What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup 2016

Not a good day to be a Redcliffe supporter with both grades getting literally monstered by their respective opponents.

Colts could not withstand the power of the Wynnum Manly game and will play Easts ( who won in extra time over Norths ) in next weeks prelim final.

Burleigh's forwards really put it to Reddy in that first half. The two tries before half time were the killer and despite making a small comeback, a 28-0 deficit was always going to be far too difficult to reign in.

Stewbum

Juniors
Not a good day to be a Redcliffe supporter with both grades getting literally monstered by their respective opponents.

Colts could not withstand the power of the Wynnum Manly game and will play Easts ( who won in extra time over Norths ) in next weeks prelim final.

Burleigh's forwards really put it to Reddy in that first half. The two tries before half time were the killer and despite making a small comeback, a 28-0 deficit was always going to be far too difficult to reign in.

It was an unpleasant occasion to inadvertently choose seats in directly in front of and behind the Burleigh players' de factos and illegitimate offspring let me tell you. I did give the refs one of my loudest and most prolonged sprays in over 20 years though to the horror of my wife. That grandstand is a natural amphitheatre to a one-time punk rock vocalist. Whomever that jackass with the whistle was, he knows he is a jackass now if he didn't before.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Can't believe that someone would act in such a way towards Rugby League officialdom. Next thing someone will be getting up the touchies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ISC Results

Minor Semi Final
Townsville Blackhawks 10 Sunshine Coast Falcons 18

Venue: Jack Manski Oval
Date: Saturday 10 September 2016 at 4:00pm

Townsville Blackhawks (10)
Tries: Delouise Hoeter, Michael Parker-Walshe
Goals: Matt Bowen 1

Sunshine Coast Falcons (18)
Tries: Ryan Morgan 3, Jye Ballinger
Goals: Joe Stimson 1

Major Semi Final
Redcliffe Dolphins 24 Burleigh Bears 40

Venue: Dolphin Oval
Date: Sunday 11 September 2016 at 1:40pm

Redcliffe Dolphins (24)
Tries: Jack Ahearn, Brandon Lee, Zach Strasser, Josh Beehag
Goals: Darren Nicholls 4

Burleigh Bears (40)
Tries: Connor Broadhurst 2, Pat Politoni, Pat Vaivai, Kurtis Rowe, Josh Ailaomai, Waka Wanahi
Goals: Jamal Fogarty 6

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29224-results-2016-intrust-super-cup-finals-wk-2/

Week 3 - Preliminary Final (18 September)
Loser Major SF v Winner Minor SF
Redcliffe Dolphins v Sunshine Coast Falcons
Dolphin Oval, Sunday, 2:30pm

2016 Intrust Super Cup Grand Final (25 September)
Winner Major Semi Final v Winner Preliminary Final
Burleigh Bears v Dolphins or Falcons
Suncorp Stadium, Sunday, 3:55pm

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29206-finals-football-september-16-18/

Stewbum

Juniors
Only a fellow of low moral standards would do such a thing. We did comment on their plight, but in a quiet and reflective conversation only. How four officials closer than I could not see what was clearly a two-man strip and consequently no-try is quite beyond my ability to comprehend. My 11yo daughter suggested that the video referee who overturned it be promoted to next year's State Of Origin.

Who was that by the way?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
FOGS Colts results

Minor Semi Final
Easts Tigers 26 Norths Devils 22

Date: Sunday 11 September 2016 at 10:00am

Easts Tigers (26)
Tries: Kyle Jones, Connor Jones 2, Lachlan Foulds, Frank Fualema
Goals: Matt Richards 3

Norths Devils (22)
Tries: Regan Glynn, Kalemb Hart, Villy Valu, Jack Mackin
Goals: Jack Miers 3

Major Semi Final
Wynnum Manly Seagulls 40 Redcliffe Dolphins 12

Date: Sunday 11 September 2016 at 11:30am

Wynnum Manly Seagulls (40)
Tries: Aaron Booth 3, Cameron Torpy, Tumoana Halkyard, Joe Burchell, William Toloi
Goals: Brayden Josephs 3, Aaron Booth 3

Redcliffe Dolphins (12)
Tries: William Partridge, Agassi Stowers
Goals: Bailey Rogers 2

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29223-results-2016-fogs-colts-challenge-finals-wk-2/

Week 3 - Preliminary Final (18 September)
Loser Major SF v Winner Minor SF
Redcliffe Dolpins v Easts Tigers
Dolphin Oval, Sunday, 12:30pm

2016 FOGS Colts Challenge Grand Final (25 September)
Winner Major Semi Final v Winner Preliminary Final
Wynnum-Manly Seagulls v Dolphins or Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Sunday, 1:45pm

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29206-finals-football-september-16-18/

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Only a fellow of low moral standards would do such a thing. We did comment on their plight, but in a quiet and reflective conversation only. How four officials closer than I could not see what was clearly a two-man strip and consequently no-try is quite beyond my ability to comprehend. My 11yo daughter suggested that the video referee who overturned it be promoted to next year's State Of Origin.

Who was that by the way?

There used to be a bloke in front of the canteen at Kougari wearing a sun visor with a beer company logo on it.

He's been holding out for an appointment to the match review committee.

Stewbum

Juniors
There used to be a bloke in front of the canteen at Kougari wearing a sun visor with a beer company logo on it.

He's been holding out for an appointment to the match review committee.
Think I may have seen him once or twice. I went straight for the steak burgers and gave him a wide berth.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Easts have signed Conor Carey (Blackhawks) Jack Svendsen (Pride) & Gerrard McCallum (NSW Massey Cup).

Looks like a overhaul at Easts

XXXX Cap

Juniors
A huge number of signings at Easts ! There's something new.

Are they holding a celebration for the 25th anniversary of their last premiership ?

Wynnum aren't overly successful but have managed to win three in that time.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Think they might be taking a page out of the redcliffe play book and seeing if they can pay for a title contending team.

Speaking of Wynnum, i hear Billy Walters has been linked to partner Travis Burns in the halves for next year. Any one else hear these rumours

expansionist

Juniors
Easts need an overhaul - certainly in terms of culture, style and general sort of approach to the game. Dane Hogan leaving is a good signal of that - hopefully it will end the era of crap negative style niggling play and finally play some open rugby.

The other thing that Easts needs is some faith and consistency in the players theyve got. The different 1,6,7,9, 13 combinations through the season changed each game.

Further to an overhaul of their playing style, To me as a humble speccie the best attacking players were often not picked or picked out of position.

My favourite player for whatever reason saw only limited time this year, but I dont understand why as every game he plays and whenever he has the ball in his hand he troubles the opposition..

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Easts need an overhaul - certainly in terms of culture, style and general sort of approach to the game. Dane Hogan leaving is a good signal of that - hopefully it will end the era of crap negative style niggling play and finally play some open rugby.

The other thing that Easts needs is some faith and consistency in the players theyve got. The different 1,6,7,9, 13 combinations through the season changed each game.

Further to an overhaul of their playing style, To me as a humble speccie the best attacking players were often not picked or picked out of position.

My favourite player for whatever reason saw only limited time this year, but I dont understand why as every game he plays and whenever he has the ball in his hand he troubles the opposition..

Having an association with Melbourne does that to a club. Easts didnt know if Young Tounimapea was flying up for their semi final against townsville till saturday night at 11pm. sometimes these nrl contracted players never get to train with the team for the week and are expected to perform on game day. This was proven when Tounimapea was terrible against the blackhawks

expansionist

Juniors
Having an association with Melbourne does that to a club. Easts didnt know if Young Tounimapea was flying up for their semi final against townsville till saturday night at 11pm. sometimes these nrl contracted players never get to train with the team for the week and are expected to perform on game day. This was proven when Tounimapea was terrible against the blackhawks

Yeah fair enough.. but in saying that, I would suggest that the 6,7,13 positions have not been the ones (in many cases) with returning Melbs players - and yet have seen massive changes.

Theyve changed 9's a couple of times, and differing FB's each week.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Yeah fair enough.. but in saying that, I would suggest that the 6,7,13 positions have not been the ones (in many cases) with returning Melbs players - and yet have seen massive changes.

I think they need a more experienced half to pair with either croft or walters. seemed to crumble in the big games this year and the semi final proved that you could rattle them with tiny bit of pressure

Stewbum

Juniors

You're very reasonable for an Easts supporter.

Time for eftpos at the gate don't you reckon? Walking into that club for a teller machine is like having a finger poked in your eye.

Latest posts