoff, this year he will be more prepared.

People are right about our service from dummy half so far this season,both Godinet and Mcllwrick have been guilty of providing some ordinary passes,I also noticed against the Broncos Mcllwrick struggled to get to dummy half, so I wouldn’t have a problem going with Liddle for his first game starting from the bench.