What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup (ISC) on channel 9 in 2012

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Not happy about this at all. Bad decision! If it ain't broke; don't fix it!!

Clashes with the Sunday 2PM NRL and going to miss the Saturday afternoon games with Boland, Wright and the crew.... :(

Yep, not so good. They'll probably ditch it after one year or start showing it at 1am and once the ABC stops showing it there's no guarantee they will ever start again if/when Nein stops showing it. With no NRL on Saturday arvos the Q Cup was at least something for RL fans to watch north of the border. Now there is no RL at that time at all.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The ABC have never really wanted it in recent years. They indicated last year they would be reviewing their coverage of local sport which would obviously concern the QRL. The ABC had already got rid of their Bowls coverage and the Qld Cup was the next to go.

Packy

Bench
Yeah I have seen a few adds at different times.

I was surprised at the coverage. I really enjoyed it. Voss added polish to it and even though the facilities are less than what he is used to, he really put the effort in.

Camera work and sound were better than ABC too.

hellteam

First Grade
Great to see the big crowd there at Wynnum too, and what a game.

Makes such a difference being able to watch it live on TV, in opposition to the following NRL game which seems to be 60% ads 40% footy.

Noa

First Grade
Sean Loxley looks like he's bulked up a fair bit since NYC last year. Good talent who'll get his shot if he keeps that form up.

hellteam

First Grade
I heard 80% increase on ABC figures last year.... not sure what that means in real numbers though.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bad decision by the QRL. And why would they commit to Channel 9 if they (hopefully) won't be doing the NRL next year? Seems strange.

Also, ABC are about to comence NATIONAL coverage of AFL in Vic, SA, WA and Club Rugby in NSW this year on ABC1 - albeit a delayed replay at 3am during the week (still live coverage locally).

The QRL has missed out on national coveage on ABC1! Fans living outside Queensland would have got the change to record the game and watch it.

I hate Channel 9 but if they are to continue to do the Quereland Cup then I hope they will also do likewise for the NSW Cup.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didnt see the usual replay on Fox today, bit disappointing, I usually watch the game. Have the given it the flick on Fox?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bad decision by the QRL. And why would they commit to Channel 9 if they (hopefully) won't be doing the NRL next year? Seems strange.

Also, ABC are about to comence NATIONAL coverage of AFL in Vic, SA, WA and Club Rugby in NSW this year on ABC1 - albeit a delayed replay at 3am during the week (still live coverage locally).

The QRL has missed out on national coveage on ABC1! Fans living outside Queensland would have got the change to record the game and watch it.

I hate Channel 9 but if they are to continue to do the Quereland Cup then I hope they will also do likewise for the NSW Cup.

The ABC coverage had become a year by year proposition. The ABC had been close to dropping it in recent years, the Bowls coverage has gone and the Queensland Cup was next in line if the budget got any tighter.

Given the circumstances, it is a gamble well worth taking going to 9, a bigger and wider audience and far better bang for the buck for the club and competition sponsors.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
The ABC coverage had become a year by year proposition. The ABC had been close to dropping it in recent years, the Bowls coverage has gone and the Queensland Cup was next in line if the budget got any tighter.

Given the circumstances, it is a gamble well worth taking going to 9, a bigger and wider audience and far better bang for the buck for the club and competition sponsors.

So why hasn't the AFL or club Rugby been dropped yet? Why only Rugby League?

Latest posts