What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Bazal

Post Whore
Really? The only plus Hoff and Auva'a you could be referring to is rucking it out, and even then that's only a weakness of French, not Taka. Unless you are referring to defence, in which case none of them are especially skilled

Hoff was a very solid defender in the centres at GC. I'd be giving him a shot when he's back, Taka and Auva'a have shown at various times they can be exploited badly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And vice versa. Auva'a isn't creative and Hoffman isn't fast.
Not being creative or exceptionally fast (Hoffman is fast enough for the wing) aren't weaknesses.
Really? The only plus Hoff and Auva'a you could be referring to is rucking it out, and even then that's only a weakness of French, not Taka. Unless you are referring to defence, in which case none of them are especially skilled
I'm not referring to any plus, I was talking about weaknesses. French has no go forward and Takairangi is a defensive liability. Hoffman and Auva'a are solid first graders in attack and defence. Auva'a has won a premiership (and played over 20 games that year so he wasn't a grand final ring in).

emjaycee

Coach
Not being creative or exceptionally fast (Hoffman is fast enough for the wing) aren't weaknesses.

I'm not referring to any plus, I was talking about weaknesses. French has no go forward and Takairangi is a defensive liability. Hoffman and Auva'a are solid first graders in attack and defence. Auva'a has won a premiership (and played over 20 games that year so he wasn't a grand final ring in).

French will be in the side you dickhead.

84 Baby

Referee

One players plus is another's weakness when compared head to head

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One players plus is another's weakness when compared head to head
I'm talking in absolute terms. Weak defenders are a liability, even when they're a key contributor in attack - like Maloney and Thurston. Just because they are Origin class playmakers doesn't stop them from being defensive liabilities.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It'll only cost us if he's playing on the wing, right? Because he should be playing fullback? You've turned into the whinging merkins you used to bag
He's hidden at fullback. He doesn't need to stop some outside back one-on-one on his tryline.

And even at fullback his lack of go forward is a liability. It puts a lot of pressure on the wingers.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm talking in absolute terms. Weak defenders are a liability, even when they're a key contributor in attack - like Maloney and Thurston. Just because they are Origin class playmakers doesn't stop them from being defensive liabilities.
He's hidden at fullback. He doesn't need to stop some outside back one-on-one on his tryline.

And even at fullback his lack of go forward is a liability. It puts a lot of pressure on the wingers.
Who f**king gives a shit

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well said. The merkin's just arguing to be controversial and he has softened his stance when MJC called him out. Save your breath.
Controversial? We had a winger making one run on the weekend. Just because we beat a brainless St George team unable to adapt to our changed defensive structure doesn't mean we won't get carved up going forward.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Controversial? We had a winger making one run on the weekend. Just because we beat a brainless St George team unable to adapt to our changed defensive structure doesn't mean we won't get carved up going forward.
You can cover for one of the back three being small and offering little rucking it out. Hell, we did it when French was at fullback so why is BA suddenly going to punt French to Wenty.

I think you just have to accept that BA disagrees with you on this one...like he did when you thought Guth and French would swap in attack during the St George game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can cover for one of the back three being small and offering little rucking it out. Hell, we did it when French was at fullback so why is BA suddenly going to punt French to Wenty.

I think you just have to accept that BA disagrees with you on this one...like he did when you thought Guth and French would swap in attack during the St George game.
BA knows the risks. He's got his own ideas about managing them. Let's see how we go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And turned back to how he started out here, complaining when people bagged him for whinging!
Who's complaining? I'm pointing out the negatives where everyone's gushing over the positives. I do likewise when everyone's doom and gloom. Then I get called a unicorn.

I also get told I agree with everything the club does. Some of you need a reminder that's not the case. I've been against Takairangi at centre ever since he came to the club too. Nobody's calling me a whinger for that. Is it because he's not a fan favourite (except when dopes thought he was responsible for all Radradra's tries)?