What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Cronulla the least marketable side of the competition?

dimitri

First Grade
Jimbo said:
You also think having a c*ck in your arse is a great concept.

I've made up my own mind about Super League

your small mind thinks super greed was a great idea

:lol:

carcharias

Immortal
Toilet boy wrote:
yeah great concept
kill rugby league in WA, SA, Gold Coast,
kill the international game
contract the game beyone belief
only put games on foxtel
take money out of the game and give it to news ltd
create a rival competition so nobody will support league
great concept - only in the mind of a shire inbred

Ye of little memory.

Superleague had
Perth
Canberra
Brisbane
Cronulla
Canterbury
Adelaide
Hunter
Penrith
North Queensland
Auckland Warriors
So there goes your futile comment of killing the game in WA and SA on the Gold coast front SL had two Qld based teams.
SL did more for the international game than Arko and his Manly supporting cheating buddies ever did.
You must have forgotten the World club challenge with the Pommies...it may not have been a great success but it was an attempt to make the game more recognised overseas.

Only put games on Foxtel??????

I didn't have Fox and I saw heaps of games free to air.
Once again Dimitri you have proven your true place in the universe as a complete idiot.

dimitri said:
Jimbo said:
The end definitely justified the means.

We survived in our own right, and helped kill off St George in the process.

Super League - what a concept!!

:clap:

yeah great concept

only put games on foxtel

:lol:

Super League was brilliant
They should bring it back

Long live the free market and long live the Murdochs.

et

Juniors
On marketing, there's a big Sharks billboard on the Cooks River coming south from the Airport Tunnel - something like "Get to the game and scream Sharks that's my team!" It's got that kid in the Sharks hat on it and it looks more like an NRL billboard than a Cronulla one. Interesting placement.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
spacemanspiff said:
The Sharks brand is a strong brand, It's just poorly managed outside the Shire (and probably inside the shire judging by comments in this thread and others)

This thread seems to have merged the concept of Marketable and Media friendly, I'd suggest that the Sharks are both Marketable and Media friendly. Just judging from what I've seen, there seems to be a lack of any long term media planning at the Sharks. Most of the stories we generate seem to be the usual opportunist stuff. Proper media planning is half the battle in ensuring our Marketing efforts are effective. The more the Sharks brand is recognised in the media the better foundations for building a solid marketing platform. The ideas of Sharks boardies and so on arent bad ideas - it just has to part of a long-term plan to build the sharks brand. And yes - the success of the club will always come back to the paddock, but we should be in a stronger position to capitalise financially on our future success.

Quite alot of the Shark Attack mag was aimed at why we are marketing in Perth, on the CC, with Newtown etc.
Alot of it was about raising our profile in those areas to increase our state and national marketability.
I think their are some good initiatives going on there(in footy devlt. and marketing).

Relocation was rubished(and I think rightly).
What seems to be happening here is we are increasing our coverage while strengthening our home base with the proposed redevelopment.

I have read the sceptics time and again here on the development plans but firmly believe they will go forward sooner rather than later.

Cathy Freeman as our No. 1 is also a huge marketing coup. Name any large company in the country that wouldn't want their name linked even periferally with hers.

We can, and I fervently hope, will, do better at attracting people to Shark park to watch the footy. Certainly(as one of the 6000 rain hail or shine supporters) the atmosphere is quieter than it was a few years ago, but that will change if we can win MORE THAN 4 FURKING HOME GAMES this year.

This is an exciting time for the club, all we have to do is kick arse on the field and stay cool off it.

Surely

Post Whore
dimitri said:
ShireKing said:
sharks are always trying to grab fans from anywhere

That's a good thing, and regardless at least they didnt need to pander to a bunch of south coast hicks to survive.

7 "home" games in Wollongong - OH YEAH!

we sured up our future in a respectable and dignified manner

at least we didnt need to pander to a bunch of super league scum to survive

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you shore about that dimwit

dimitri

First Grade
carcharias said:
Toilet boy wrote:
yeah great concept
only put games on foxtel

Ye of little memory.

Superleague had
Perth
Canberra
Brisbane
Cronulla
Canterbury
Adelaide
Hunter
Penrith
North Queensland
Auckland Warriors
So there goes your futile comment of killing the game in WA and SA on the Gold coast front SL had two Qld based teams.
SL did more for the international game than Arko and his Manly supporting cheating buddies ever did.
You must have forgotten the World club challenge with the Pommies...it may not have been a great success but it was an attempt to make the game more recognised overseas.

Only put games on Foxtel??????

I didn't have Fox and I saw heaps of games free to air.
Once again Dimitri you have proven your true place in the universe as a complete idiot.

you have no idea

when super league and the arl came back together

it was super league that said it wanted to kill adelaide and perth - if the arl kill the GC and the SQ crushers

all news ltd wanted was tv rights

didnt give a shit about

the game in wa, sa or anywhere else

the world club challenge was there long before super league

and im sorry

the only reason the games werent shown exclusively on foxtel was because of antisyphoning laws

super league - was the public name (for news ltd greed)

there is only one thing which they brought to the game

and that was the video ref

anything else was a joke

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not surprisingly

one of the biggest jokes in RL (the sharks)

decided to join

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely

Post Whore
Hmmm and the ARL wouldn't have gone to pay TV ...

And i really can't understand why you laugh at your own dribble !

dimitri

First Grade
Surely said:
Hmmm and the ARL wouldn't have gone to pay TV ...

And i really can't understand why you laugh at your own dribble !

of course the arl would have sold pay tv rights

but it was not going to be the primar point of the game

and pay tv would not have run the game like it does now

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Back on Topic

Sharks and GNC LiveWell join forces in 2005
The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks are proud and excited to announce a sponsorship arrangement between the club and GNC (General Nutrition Centers) LiveWell Australia, for the 2005 season.

Under the agreement GNC will be the ‘Exclusive Supplier of Sports Nutrition & Health Products’ to the Sharks in 2005, with the club to name the Toyota Park gym the ‘GNC Sharks Gym’, with appropriate signage to be displayed to signify the sponsorship association.

Sharks strength and conditioning coach Trent Elkin has seen the players use the wide range of GNC products to their advantage during the off-season, with the team fit and strong and ready to become a force in the 2005 premiership.

“Having access to the GNC products during pre-season has been a big bonus for us,” Elkin said. “The players, in consultation with myself and our dietitian Joanne Turner, and with the help of GNC products, have made some significant improvements in their strength and body shapes during the past few months.”

Ms Turner, brought in by the Sharks during the recent pre season, was equally enthusiastic about what the players have been able to achieve due to a combination of a training, good nutrition and GNC supplements.

“The most important thing for the players is to be able to safely supplement their food intake,” Ms Turner said. “We often need them to take supplements to fill the gap that is created due to their high nutritional requirements and heavy training workload. The variety and the quality of products we have available from GNC allow us to do that.

“We use GNC because of the high quality of their products and because we can’t take any risks with what the players take. We need the level of safety that GNC products provide. They are tested to IOC certified standards so we know exactly what they guys are taking.”

The Sharks players will continue to use GNC products throughout the season to assist in their recovery from the demands of games and training, to ensure strength levels and weight gains or losses are maintained.

Edward Atkinson was equally as excited to be forming a partnership with the Sharks, while hoping the association would be a long and mutually beneficial one.

“We are thrilled to be involved in the NRL this year and even more excited to be partnering with such a respected club as the Sharks,” Atkinson said. “The Sharks strength and conditioning team know the advantages that sports supplements will have on the club throughout the year and have certainly shown the professionalism in the area of nutrition that we look for when partnering with a team. We look forward to a long and successful association with the Sharks starting this season and continuing into the future.”

Opening its doors in America in 1935, GNC has grown to become the largest herb, vitamin, weight management and sports nutrition retailer in the world. GNC boasts almost 6,000 stores worldwide, operating in 40 countries, clearly making them a market leader.

All GNC stores carry the high quality GNC brand of products, all of which are subjected to over 150 manufacturing quality and safety checks. GNC LiveWell has been operating in Australia for five years. There are currently 35 stores in on the east coast of Australia, with 16 in Melbourne, 18 in Sydney and 1 in Brisbane, with plans to continue expansion throughout Queensland and into SA and WA.

GNC are very excited about partnering with the Sharks, seeing the two organisations as market leaders, with both boasting a loyal following while striving to be at the forefront in their respective fields.
http://www.sharks.com.au:8080/news/news_March4_GNC.htm?2716298

___

This is one company that thinks we are marketable.

Latest posts