What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Kite leaving?

Ribs

Bench
Its a very good idea as Im sure the players managers would have been inflating their prices following rep selections. This way both the club, the players and the managers will know what the market is asking for these guys and the club can bargain accordingly, prior to June 30.

Collateral

Coach
One player we need to re-sign asap is Reece Simmonds...he is a fantastic young player, really in his first year of consistent first grade and he is playing like a seasoned veteran.

IMO, with no disrespect intended, Nathan Blacklocks career is winding down. He isnt getting any younger either and I think it might be a good idea to let him go and chase the Big $$$ in England or France when his contract expires at the end of 2005.

We need great players like Reece. Our future for the backs is pretty set anyways as they are all pretty young.

Backline for the future:

1. Ben Hornby
2. ? - Could be Youngquest, Howell, Naiqama, Asotasi* or even Gasnier
3. Creagh
4. Cooper
5. Reece Simmonds
7. Matt Head/ Brett Firman

* We should really develop Edwin Asotasi as he is a former Junior All Blacks winger in the mould of a Hopoate or Vainikolo. It would be smart for him to be groomed for our first grade wing spot.

sleepy_jackson

Juniors
I 100% agree with red dragon, reece simmonds is a fantastic player. His switch from fullback to wing has been incredible. If NSW selectors were really picking there players on form then reece would be in the team. He has been the most impressive player all season but has not been recognised for it.

I also agree with red dragon about nathan blacklock. His career is winding down, he doesnt seem to be excited to be playing footy and its stopping the progress of young prospect ben creagh, who will undoubtedly be one of the best players going round in a few years. The dragons made the mistake by bringing blacklock back to the club, he betrayed us and we threw him anothe lifeline, as a result money that could be spent on retaining ridell and kite has been wasted on a player who more often that not does not want to get his hands dirty.

Red dragon u know ur footy. Peace Out

OVP

Coach
RedDragon said:

Pig is good friends with a few Roosters and he wants money. Another player that we bought, developed and turned into a star and now it seems wants to walk out on the club that helped him.

The Roosters should really stop stealing players. Develop some of your own. You guys are good at it as seen with Cayless, Catic and Byrne.

Look mate

1. You got Riddell from us, so thats why he is friends with alot of Roosters
2. Riddell was seen at the last two Souths games ...
3. There is no way known that Ricky Stuart would be interested in a fat, lazy pig who can only play for roughly 35 minutes a game.

Its out of you guys and Souths for Riddell's signature ... you both are the only two teams who would fork out that kind of cash for a fat joke :lol:

Mind you Kite is probably higher on South's hitlist than yours ... so watch it !!

Dragons

Juniors
in todays SHM.

KITE TO FLY: Look for NSW forward Brent Kite to join Melbourne next year. Word at the Dragons is they can't afford his asking price and keep halfback Matthew Head, too.

tdcockers

Juniors
hmm, i saw that too, i was wondering where melbourne was finding the room under the cap - unless matty orford has already said he is going to leave us :cry:

RainMan

Juniors
Another string for the rumour bow, Kite had lunch with Des Hasler, Noel Cleal and Peter Peters at a Cammeray restaurant.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well he has been invited to look around, that is, "to test the market".
I'm sure there'll be lots of stories regarding meetings and then the inevitable presumptions.

What I find amusing is that last year Kite was on the receiving end of wholesale criticism... and now, he's suddenly become hot property.

Collateral

Coach
apparently Kite has agreed to terms with the Raiders...

If so I think that is a good thing as it can pave the way for our own home grown talent in Charles Leano

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon, Kite came from the Raiders and was sent packing by them. I was going to mention the irony after all the bagging he copped from some of their supporters.

Anonymous

Juniors
On ten news Tony Peters said that he has apparently come to terms with us.....

I'm as baffled by us signing him as you guys are by losing him. I'm sure you will all agree we have a great forward pack. And even though he would (will?) be an asset to us next year, what we really need is a halfback.

damo72

Juniors
I know this is all speculation at the moment, Kite has been linked with Canberra, Manly and Melbourne with Canberra apparently the favourites, Riddell has been linked to the Roosters who I think would struggle to fit him legally under their salary cap, Parramatta have supposebly offered him $270k a season, Cronulla but they have Sullivan who is an outstanding prospect and the Warriors. Matthew Head is reportebly going to re sign with the Dragons this week and not sure what that will mean for Brett Firman. But I do do a fair bit of research in these matters considering it's my job but as stated earlier in this thread it is all rumour at the moment.

Latest posts