What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction to Anime

Pugzley

Lucky Star: An Anime about nothing.

[youtube]SvIx2kC8P2E[/youtube]

Initial D: Great series if your into cars.

[youtube]UERqKRbzf8Q[/youtube]

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just marathoning Attack on Titan now. I assume it's newer, and that's why nobody had recommended it.

If I really enjoy this style/theme, what would be a logical next step?

(Aside from reading the manga and getting blue balls waiting for the live action)

Parra Pride

Coach
Berserk?

[youtube]ZXjaTICqRf8[/youtube]

Could also try Fate/Zero. It's not really a similar theme/style, but it was fairly popular show that quite a lot of non-anime fans were able to get into, much like Attack on Titan.

Last edited:

Pugzley

Just marathoning Attack on Titan now. I assume it's newer, and that's why nobody had recommended it.

(Aside from reading the manga and getting blue balls waiting for the live action)

Anime with blood and gore:
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Seven
Ninja Scroll - The Movie/Series

Monsters attacking humanity:
Evangelion - New and the the rebooted series
Macross Saga
Dark Space movie

Dark themes:
Death Note
Maybe also Fullmetal Alchemist also.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mostly, I'm about a good story with some intriguing lore. I'm guessing Death Note and FMA stand out in that regard?

afinalsin666

First Grade

Bruh, it was one of three I recommended :lol:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Thoughts on Sword Art Online (SAO)?

Interesting concept fairly well executed. The first season should have been it, the second one seems laboured simply to cash in.

Watched something completely different a while ago. Beck - Mongolian chop squad.

Slice of life, music, coming of age.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Never really got into Anime, but just binged the shit outa Attack on Titan on Netflix... Show is feking kewlll.

Misanthrope

Staff member
After binging Attack on Titan late last year, I'm marathoning m SAO now.

As an MMORPG player, I enjoy it. It's a bit juvenile in its characterisation and plot, but not too bad.

Still looking for something more fantasy themed with an interesting mythology. Something like Spirited Away meets Pan's Labyrinth.

Does such a thing exist?

Pugzley

Some new anime for you Mis if you're interested:

Outbreak Company
Zipang
Gate: Thus the JSDF fought over there
Uppote
Infinite Stratos
MSG: Iron Blood Orphans

Latest posts