What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is BARRETT really needed???

cam_88

Juniors
Even though he is an australian five eight every time he gets injured we seem to do better!!

Deadset how good did we go as soon as he limped of on Sunday? I don't think it's necessarily his fault, maybe the other players just look to him too much when he's out there and we lose a lot of our attacking variety.

Either that or he's got bad chi.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It depends. Last Sunday we were discussing the possibility of the NRL introducing the Olympics' indoor volleyball rule & employing The Face as a Libero.

This would enable Santa to wear a different coloured jersey, say, um, Sky Blue, and then we might see some quality play from him...

Cheers,
Ben S.

hotsnow

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
It depends. Last Sunday we were discussing the possibility of the NRL introducing the Olympics' indoor volleyball rule & employing The Face as a Libero.

This would enable Santa to wear a different coloured jersey, say, um, Sky Blue, and then we might see some quality play from him...

Cheers,
Ben S.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SHD

Juniors
Maybe before we call for his head we should look at our Win/Loss with and without him, then say he's not needed. He's had 3 average games, seems to make everyone forget how well he went earlier in the season.

Southernsaint

Staff member
SHD said:
Maybe before we call for his head we should look at our Win/Loss with and without him, then say he's not needed. He's had 3 average games, seems to make everyone forget how well he went earlier in the season.

The win / loss ratio with & without Santa AKA The Face is approximately 50%

Cheers,
Ben S.

SHD

Juniors
Don't approximate, take a look at it. Games where he played less than a half, consider without i'd say.

SHD

Juniors
Oh, why is he AKA Santa? The face bit i can guess, because he's just so damn handsome.

SHD

Juniors
14 With Barrett for 11 wins and 3 losses.
10 Without Barrett for 3 wins and 7 losses

Saso

Juniors
SHD said:
There you go......like it or not, we need baz to win the premiership.

Southernsaint

Staff member
SHD said:
Oh, why is he AKA Santa? The face bit i can guess, because he's just so damn handsome.

LOL, he's The Face because he is The Face Of Rugby League, not necessarily its best player. He is also known as Santa because he wears Red & White & we see him once a year...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
SHD said:

I'm talking career - since 1999 when we've had to let go plenty of talented players to keep Face's large salary & won nothing.

I hope this year changes that, but...

Cheers,
Ben S.

SHD

Juniors
Fair enough
I'm too much of a Barrett fan to go thinking poorly of him, so excuse me :)

HAhahahaha... Oh... i should've figured the santa bit for myself....hahahah i love it.

borat

Bench
SHD said:

I think these figures are spot on. I know that two of the wins we had without Barrett were against the warriors and parra. We also lost to the broncos when Barrett only played 1/2 a game.

Barrett is a very important player I don't think we can go very far without him. The problem I think is that I don't think Head and Barrett combine very well. Barrett seems to take over and Head isn't quite sure what his role is. As soon as Barrett is off the field Head takes over completely and we look more organised but maybe less effective in attack.

I hope they both hit top form for the finals though.

i just think poor baz cant handle pressure... seriously u cant say he played bad against Manly in the first half... he just cant really handle the pressure that every1 puts on him... Head has been most excellent since baz has come back coz that pressure is slightly less on him...
But as a dragons supporter u still have a real love hate relationship with him...

Latest posts