What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Millward white anting Mary?

Crush

Coach
Keep an eye on things and get back to me later. In the meantime I will give up on YOU. I've found tht no matter how well things are explained to you, you come up with the same, same old, same.
Same old same old is a bit rich coming from you Possm, a guy that finishes every post with "its a mess".
Let me explain to you what I know.
We have a genuine shot at playing finals this year. Next year we will have essentially the same team minus a couple with the addition of a couple.
For the first time in a few years it actually isn't a mess and you seem hell bent on trying to educate us all that its a catastrophic mess.
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts and think that you make some fantastic points at times but on the "its a mess" call I just don't get it given where we have been the last 5 years.
Possm, I will continue to read your posts with interest. Cheers.

possm

Coach
Same old same old is a bit rich coming from you Possm, a guy that finishes every post with "its a mess".
Let me explain to you what I know.
We have a genuine shot at playing finals this year. Next year we will have essentially the same team minus a couple with the addition of a couple.
For the first time in a few years it actually isn't a mess and you seem hell bent on trying to educate us all that its a catastrophic mess.
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts and think that you make some fantastic points at times but on the "its a mess" call I just don't get it given where we have been the last 5 years.
Possm, I will continue to read your posts with interest. Cheers.
Yes all good. The message 'Millward mess' and 'It's a mess' in my mind was successful because it is repeated or commented on often and it generates good banter on this forum. Having said that I do believe that its a mess. I have been on this earth for 63 years and in that time have seen things done well and seen things that are a mess. I am sure Millward is doing his best, but unfortunately his work is not up there with the best. Maybe over time he will learn and adjust his methods. I am sure he learnt a lot from this season's activities.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Let's start with the loss of DUGAN.how the hell do you call that a mess ,when you lose essentially an excellent centre.worth maybe 650k to 750k.the same guy who wants to hold you to ransom for 6 months and demands 1,000,000 per season.a guy who can be replaced for 500,000 .secondly you lose PACKER .he's harder to replace but let's face it he left because the tigers offered him too much money .which we could not match but if you look at his figures we can certainly replace him .I certainly wouldn't call it a mess and anybody who thinks it's a mess needs to reassess .go the BIGREDV.

monsterkev

Juniors
L
A friend of mine who's a very keen follower of rugby league (supports another team), made the following observations:

*how in the world have the Dragons managed to lose two of their best players within a couple of weeks? There'd be an uproar if that was to happen at his club (and it just never happens without ready replacements to come in - no shocks, no surprises, recruitment always under control).
*it's laughable that the head coach doesn't have a material and direct influence on recruitment.

These are his points which I didn't raise. Just providing an outside perspective from a knowledgeable guy.

Straight Shooter
ike I said on another post
There is something brewing behind the scenes a new coach coming in already having an influence on recruitment and retention

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Let's start with the loss of DUGAN.how the hell do you call that a mess ,when you lose essentially an excellent centre.worth maybe 650k to 750k.the same guy who wants to hold you to ransom for 6 months and demands 1,000,000 per season.a guy who can be replaced for 500,000 .secondly you lose PACKER .he's harder to replace but let's face it he left because the tigers offered him too much money .which we could not match but if you look at his figures we can certainly replace him .I certainly wouldn't call it a mess and anybody who thinks it's a mess needs to reassess .go the BIGREDV.
I think Millard is doing a good job.
Packer has had a good season so far as last year he was finding his feet so worth the 800k a season the Tigers are paying him? Hardly
Dugan has been good but time to move on. Could you imagine some on this forum if Duffy and Field moved on as they weren't getting a chance and Duges is on the 1mil and playing 60% of the season.
The cards are falling in our favour, great times ahead

Gareth67

First Grade
I am at the stage where by I couldn't care if they were ' white-anting ' each other , just as long as there is a dramatic improvement in the overall operational , recruitment and coaching of this club .
I have had a gutful of the dramas that our team and its supporters have endured this year

On a side note , has anyone seen Dil Rothchilds column in today's Sunday Tele. About the clubs supposedly annoyed with the NRL loan to the Dragons ? This bloke really knows how to put the boot in to another club , seems to take some type of perverse pleasure from our troubles - orsewipe !

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
I am at the stage where by I couldn't care if they were ' white-anting ' each other , just as long as there is a dramatic improvement in the overall operational , recruitment and coaching of this club .
I have had a gutful of the dramas that our team and its supporters have endured this year

On a side note , has anyone seen Dil Rothchilds column in today's Sunday Tele. About the clubs supposedly annoyed with the Dragons loan to the NRL ? This bloke really knows how to put the boot in to another club , seems to take pleasure from their troubles - orsewipe !

Yep press loves to create dramatic reports about the dragons because they know our fans are the most passionate in the game and they will get a response. Only the ABC has reported accurately about the Dugan to Sharks story. They all put Crap on the club without reporting the facts. Johns stated on the footy show that we were crazy not to pay him 1 mill per season....Why? no one else offered him that. Millward's evaluation was correct and sharks paid the same amount only one year more after we Allegedly pulled our offer.All the best to Duges at the Sharks but he will be 28 next year and we have Field/Marsters and dufty coming through as well as some new signings in the works.

Old Timer

Coach
One can only hope they like good white ants that they eat the foundations out from each other then the pest exterminator can come in and clean up the entire nest including the cockroaches in the board room.
As much as McFookknuckle ain't my favourite coach if Millward / Doust & Co are actually doing this then a pox on them as they are manipulative and deceitful beyond any reasonable measure.

possm

Coach
I'm at a loss to know what to day to you. I suppose, suffice to say that I am very confident if Dugan and Packer stayed, we would have the best chance of competing for a GF spot in 2018 since 2010.

possm

Coach
I think Millard is doing a good job.
Packer has had a good season so far as last year he was finding his feet so worth the 800k a season the Tigers are paying him? Hardly
Dugan has been good but time to move on. Could you imagine some on this forum if Duffy and Field moved on as they weren't getting a chance and Duges is on the 1mil and playing 60% of the season.
The cards are falling in our favour, great times ahead
It will depend which cards come our way. We need an ace of forwards and an ace of backs to make things right. Forget about signing a tem of anything.

Objective spew would look great with a latte in his hand and a tweed jacket.

He has shown his true colours he supports the Roosters.

Crush

Coach
Objective spew would look great with a latte in his hand and a tweed jacket.

He has shown his true colours he supports the Roosters.
How do you reckon OV would react if a Paul McGregor coached team took the dragons deep into the finals this year?
What angle would he take?

Latest posts