What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Josh Dugan injury prone?

No....you jumped for joy when stats said we win 3.4% more games..... as if it equalled 5 extra winning games a year....ha ha

You guys need to do maths and analysis before you blab 3.4% more games will make a difference to our results

Embarrassing

Its one competition point silly

Your analysis is amazingly juvenile for an elder

Now about widdop....rd 20 will be D Day for his review
Please go back to your own forum

Walpole

Juniors
Hi Walpole I trust you are well?
For the record it is a full moon most days in this place.
Interesting despite the overwhelming winning % numbers re GI at FB they have 1 premiership and that's it.
You can win all the club games you like but there is only 1 game in the end that will really count.
So with all the stats that are forever on offer which player in recent times with > 50% winning stats has the most premierships and how many players with < 50% winning stats also have premierships.
All a bit arbitrary really.
Absolutely mate, lies, damned lies and statistics. In the end you can read anything into them you want. None of it means anything if you're holding the trophy up in October.

Not sure what the hell Vas is going on about though. But what's new there.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Back to the injury prone argument with Duges. He does get injured a lot but purely because of the way he plays his game. He plays hard and puts his body on the line like no other.

I wonder if now that he gets to the twilight years and knows he has 4 years of high income that will continue? If he continues to play as he is he will be getting injured even more as he is getting older.

possm

Coach
Since Dugan first played for us in round 10, 2013 he's played 75 games for 34 wins (45.3%). We've played 24 games without him for 10 wins (41.7%).
In my opinion we will really miss Dugan. If handled correctly he could have done a very good job for us at right centre - Aitken as backup.

Now we need to test our fullback candidates prior to making a decision on fullback for 2018.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think it’s blown out of proportion a bit, sure he’s missed games but not through any serious injury. Hamstring, ankle, elbow etc. From memory I would think Barrett,Ryles & Gasnier probably missed more games.

BLM01

First Grade
Yep always has been whether its mental or unlucky.
Great job Dragons @Basil Millward not offering Dugan the money he wanted (1 mill cough cough to be fullback for 1/2 a season)..and not even matching Cronulla's 800K. Boy no wonder the Sharks are peeved and being trying to offload him for 12 months.
Here comes the medical retirement salary cap relief...just like Inglis and still dont know how that got through.
Sam Burgess was fair enough if legit.

TheFlash

Juniors
Probably trying to get himself medically retired, so he gets all he's contract money upfront and moves on to something else..

merahputih

Juniors
I was lucky enough to be be at WIN Stadium when he debuted for us against Parra in 2013. He had a blinder, scoring two tries but from there it seemed to be all downhill under the coaching of Super Coach Price and then The Maestro. And he started to bulk up, losing the x-factor he had at the Raiders.

giboz71

First Grade
Duges never evolved at the same rate as the fullback position. Slater and Brett Stewart were his contemporaries and they changed the position but he couldn’t go with them. Didn’t have the skill level nor the footy IQ unfortunately, which is mandatory for modern day fullbacks now.

Didn’t really have anything else except his physicality and this seems to have cut his career short. The way he plays, those collisions were always going to take its toll after 10 years in the NRL.

Sharks were stupid for signing him for 4 years at top dollar and I said that at the time.

TruSaint

Referee
I was lucky enough to be be at WIN Stadium when he debuted for us against Parra in 2013. He had a blinder, scoring two tries but from there it seemed to be all downhill under the coaching of Super Coach Price and then The Maestro. And he started to bulk up, losing the x-factor he had at the Raiders.

Yep, well said.

At the Raiders he was lean , fast and a game breaker. We turned him into the Michelin man ffs.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Duges always gave for us.
He always made that extra tackle and put in that extra effort.
He put his body on the line, many times.

I think a combination of not being the fittest player he could be and injuries taking their toll have caught up with him.

Throw in the possibility of also being prone to more injury than others and Josh is where he is now.

Millward did good in not paying overs for him to stay. The writing was probably on the wall back then.

Sharkies did not do the due diligence and paid overs along with offering too many years on the contract.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Duges always gave for us.
He always made that extra tackle and put in that extra effort.
He put his body on the line, many times.

I think a combination of not being the fittest player he could be and injuries taking their toll have caught up with him.

Throw in the possibility of also being prone to more injury than others and Josh is where he is now.

Millward did good in not paying overs for him to stay. The writing was probably on the wall back then.

Sharkies did not do the due diligence and paid overs along with offering too many years on the contract.
Yeah I cant fault Duges, he was always a 110% player. The way he plays would be hard on the body though and its hard to get as fit when the joints all hurt I guess. We had an apprentice work with my company that was an up and coming star with the Raiders but never made first grade. He always spoke highly of Dugan at the Raiders said he would stay back after training and help all the young guys and wasn't arrogant at all. I wish him well. Another thing is after wearing the red v it would be very hard to put in 110% putting on that filthy jersey. You would almost feel sick wearing it.

Latest posts