What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

unKwn

Juniors
Im not giving up on this season just yet. i want to win this damn thing. they can only do so much but if they just hang in there and wait for cleary and co. to return they can make a serious push for a good finals run. we can do this.

i also want to send off mansour peach and wallace in a suitable way

franklin2323

Immortal
Im not giving up on this season just yet. i want to win this damn thing. they can only do so much but if they just hang in there and wait for cleary and co. to return they can make a serious push for a good finals run. we can do this.

i also want to send off mansour peach and wallace in a suitable way

Yeah if the guys comeback and stay in then we are right in this comp.. Injuries are key

OldPanther

Coach
The footy gods are going to make us really earn this premiership. I was only joking when I said we'd win it with the Flegg team!

mxlegend99

Referee
The only top 17 player we should be missing for finals is Edwards. Mckendry probably would be there too. But we arent really weakened without him

So really if we can stop getting new injuries and have everyone back on deck by finals we will not only be a great chance to be a threat we will be battle hardened and have more experience in guys we wouldnt have planned to yo get much experience. We would be better equipped than any team in the finals for any injuries.

While depleted we just need to beat the shit teams. Which we've done reasonable well. But we still need to put in 80 minute performances.

Our season the past 2 years cametoan end by spotting our opposition a 2/3 try lead and not being able torun it down. Thats one thing we cant do in a finals match.

superpanther

Juniors
The only top 17 player we should be missing for finals is Edwards. Mckendry probably would be there too. But we arent really weakened without him

So really if we can stop getting new injuries and have everyone back on deck by finals we will not only be a great chance to be a threat we will be battle hardened and have more experience in guys we wouldnt have planned to yo get much experience. We would be better equipped than any team in the finals for any injuries.

While depleted we just need to beat the shit teams. Which we've done reasonable well. But we still need to put in 80 minute performances.

Our season the past 2 years cametoan end by spotting our opposition a 2/3 try lead and not being able torun it down. Thats one thing we cant do in a finals match.

well said, couldn't agree more!!!!

GongPanther

Referee
FMD.

Daz thinks Leota has a pec injury.

We’ll be without any props soon.

Scans have revealed the full extent of a pectoral injury suffered by Panthers prop Moses Leota in the loss against North Queensland Cowboys in Bathurst.

Leota suffered a partial pectoral tear while making a tackle in the first half of the 26-20 defeat at Carrington Park.

The 22-year-old does not require surgery at this stage but will be sidelined for at least eight weeks.

Leota's replacement in the Panthers side to face Newcastle Knights will be revealed when coach Anthony Griffin names his squad on Tuesday afternoon.

Panthers forwards currently unavailable for selection include Sam McKendry (ACL), Tim Browne (bowel, retired), Corey Waddell (pectoral tear) and Jack Hetherington (suspended), while Trent Merrin is in doubt after undergoing surgery on a dislocated finger.
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/05/08/injury-update-moses-leota/

What have we done to deserve this?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sorry for the badly placed post. Like many of the players I have a shoulder injury which makes use a computer mouse somewhat of a challenge.

OldPanther

Coach
Sorry for the badly placed post. Like many of the players I have a shoulder injury which makes use a computer mouse somewhat of a challenge.

It's apreading to fans. My knee has been bad for months. We might just need that exorcism.

At least we're still top 4 with Cleary back next week. All things considered it's a good effort.

Kilkenny

Coach
These injuries are not going to ruin us. If we can just beat those who we need to beat, then get all troops back on deck in the last 6 weeks, i think we can give this a real push...

Our great start certainly has put us in a good position..

Love your optimism Mike.

franklin2323

Immortal
These injuries are not going to ruin us. If we can just beat those who we need to beat, then get all troops back on deck in the last 6 weeks, i think we can give this a real push...

Our great start certainly has put us in a good position..

The teams that are most healthy come Finals time will win it imo. So these injuries are fine provided we get to the finals still. Cleary, Merrin, May and Hetherington back next week will help

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
The teams that are most healthy come Finals time will win it imo. So these injuries are fine provided we get to the finals still. Cleary, Merrin, May and Hetherington back next week will help

We will make the finals. The thing that is in our favor is our big boys are still rolling forward.

RCG, Fish, Kikau Tamou even and we now a half who can direct and get the team where he wants them to be.. Cleary back in 2 weeks.

I am more than confident.

franklin2323

Immortal
We will make the finals. The thing that is in our favor is our big boys are still rolling forward.

RCG, Fish, Kikau Tamou even and we now a half who can direct and get the team where he wants them to be.. Cleary back in 2 weeks.

I am more than confident.

We just need to get to the bye for a few of those guys to recharge. Be top 4 for the round 13 bye and we are very well in this comp