What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Josh Dugan injury prone?

Crush

Coach
Really?
I think you need to take a look at Thurston stats.
2005- 26/26 - full season
2006- 17/26 - dislocated knee
2007- 25/26 - shoulder injury
2008- 17/26 - 2 shoulder reconstructions
2009- 23/26 - ?
2010- 17/26 - shoulder injury (again)
2011- 19/26 - ACL/MCL
2012- 24/26 - ?
2013- 22/26 - Knee
2014- 24/26 - shoulder injury
2015- 25/26 - Neck injury
2016- 26/26 - full season
2017 - Calf injury
Ohh, OK then. Guess I got that wrong!

dragon thomo

Juniors
Without knowing stats of other fullbacks I can recall Tedesco having a lot of injuries in his early days also Slater Minachello and Stuart all having injuries through there careers.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Beat me to it St Georgio. Stanley brothers should be in the dictionary under the definition injury prone.

To me an injury prone player is someone who misses at least 6 games a season consistently. That is a quarter of your season more or less. Missing your best player for 6 games can be the difference of making the 8. Dugan hits that mark, same with Foran and definitely Peats,

Look at someone like Cam Smith, Thurston, Cronk who rarely go though a season missing 6 games. If they have it would be far more seasons that they have missed less than 6 games than missed more than 6 games.

Hawkins

Juniors
He reminds me of that Titan Greg Bird who went to Superleague.

He goes down in play a lot so I think of him as more injured than he is.

Divine

Bench
As an aside...Tallis' remark "gee he can find an injury can't he" goes down as the most callous comment I've ever heard. Just when I thought I couldn't hate him more.

RPG437

Juniors
Duges is a bit of an enigma because he is definitely a tough dude but just goes down like the proverbial sack of shit on a regular basis. Rolling and writhing in pain and you think "season"......
The old timers we would have given it to him. That's what Tallis is on about.

Hawkins

Juniors
Duges is a bit of an enigma because he is definitely a tough dude but just goes down like the proverbial sack of shit on a regular basis. Rolling and writhing in pain and you think "season"......
The old timers we would have given it to him. That's what Tallis is on about.

Plus Tallis would have stepped on Dug's scrotum if he'd had done that back in his day.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I know this is a Dugan thread, but just while we're on this topic, another thing that pisses me off is when people call James Tedesco 'injury prone'.

The bloke hasn't had a serious injury since 2014. He played nearly every game in 2015 and if it wasn't for literally being flying knee'd in the face by a giant Ryan James and having his jaw broken, he probably would have played close to every game in 2016 as well. In fact he played every game in 2016 up until that point. The jaw injury was totally out of his control.

But people only see the ACL injuries from 3 years ago and claim he is more of an injury liability than most in the NRL. f**king ignorant.

Tom teddy and duges are not injury prone compared to kyle stanley or YKG.

watatank

Coach
Dugan just seems to get knocked about and stay down a lot but I don't think he misses any more than other players in a similar position

gitano

Juniors
I don't think stats should be the only measure.

Plays it very tough. If he takes the soft option, which I've seen many a fullback do, and gets injured less is that better?

I hate stats. In my decade playing pretty high level footy the only stat I knew was how many young fillies I put away.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Without looking at all the stats, I think most...if not all....Dragons' fans collectively hold their breath when "Duges" takes a tackle because, more often than not, he gets up slowly creating a belief that he is injury prone.

Yes, he has been unavailable on occasion but Dugan is pretty resilient for the demanding position he plays at club level.

Crush

Coach
Geez I hope Duges stays fit for the remainder of his time at Dragons!
Highly doubt it......

dragonssamy61

First Grade
After hearing him on nine new tonight.
Saying how glad he is to be with nsw instead of the dragons because he's so disappointed about having to leave.
Because they would pay him what he is worth.
I hope he puts in for the rest of the season

possm

Coach
I was revealed in another thread that the Dragons to have access to TPA sponsorship and currently have players with TPAs.

So this begs the question, why did not we meet Dugan's and Packer's demands by using TPAs?

We really did not have to let them go after all.