What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investec Super 14 Round 3:: Sat :: Brumbies v Western Force at Canberra Stadium

Investec Super 14 Round 3:: Sat :: Brumbies v Western Force at Canberra Stadium

• Brumbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Force

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
0,5001,6473644,00.jpg
VS
0,5001,6473642,00.jpg

BRUMBIES:

Mark Gerrard; Clyde Rathbone, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stirling Mortlock, Francis Fainifo; Christian Lealiifano, Patrick Phibbs; Stephen Hoiles (captain), George Smith, Julian Salvi; Mark Chisholm, Ben Hand; Guy Shepherdson, Stephen Moore, Nic Henderson. Replavements: John Ulugia, Ben Alexander, Sitaleki Timani, Peter Kimlin, Josh Holmes, Matt Toomua, Tyrone Smith.

FORCE:

Drew Mitchell; Cameron Shepherd, Ryan Cross, Junior Pelesasa, Nick Cummins' Matt Giteau, Josh Valentine; Richard Brown, David Pocock, Matt Hodgson; Nathan Sharpe (captain), Tom Hockings; Ben Castle, Tai McIsaac, Pek Cowan. Replacements: Luke Holmes, Kieran Longbottom, Richard Stanford, Tamaiti Horua, Chris O'Young, James O'Connor, Haig Sare.

skeepe

Immortal
That was the biggest hatchet job I've seen from a referee in a long, long time.

1. The first try to the Force, Drew Mitchell deliberately changed his path to block Clyde Rathbone, first stopping him getting near Shephard, then taking him out completely. What it should have been: Penalty Brumbies.

2. The second try to the Force, the final pass travelled 5 metres forward. What it should have been: Scrum Brumbies.

3. The third try to the Force, Brown lost control of the ball, it went forward into Fainifo. What happened next is irrelevant (although he was clearly held up anyway). What it should have been: Scrum Brumbies.

4. Not sin-binning Brown for his constant head high tackles.

5. Not sin-binning Hodgson for consistently giving away ruck penalties - I counted 5 I think.

6. Not sin-binning a Force prop for the blatant attempts at collapsing the Brumbies scrum.

The only good call all night was the penalty try, although you could definately say it should have come the scrum earlier.

Congratulations Matt Goddard, you are officially the worst referee in world rugby. How much did the Force pay this pansy merkin?

Referee assisted Force score: 25. What it should have been if all decisions were made correctly: 8.

lockyno1

Post Whore

1. The first try to the Force, Drew Mitchell deliberately changed his path to block Clyde Rathbone, first stopping him getting near Shephard, then taking him out completely. What it should have been: Penalty Brumbies.

2. The second try to the Force, the final pass travelled 5 metres forward. What it should have been: Scrum Brumbies.

3. The third try to the Force, Brown lost control of the ball, it went forward into Fainifo. What happened next is irrelevant (although he was clearly held up anyway). What it should have been: Scrum Brumbies.

5. Not sin-binning Hodgson for consistently giving away ruck penalties - I counted 5 I think.

6. Not sin-binning a Force prop for the blatant attempts at collapsing the Brumbies scrum.

The only good call all night was the penalty try, although you could definately say it should have come the scrum earlier.

Congratulations Matt Goddard, you are officially the worst referee in world rugby. How much did the Force pay this pansy merkin?

Referee assisted Force score: 25. What it should have been if all decisions were made correctly: 8.

1) Not even close, Rathbone was never going to get there and in fact both players were at fault. Play on.

2) Was a 50/50 call, I thought it left the hands backwards, so I would have allowed it.

3) Would not have awarded the try as you are using what might have happened, but it was not a knock on. Scrum Force 5m out.

4) What about Mortlock's blatant shoulder charge...

5) Smith was just as bad, don't see you complaining.

6) Both scrums were at fault, Canberra Stadium is hard for good scrummaging!

skeepe

Immortal
I should have mentioned that despite my problems with the refereeing, the Force were clearly the best team on the night and deserved their win.

Just frustrated at seeing such a listless performance from the Brumbies, especially at home.

griffo346

First Grade

Skeepe you really love a whinge dont you FFS

aussies1st

Staff member
Forget the ref that Lealiifano sucks! Things can only go up when he is replaced at 10. Also the mobile forward pack isn't get the yardage we need add in Kimlin and Timani to the starting side and scrap Mortlock and AAC as the centres both are going crap.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Forget the ref that Lealiifano sucks! Things can only go up when he is replaced at 10. Also the mobile forward pack isn't get the yardage we need add in Kimlin and Timani to the starting side and scrap Mortlock and AAC as the centres both are going crap.

Ashley Cooper should be fullback, he is not a centre and never has been. Since when did the Brumbies decide Mortlock the biggest ball hog in rugby was going to be a good no12? Dumb move, Laurie Fisher would not have even done that! I agree on the no10..lucky Giteau is there next year and Phibbs is just as bad!

skeepe

Immortal

Lealiifano's a great player when he's got confidence... but it seems that's something that hasn't been with him at all this season.

The backs are too flat, meaning the defence are in their faces as soon as they receive the ball. They need to get deeper and show a little more variation.

Also need Josh Holmes on from the outset, Phibbs is rubbish.

Parra

Referee
Lealiifano's a great player when he's got confidence... but it seems that's something that hasn't been with him at all this season.

The backs are too flat, meaning the defence are in their faces as soon as they receive the ball. They need to get deeper and show a little more variation.

Lealiifano's kicking game is poor at the moment. Apart from Gerrard, the Brumbies kicking game as a whole is pretty bad. I agree with needing Holmes on from the outset. I can't see why you'd take him off either.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Lealilifano will be kept this season as you don't have another option although I'd be temped to try Gerrad at 10 with AAK at 15 and see how it goes. The backs are too flat as Mortlock is not a 12, the backline basically goes from your 12 and if your 12 is a 13 you have issues. I agree on Holmes, Phibbs is terrible

aussies1st

Staff member
Lealilifano has never had a kicking game the big problem is he isn't leading the backs around. I would give Toomura a shot, he was revving up the boys when he came on and his kicking looks good.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Disagree, he did nothing to impress me whatsoever. Defence is a big issue with him from what I have seen as well. Brumbies could do a lot worse than play Gerrard at 10 and AAK at 15 imo and please put Mortlock back to 13.

skeepe

Immortal
All I can say is Phibbs must be the hardest training halfback in Australian rugby. He's certainly the luckiest - first he keeps the infinitely more talented Luke Burgess out as Gregan's understudy, and now keeps Josh Holmes on the bench. It's madness.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You sure Laurie Fisher is not still there..it sounds a "Fisher plan"..Phibbs is terrible no two ways about it, hell you can bag Sheehan and I do myself but he is 100 times better than Phibbs!

Latest posts