Interesting story thread

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by gUt, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Smack

Smack First Grade

2. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

3. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

Poor turnout for at your relos funeral?

Hire a stripper:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-21/china-cracks-down-on-rural-funeral-strippers/9470238

cerberus and El Diablo like this.
  4. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

5. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

McDonald's is flipping its iconic arches upside down in an unprecedented statement

People driving by a McDonald's in Lynwood, California, might be baffled by an upside-down sign. The golden arches, typically standing as an M, have been flipped over to become a W.

But this isn't a bizarre prank or a careless mistake. The upside-down arches are in "celebration of women everywhere," a McDonald's representative told Business Insider in an email.

Patricia Williams, the location's franchisee, flipped her restaurant's sign in honour of International Women's Day on Thursday.

McDonald's says it will turn its logo upside down on all its digital channels, such as Twitter and Instagram, on Thursday, while 100 restaurants will have special "packaging, crew shirts and hats, and bag stuffers" to celebrate.

"In celebration of women everywhere, and for the first time in our brand history, we flipped our iconic arches for International Women's Day in honour of the extraordinary accomplishments of women everywhere and especially in our restaurants," McDonald's global chief diversity officer, Wendy Lewis, said in a statement.

Lewis continued: "From restaurant crew and management to our C-suite of senior leadership, women play invaluable roles at all levels, and together with our independent franchise owners, we're committed to their success."

Several brands, including Old Navy and Barbie, have debuted products to honour International Women's Day. Meanwhile, some companies - such as BrewDog, which rolled out what it said was a satirical "beer for girls" called Pink IPA - have been criticised for using the day to advertise to women in what some consider a reductive manner.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...tement/ar-BBJZbiU?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

WTF!

Women's equality has gone way past its intended target with all these "campaigns" such as #metoo. It has changed quickly but it is men who are becoming the oppressed.

6. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

f**king limp dicks like that make me sick

7. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Well its pretty close to the original inspiration for the design

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...s/news-story/967d09767c54c4a815d5add08b5b28ae

8. Smack

Smack First Grade

9. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

10. Smack

Smack First Grade

All you need is to be rich and you're set!

11. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

'Whitesplaining': MasterChef UK's take on rendang curry riles Southeast Asians
    AAP APRIL 05, 2018Judges on a popular British cooking show are being ridiculed for ignorance of Asian food after insisting a Malaysian contestant's chicken rendang curry should have been crispy.

Foodies in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia have taken to social media to vent at the critique of the Malaysian-born cook's traditional and standard method for preparing chicken rendang.

"The skin isn't crispy. It can't be eaten but all the sauce is on the skin I can't eat"; one of the MasterChef UK judges complained in a recent episode of the show.

Online, Southeast Asians pointed out that the chicken is cooked in curry sauce, not fried, and is never crispy. Some accused the judges of neo-colonial attitudes and racism.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak also chipped in, posting a photo of chicken rendang on Twitter and light-heartedly asking whether anyone has ever eaten a crispy chicken curry. Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman said the judges were guilty of "whitesplaining";

The contestant, Zaleha Kadir Olpin, was eliminated from the competition but took to Instagram to vow she'd never stop cooking the traditional way.

Her offending rendang was presented as part of Malaysia's national dish, nasi lemak, or rice cooked in coconut milk that comes with sides such as peanuts, spicy prawns and rendang.

The judges lavished praise on most of the ingredients but dismissed the non-crispy chicken rendang as a mistake

However the absurdity of the crispy curry saga has provided the neighbouring countries with a rare point of agreement.

The curry, which some suggest originates from West Sumatra in Indonesia, is popular in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and southern Thailand.

12. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

People starving to death, military regimes oppressing the people, homosexuals being heavily targeted, but no, let's get upset about a white merkin who criticised a dish.

13. Surely

Who listens to the retards anyway, there’s not enough seasoning, well put some more salt on it fatso.

14. cerberus

cerberus First Grade

vegita dude . gods gift to the barbecue

[​IMG]

15. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

A light breezy uplifting story ...

Man who claimed boss dubbed ‘Mr Stinky’ would ‘lift his bum and fart’ on him loses $1.8 million case

APRIL 11, 20185:29pm

Frank Chung
    news.com.au

A CONSTRUCTION firm employee who claimed his former supervisor would regularly “lift his bum and fart” on him has lost a $1.8 million compensation case.

David Hinsgt sued Construction Engineering, where he worked as an entry-level contract administrator between 2008 and 2009, for psychiatric and physical injuries allegedly suffered as a result of being bullied in the workplace.

After an 18-day trial in November before the Supreme Court of Victoria, Justice Rita Zammit last month dismissed the case, finding that even if the farting occurred it “would not necessarily amount to bullying”.

Mr Hingst claimed that former supervisor Greg Short “started farting” the day he returned to the head office and took a desk in the communal office space, and this progressed to the point where he would do it every day.

“Look, I don’t recall doing it, but I may have done it once or twice, maybe,” Mr Short told the court. “But I can’t recall. I don’t recall doing so, so I’m not flat out saying I didn’t or I did. I just can’t remember doing it. But if he alleges I did it.”

But Mr Short denied he was doing it “with the intention of distressing or harassing” Mr Hingst. “No, not at all, no,” he said. The court heard that the constant farting led Mr Hingst to spray deodorant on Mr Short and call him “Mr Stinky”.

Another former employee, Phillip Hamilton, told the court he recalled times Mr Hingst “got quite offended by some of the stuff that went on”.

“Obviously there were incidences where [Mr Short] had a propensity to walk over to the printer, which was next to me and I think [Mr Hingst] sat behind where the printer was and [Mr Short] would flatulate [sic], he would fart you know and that would happen quite frequently,” he said.

“I mean I would laugh it off or you know walk out or whatever. But I knew that [Mr Hingst] took quite offence to it and I — to be honest at the time I didn’t understand.

“But then obviously realising it was [Mr Hingst] being [of] German descent, whereas us Australians are sort of brought up you sort of accept it or think oh it’s just — that’s what happens. But [Mr Hingst] was always quite often offended when that happened.”

The core of Mr Hingst’s bullying case was that Mr Short, former supervisor Luke Pepperell and company director Simon Barker were engaged in a “conspiracy” to marginalise him and terminate his employment.

In particular, he claimed he had received a phone call five or six weeks before he was made redundant in which Mr Short abused him about his work performance, allegedly telling him he had “f**ked up”, he “kept f**king up”, he was “not worth s**” and that he was “not worth” his salary.

Mr Hingst claimed in the background he could hear “not a party but some sort of loud laughter” as if people were listening in to the conversation and finding it humorous.

The “flatulence incidents” were among a number of peripheral allegations that did not amount to bullying but “painted a picture of the working culture” at the company, according to Mr Hingst.

Among the alleged incidents include that during a Christmas lunch, Mr Short asked him if he was “gay” and called him an “idiot poofter”. He also claimed he was told his brewed coffee was “s**t”, and that he was excluded from being invited to the cafe with the others.

In throwing out the case, however, Justice Zammit found there was no evidence of bullying, describing Mr Hingst — who represented himself — as an “unreliable and unsatisfactory witness”.

“Mr Short did not bully or harass the plaintiff,” she said. “Nor did any other employee at the defendant company ... Mr Hamilton’s evidence was that there was some inappropriate behaviour in the office, including passing wind, but that it was ‘typical banter or mucking around’.

“He said that the plaintiff appeared offended by people passing wind. I do not accept the plaintiff’s evidence about the frequency of Mr Short’s flatulence in the office or that it was targeted at the plaintiff. I prefer Messrs Short and Hamilton’s account of this peripheral incident.

“It is difficult to see how Mr Short’s conduct could have intimidated or caused distress to the plaintiff. Indeed, on the plaintiff’s own evidence, had he not lost his job and been abused over the telephone the flatulence would ‘never have been a big issue’.”

Justice Zammit said Mr Hingst was “profoundly hurt by the loss of his employment” and “reacted in an extreme and unreasonable way”, leading him to “seek revenge against those whom he blames for his loss”.

“I am not persuaded that the plaintiff was bullied in the workplace. Nor am I persuaded that the defendant should have known that he was suffering from a depressive or stress-related condition and negligently failed to intervene.”

An unfair dismissal claim was “also without merit for the simple reason that it was a genuine redundancy and the deed of release was lawfully executed”, she said.

[email protected]

[​IMG]

16. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

How do you inflict physical injuries by farting?

This Greg Short character must pack quite a punch. Did David Hingst get blown across the office into a filing cabinet?

17. Surely

He may have had a case if it was a follow through

veggiepatch1959 likes this.
  18. gUt

gUt Coach

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...in-birth-in-wild-captured-in-mandurah/9652748

Dolphin birth delights Mandurah cruise passengers as rare video captured

Rare footage of a wild dolphin giving birth to a calf has been recorded south of Perth, offering a unique glimpse into the lives of the private mammals.

The birth surprised and delighted dolphin lovers at Mandurah estuary during a dolphin watching cruise.

Dolphin volunteer and rescuer Robyn Bickell saw the birth and said it was an emotional experience.

"It was very emotional — dolphins are like our little family here and so to witness a dolphin birth, it was truly an incredible experience for me," Ms Bickell said.

Ms Bickell said the mother had been closely watched by Mandurah Dolphin Rescue Group and researchers.

"She's definitely been observed, she's been very big and swimming alongside the boat — we did know she was pregnant," she said.

"To see this tiny little calf taking its first breath of life was just amazing and it's something I'm never going to forget. I feel very lucky."

Ms Bickell said she saw the dolphin jumping out of the water, rolling around and having contractions, but the tour boat was careful to keep a distance away.

"We didn't want to encroach on her at all, we kept quite a distance to stay back from her. She was in the shallow areas, we didn't want to affect the natural process," she said.

"The people on the boat gave off a loud cheer, clapping and cheering with excitement, so that was pretty special."

Rare recorded birth coincides with baby boom
    Murdoch University dolphin researcher Krista Nicolson said the recording of the birth on film was extremely valuable for scientists.

"It's actually only the second observed dolphin birth in the wild — there was another one that was recorded in South Carolina in the United States in 2013 — which is really, really exciting," Ms Nicolson said.

The newest arrival is also part of a dolphin baby boom, with the region welcoming 11 newborn dolphins, including six calves born in Mandurah Estuary, one in Dawesville Cut and four along the Mandurah coast.

"We've been able to observe the newly-born individuals quite well. This particular female spends a lot of time up on the rivers," Ms Nicolson said.

"When the calf is born we often observe them being in a group of other mums and calves, then the mum will teach the young the ways of life."

Mother linked to calf euthanased last year
    The adult dolphin is believed to be the mother of another baby dolphin which was euthanised last April after its mother was unable to be located.

"This is the third dolphin that I have observed that has lost their calf and then given birth exactly a year later," Ms Nicolson said.

"This calf is only three days off [to the year] from when her other calf was euthanised.

"It's really exciting that even though she lost the other calf that she has gotten pregnant again and had this calf."

The sex of the young calf is unknown, but it's been dubbed 'Pom Pom' by the crew on board the vessel.

Smack likes this.
  19. Smack

Smack First Grade

20. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

typical feminist