What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting very interesting

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another myth. Where are all these players in professional RL? Most of the Hull produced players end up at Championship level or lower. Very few make it to SL. One amateur club in Wigan produces more SL players than the whole of Hull does.

Its not because the kids in Hull aren't playing RL. In fact Id hazard a guess that number of U16's playing RL in Hull would be one of the biggest in the country. The issue seems to be the development systems are not in place to take the best kids and turn them into pro's. Neither Hull or Rovers have been very good in the last two decades in doing this, partly due to lack of funds, partly due to short sighted knee jerk squad building, partly due to relegation and partly because they don't have to.

And no, one amateur club doesn't produce more SL players, Wigan produce the SL players, the amateur club provides the kids to move into the Wigan development system.

There are about 20 Hull born players in the two Hull SL squads but should be more given the number of kids playing the game in the region. I don't think the joint academy is the answer as that is halving the opportunities, all be it maybe providing better quality with combined resources.

roughyedspud

Coach
I don't mind joint academies,in fact the should be encouraged,especially at championship,league 1 level..

Doncaster & Sheffield - south Yorkshire academy
Oldham,Rochdale & swinton - greater Manchester academy
Salford & Leigh - east lancs academy
Dewsbury & batley - sheepshaggers academy

And so on..

deluded pom?

Coach
I don't mind joint academies,in fact the should be encouraged,especially at championship,league 1 level..

Doncaster & Sheffield - south Yorkshire academy
Oldham,Rochdale & swinton - Six Fingers academy
Salford & Leigh - east lancs academy
Dewsbury & batley - sheepshaggers academy

And so on..
I see what you mean 'spud.

roughyedspud

Coach
ooh I see the edit...lol

Only Rochdale people have 6 fingers...and crossed eyes....and a aunty that's their sister and mother

Pommy

Coach
The only way RL gets bigger than Union in England is if there’s a credible international scene.
There’s plenty of people who are football fans but will watch the six nations etc,they don’t care about club union. Proper union fans are a lost cause.

Latest posts