What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

kinghippo

Juniors
I still disagree a about the knee, I think Don should have been at least put on report.
The Aussie rules guys lift their knees up towards their chest, going vertical most of the time. Dons knee was low and forward, very sloppy and completely different from AFL.
Anyway I wish mansour the best in recovery
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/cjg0d45a7008g0rqha3ujfcfy/mansour-flattened-by-flying-knee
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ansour/video/5fcba2c441bc123ecd92896feeee7615

Sime_11

Juniors
my brother made an interesting point while watching yesterdays game.

Chrichton has played fairly solid since replacing DWZ a few weeks back and as he knew DWZ would come back from Injury, his performances were a lot better.

But with Sauce going down last week and not being back until August at earliest, did that make him complacent yesterday knowing that he potentially has a wing spot for the next few months?

OldPanther

Coach
my brother made an interesting point while watching yesterdays game.

Chrichton has played fairly solid since replacing DWZ a few weeks back and as he knew DWZ would come back from Injury, his performances were a lot better.

But with Sauce going down last week and not being back until August at earliest, did that make him complacent yesterday knowing that he potentially has a wing spot for the next few months?

The entire team looked like that excluding 2 or 3.

kinghippo

Juniors
Did anyone else hear the channel nine team say they spoke to Griffin before the game and he said Cleary is still 6 weeks away?

OldPanther

Coach
Did anyone else hear the channel nine team say they spoke to Griffin before the game and he said Cleary is still 6 weeks away?

I heard that on fox. I sure hope not. There has been a lack of info considering he should've been out of the knee brace.

OldPanther

Coach
PENRITH star Nathan Cleary is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a knee injury.
The 20-year-old has been sidelined since late March with a Grade 3 MCL tear and was pencilled in for a 10 week recovery but he’s responded to treatment better than expected.

“Hopefully about four weeks,” Cleary told Triple M Saturday NRL of his return to the field.

“Aiming for about round 11, if I’m lucky round 10.
“I’m going to have to play it week by week and hopefully start running by the end of (this) week and we’ll see how we go.

“… I got on the Alter G — that’s the gravity treadmill and had a run on that and at the end of the week get back to normal running.”
Eyeing off an early return, Cleary’s comeback will put him into contention for NSW State of Origin selection.

His Panthers teammate James Maloney is considered a walk-up start for the Blues and Cleary admits he still holds out hope of making his Origin debut in the series opener.

“I definitely have hopes,” he said.

“I’m not thinking about that too much at the moment.

“It’s getting this injury right and working my way back in the team but if it does come down the track I’d take it on and really enjoy that challenge.”

mxlegend99

Referee
Didn't realise how solid this bloke looks.

Should he make 1st grade, he could hopefully fill in the void that Mansour has left in terms of return metres
He was unable to cement a spot in an average Bulldogs backline. But he looks a good player in reserve grade

But if Edwards and Mansour are gone for the season. Crichton and Philips are the best/only options we have.

Latest posts