What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investec Super 14 Round 2:: Fri :: Western Force 16 v Cheetahs 10 @ Subiaco Oval

Investec Super 14 Round 2 :: Western Force v Cheetahs

• Western Force

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Cheetahs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
0,5001,6473642,00.jpg
VS
0,5001,6474459,00.jpg

Western Force
:

Cameron Shepherd, Nick Cummins, Ryan Cross, James O'Connor, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Josh Valentine, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Tamaiti Horua, Nathan Sharpe (c), Pat O'Connor, Ben Castle, Tai McIsaac, Gareth Hardy. Replacements: Luke Holmes, Kieren Longbottom, Tom Hockings, Matt Hodgson, Chris O'Young, Josh Tatupu, Scott Staniforth.

Cheetahs:

Hennie Daniller; Fabian Juries, Piet van Zyl, Jacques-Louis Potgieter, Danwel Demas; Meyer Bosman, Tewis de Bruyn; Frans Viljoen, Juan Smith (capt), Heinrich Brüssow, David de Villiers, Nico Breedt, Bees Roux, Adriaan Strauss, Wian du Preez. Replacements: Richardt Strauss, Kobus Calldo, Wayne van Heerden, Hendro Scholtz, Sarel Pretorius, Bjorn Basson, Hanno Coetzee.​

Referee:

Available Friday​

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Western Force ring in the changes for the match against the Cheetahs

February 18, 2009
WESTERN Force coach John Mitchell has made seven changes to the side which began their Super 14 campaign with a disappointing loss to the Blues last Friday.

Five of the changes are to the starting side as Force seek to get their season on track following the 25-19 loss to the Auckland-based side at Subiaco Oval.

Force play South African side the Cheetahs at Subiaco on Friday.

Australia tourist James O'Connor, 18, has been promoted to the starting side at inside-centre, where he will partner Ryan Cross if the former NRL star overcomes a badly bruised shoulder.

New signings Ben Castle and Josh Valentine will make their first Super 14 appearances for the Perth side, with prop Castle recovering from a neck injury and half-back Valentine a minor hamstring strain.

Castle, who has played 42 Super rugby games with New Zealand outfit the Chiefs, is Force's marquee signing for 2009.

Former Wallabies player Scott Staniforth, Cross's likely replacement if needed, has been named on the bench after a long-term knee injury.

"The boys were very disappointed in their performance last Friday and are very much looking forward to the opportunity to turn things around this weekend," Mitchell said.

"There were some positives from the performance but we certainly need better finishing and need to maintain our physicality throughout the contest."

Force have won all three clashes with the Bloemfontein-based Cheetahs since both sides entered the competition in 2006.

clicky

Alehana

Juniors
The name says it all, Cheetahs, or cheaters, the only way they can win this one is by living up to their name, be wierd seeing Castle run out for an Aus team, see how Oconnor goes, i always see him out and hes not that big, so small in height, wonder how he survives. Who is Nick Cummings?? why is he there? put Standiforth in, Mitch ur a wierd coach.

anyway i'll be at this match, hoping to see a force win, and i'll be expecting it.

Johns Magic

Referee
If the Force don't win here then you'd have to start asking some questions.

Better looking side than last week.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:

Ref: Too many on the ground here Juan
Juan Smith: I know, I f**king told them

aussies1st

Staff member
Force still looking out of sorts, Mitchell was good at fullback, O'Connor try was nicely setup by Giteau but other than that both had quiet games. Podock continues improve and Brown is continuing his form from last season.

lockyno1

Post Whore
On a side note, I though Josh Valentine had an awesome game, probably his best game since he left the Reds imo.

Alehana

Juniors
Nick Cummings was 11, the perth paper blasted the force this morning, obviously an afl reporter who was 'stuck' with the union this year,

anyway to the game

the crowd was shocking, i was at the game and it looked about 1/8th full, unitl the force start winning (which they did) and we move to a rectangluar stadium the numbers will continue to fall

cant remember much of the game tbh, oday at uni was that day, and well u know the rest.

but oconnor's try was good, the kicking game was poor at times, anyway hopfully the force can continue this run and win in canberra next week

btw giteau is going back to act next year.

Parra Guru

Coach
I can't believe this guy has escaped a mention so far:

Danwel Demas :clap:

Makes Manu Vatuvei look like Mark Waugh in the slips!