What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

Just heard Maloney on the radio he said the plan was to rest him this week regardless. They are hoping he will be back in 2 weeks time.
Sounds a bit premature to me unless we are desperate I would give him extra time to get it right.

Frankus

Juniors
I thought that was a tear or pull? this from what I've heard is just a sprain
A sprain is a torn or stretched ligament.

Grade 2s can be recovered from in anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the individual and severity as there are different levels of grade 2s - some are closer to grade 1 (10% of ligament torn) and some are closer to grade 3 (complete rupture).

If he didn't think much of it, probably closer to grade 1. If we were in the GF this week I can guarantee Maloney would strap it and play and he would probably get through the game fine.

Frankus

Juniors
Just heard Maloney on the radio he said the plan was to rest him this week regardless. They are hoping he will be back in 2 weeks time.
Sounds a bit premature to me unless we are desperate I would give him extra time to get it right.
2 weeks off sounds reasonable mate. That gives him almost 3 weeks recovery time which should be more than enough.

We definitely need Maloney to beat the likes of the Storm. Even if he is still a turnstile in defence, we need his experience with Wallace gone. Same for finals week. It just gives the players extra confidence knowing he's there. 2 weeks out would be perfect timing but otherwise 3 is fine too. Need him back for the finals though.

OldPanther

Coach
Only worth playing Maloney against Melbourne if we’re playing for something.

If top 4 is secure then he may as well rest another week, or perhaps play some limited minutes to get some match practice before the finals?

Yeah I'd play him against Storm just for a hit out before the finals.

MrBlack

Juniors
This injury is a good thing.

Maloney looks like the type of player who plays till he bursts. He has clearly been playing busted the last few weeks but no coach would make the call to rest him.

We can go into the finals with him rested for a few weeks.

Add that to the fact that Cleary and RCG have also only played half a season (due to injuries), and throw Mansour into there as well.

We should be fresh for the finals. And to be honest, I don't really care where we finish up at the end of the regular season. With just 3 weeks to go, and after all the disruptions and injuries, we are actually only 2 points behind the leaders. Top 4 or bottom 4 wont really matter in this close comp. Rest up for a few weeks and if we are good enough, we will go deep into the semis.

Whino

Bench
This injury is a good thing.

Maloney looks like the type of player who plays till he bursts. He has clearly been playing busted the last few weeks but no coach would make the call to rest him.

We can go into the finals with him rested for a few weeks.

Add that to the fact that Cleary and RCG have also only played half a season (due to injuries), and throw Mansour into there as well.

We should be fresh for the finals. And to be honest, I don't really care where we finish up at the end of the regular season. With just 3 weeks to go, and after all the disruptions and injuries, we are actually only 2 points behind the leaders. Top 4 or bottom 4 wont really matter in this close comp. Rest up for a few weeks and if we are good enough, we will go deep into the semis.

All about staying injury free and building momentum right now. The rest will do him good.

MrBlack

Juniors
Fisher Harris injured. f**k.

Maybe resting him for the semis.

We are 3 weeks out from the finals and assured a spot. Been a while since we had a stress free end to the regular season. Rest up and get ready for a real shot in the finals.

We should get on top of Newcastle regardless.