What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone APPs

Dogs Of War

Coach
GTA:Chinatown Wars
Angry Birds
Space Invaders: Infinity Gene
Mr Driller
Dark Chronicles
TNA Wrestling
Jetcar Stunts

Just ones I have installed, though I have plenty bookmarked as well so if they come on sale, or I want somethign new, I already have a list of things to buy. Create an account and then it's easy to be alerted when a game is on sale (I have it email me automatically).

http://appshopper.com/games/prices

Awesome for reviews, and highlights games that are good on sale...
http://toucharcade.com/

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Spinfast Cricket is a great game (in the Itunes Store its called "Cricket Game")

Deluxe Pocket Tanks is awesome

Tap Tap Revenge is wicked

Minigore is hectic

Doodle Jump is addictive

Lets Golf is pretty fun

Facebook app is a necessity,

Flapper

First Grade
Labryinth 2 and Doodle Jump will be the death of me. f**king addictive as sh*t, but totally awesome.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ok, still buying iphone games by the bucketload. These games I consider essential for any collection (adding to my first post in this thread)

Baseball Superstars 2010 - This game is crack. Honestly cannot stop playing this.
Zenonia 2 - For those who love to level up. Made by the same company who made Baseball Superstars
Redux - Think Res
Zen Bound - Such a simple game, yet so addictive. You just wrap a piece of string around a block of wood, sounds simple doesn't it.
Plants vs Zombies - yeah this is available on all platforms, but having this game portable is just great.
Peggle - Another popcap game, so addictive trying to hit all the orange blocks. And so many levels.
Space Miner - A decent asteriods game wrapped around a good plot. Definatly will have you hooked.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I have been playing Plants vs. Zombies to death lately. Very cool.

I also enjoy Zombie Farm and WeRule, although they're both long term kind of games. Recently downloaded Underworlds but haven't had much of a chance to play it yet. Looks like Diablo.

effnic

Bench
Plants vs zombies is the best game ever. Peggle is crazy addictive and zombie farm is fun. Im still waiting for zombie smash to be cracked it looks awesome. Tunein radio is sweet for listening to footy games on abc and 2gb. 5-0 radio is sweet (police scanner). Cartoon wars gunner is sick. Street fighter IV has great graphics and gameplay.

Carnifex

Juniors
yeah i got tune in radio its good...altho wehn you exit the app the radio stops playing....like sometimes il be listening to the radio and want to check facebook or my txt messages and it stops the radio :(

Zombie smash is heaps addictive! but the hard levels are really hard...got to leavel 25 no prob but impossible after that.

effnic

Bench
yeah i got tune in radio its good...altho wehn you exit the app the radio stops playing....like sometimes il be listening to the radio and want to check facebook or my txt messages and it stops the radio :(

Zombie smash is heaps addictive! but the hard levels are really hard...got to leavel 25 no prob but impossible after that.

What you need to do is when your in the radio app or any app for that matter hold down the home button till a message pops up saying background enabled then you can do whatever u want with the app still running in the background. Holding down the home button again will disable the app once your done with it.

effnic

Bench
I honestly dont get the big thing with doodle jump, i enjoyed it for a good 5 mins then its just got so boring.

Jono078

Referee
Backbreaker Lite - NFL kinda game, but just kick returns with tacklers running at you, fun with ragdoll like physics and good graphics.
Field Goal - Fun free game where you just kick conversions with an NFL ball, you can get a Rugby version too for a dollar.

I havn't got many games, mainly just social stuff like Twitter, Facebook, Justin TV, Messenger etc

effnic

Bench
Backbreaker Lite - NFL kinda game, but just kick returns with tacklers running at you, fun with ragdoll like physics and good graphics.
Field Goal - Fun free game where you just kick conversions with an NFL ball, you can get a Rugby version too for a dollar.

I havn't got many games, mainly just social stuff like Twitter, Facebook, Justin TV, Messenger etc

You cheap unjailbroken bastard lol

Didgi

What you need to do is when your in the radio app or any app for that matter hold down the home button till a message pops up saying background enabled then you can do whatever u want with the app still running in the background. Holding down the home button again will disable the app once your done with it.

:? Didn't work for me. I've got this app and want to be able to play in the background as well.

Edit: nevermind. You have to be jailbroken?

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
I think so, I tried the same thing and it just came up as voice control. Is jailbreaking the thing worth it?

Didgi

For an iPhone? I'm not going to think about jailbreaking mine for another year (warranty) and I probably wont but i'll definitely look more into it.

You have a 3GS going on the VC? I have a 3G, I dont think there's as much advantage (OS + functionality wise, theres still free apps) to JB a 3GS as there is to a 3G.

There's all sorts of advantages and disadvantages, google 'pros and cons iphone jailbreak' or something similar before making a decision. It depends on your warranty and carrier settings as well.

effnic

Bench
:? Didn't work for me. I've got this app and want to be able to play in the background as well.

Edit: nevermind. You have to be jailbroken?

Woops sorry i actually wasnt sure if it was for jailbroken phones only, i just did some research and it looks that way.

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-backgrounder/wiki/Documentation

Flapper said:
I think so, I tried the same thing and it just came up as voice control. Is jailbreaking the thing worth it?

I absolutly hated the iphone when it came out, it was missing so many things but now with the jailbreaking it is the best phone in the world. Mine is only a 3g but 3gs have made many great changes that have brought it closer to the jailbroken 3g but still not better imo.

Last edited by a moderator: