What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interchange Reduction From 8-6

English Rose

Juniors
Just wondering with potential the interchange reduction from 8-6 how will this affect Souths?

Do you think it is a good thing or a bad thing?

Souths have one of the biggest packs in the competition so could affect them in a negative way but on the plus side it should allow players like Cook, Walker and Johnson to flourish!

On another note I remember a lot of fans saying how Souths were paying Sam Burgess too much money? Well if this interchange reduction goes ahead Sam will look like a bargain as he is one of a very few forwards in the competition that can play at full intensity for 80 minutes which will be vital!

JetRider

Juniors
I remember when the interchange dropped to 8 our team struggled to adapt. It will definitely change the makeup of the bench with the likelihood of a fast smaller player included, which already happens. I think the twins will need to play more minutes and would like to see them start to increase their on field time.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Increasing the twins time on the field is a trap you don't want to fall into. A player like Fuifui Moimoi used to make a lot more metres in 40 minutes on the field than most players can make in 80 minutes. The twins are the same. If you make the twins play 60 minutes they won't make any more metres as they will be out of fuel in minutes 50 to 60 on the field and will be a big negative during those minutes

The trick would be to keep your interchanges for the twins mostly but make most of the other players do the 80 minutes

You want a mix of power players and endurance players in your 17. You don't want to blunt your power players by trying to make them into endurance players. Less interchanges means one less power player and one more endurance player perhaps but still keep your best power players on for short minutes so that their short stints are quality