What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International 9's

Perth Red

Post Whore
this nonsense comes up every bloody year and its getting really fxxking boring..singapore,dubai,hong kong the fxxking sychelles...fxxk off it'll be in the north or england..or at a push sydney..this happens every year..the story actually started a few days ago saying sydney might host it again.now singapore..see a pattern? it's gonna keep going west till it gets to wigan!

theres developing markets in our own countries that would be better...Perth or Cardiff,under the roof...or actual developing RL countries like canada or usa....

our administrators need to pull their fat heads out of their fat arses

Reality is it will come down to $'s. if Singapore or Dubai Govt throw money to get the event it will go there, if they don't the event will need to generate $'s from ticket sales which means within easy reach of hearltands. I hope it does go somewhere good so I can tag a holiday in, Singapore or Toronto would do nicely :)

Hong kongs first ever RL comp kicks off this year.

Shanghai 9's...get Ali Sports, Bank of China, whoever, to bankroll it. Sell it to the Shanghainese as a unique 'Once in a Lifetime' sporting event and they'll turn up. They packed the Mercedes Benz Arena here for f**king Pittbull.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Would be great to hear some developing news from the nrl about the 9's future, most likely won't hear anything until next year.

The Partisan

Well the 2014 Cmwlth RL9's were held a month before the Games so it is not that much of a drama in my opinion. Admittedly they were held in the host city Glasgow. (Article below)

Having a bit of an insight into the logistics behind the Games ....I'd say the GCCG organisers are quite happy to have an event elsewhere at a different time.

Redcliffe and surrounds will ensure healthy crowds for the event.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-29/png-beats-aus-in-rugby-commonwealth-championships/5558446

The Partisan

Correction....Article mentions North Larkinshire (?) ....which is roughly 30 mins away from Glasgow according to good old Google Maps ! 90 mins Gold Coast to Redcliffe .....ok in my books.