What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It weird for men to own a cat

Is it weird for an adult male to own a cat

• Total voters

AJB1102

First Grade
I've known 2 blokes who owned cats. 1 was lumped with it with after a breakup and his cat pretty much became his dog following him everywhere, traveling in the car, doing as its told and this man was normal. The other one was f**king fruitloop who used walk this merkin on a leash much to the cat's disgust I think because the "walking" looked more like a series of attempted escapes from the cat.

OVP

Coach
Put the f**king lotion in the basket!

Damn straight man.

rublotion.jpg

TheFrog

Coach
When I bought my unit back in 1997 we had a small rockery at the front, in it was a very small bit of asparagus fern, it just stayed in the one spot never getting any bigger, it was wedged in a spot where it couldn't expand, I really grew to like looking at it even though it was a noxious weed, another woman bought a unit later on and was a so call expert on gardening so she just ripped it out but she replaced the spot with what looked like paterson's curse so I just ripped it out and disposed of it a plastic bag in the garbage.

I do agree about feral cats but it all comes back to who let the cats get wild to roam free and dumped in the bush in the first place, irresponsible humans just like the idiots who dumped carp and goldfish into our river systems killing off most of the native fish populations, then there was all the good intentions with rabbits and foxes with the first settlers which have turned into an ecological disaster and also more recently the cane toads, could go on and on but it all comes backs to one common denominator, human beings.

All very true.

The thing with asparagus fern is that even if it is tiny, it just has to produce its berries and they are eaten by birds who shit out the seeds 20 miles away and they spread. My place was overrun with it when I bought it.

As for cats, well it is out of the bag now, they are just going to eventually wipe out every native species smaller than them and there's nothing we can do about it. They do not have a single predator in this country.

DiegoNT

First Grade
All very true.

The thing with asparagus fern is that even if it is tiny, it just has to produce its berries and they are eaten by birds who shit out the seeds 20 miles away and they spread. My place was overrun with it when I bought it.

As for cats, well it is out of the bag now, they are just going to eventually wipe out every native species smaller than them and there's nothing we can do about it. They do not have a single predator in this country.
Dingo.
Unfortunately we are hell bent on wiping out the apex land predator which is why these feral animals flourish

Lambretta

First Grade
Cats are an ecological disaster in Australia, on par with cane toads. Both are kept as pets. Cats on a much greater scale because they are cute and fluffy, but the truth is they are highly efficient killing machines, and the damage they cause in this country means they should be eradicated.

At the very least it should be illegal to keep them as pets. You aren't allowed to grow noxious weeds like asparagus fern in your backyard so you shouldn't be allowed to keep cats either.

Cats need to brought in at night because that's when they hunt
They rarely kill during daylight hours and when they do it's often lizards, spiders or other things too numerous to worry about.

Any cat owner who lets their cat out at night is an utter merkin

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've known 2 blokes who owned cats. 1 was lumped with it with after a breakup and his cat pretty much became his dog following him everywhere, traveling in the car, doing as its told and this man was normal. The other one was f**king fruitloop who used walk this merkin on a leash much to the cat's disgust I think because the "walking" looked more like a series of attempted escapes from the cat.

I saw a dude walking a ferret once. had to do a triple take, looked so weird

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cats are cool and pound for pound better fighters than dogs. good at killing Brown Snakes too

and they're not dumb enough to chase f**king sticks

_snafu_

Immortal
I equate men who own little dogs, like poodles or something else equally as obnoxious, as being serial killers.

Most mornings I go for a run and see a huge bloke with tats Dugan would be proud of wearing a hi vis shirt and walking his pug.

___

Juniors
I hate cats. I'm more of a dog person. Dogs love you, protect your house and are loyal.

Cats always go for a walk and only turn up to either sleep or eat.