What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

The problem with Canberra is they have a dumb slow forward pack that get's worse as they get tired towards the end of matches.

The only thing keeping the forward packs IQ above average is Hodgson who's form is well down from last season.

nick87

Coach
Mother f**ker just got his arse handed to him by something called "Brock Lamb" and "Jalen Feeney"

Thread deserves to be pinned for this week

nick87

Coach
That's probably true to an extent
That's how pro sports works, if you're not getting better your losing ground

That said we aren't playing anything close to the level we should
We stink and other teams are better. It's that simple

Talent is there for us to right the ship but we've seen nothing so far to suggest they can do it

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I blame Steve Roach for our season.

He's commentated on us for almost every game this year and his stink is sticking to us.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

85729-i-live-i-die-i-live-again.gif

Paullyboy

Coach
I really wish we still had Paul Vaughan. I don't think a single person thought it was going to end any differently when he left us - he's a gun and the sort of bloke you can depend on when the team needs a consistent presence.

Having said that, our issues go much deeper than that. The Raiders have been the worst favourites in professional sport for well over a decade. Whenever w're expected to win, we decide to change our game plan and always get out-enthused, it's so painfully predictable. How that mentality has passed through 3 or 4 different coaches and about 5 completely different rosters is beyond me.

SBD82

Coach
I really wish we still had Paul Vaughan. I don't think a single person thought it was going to end any differently when he left us - he's a gun and the sort of bloke you can depend on when the team needs a consistent presence.

Having said that, our issues go much deeper than that. The Raiders have been the worst favourites in professional sport for well over a decade. Whenever w're expected to win, we decide to change our game plan and always get out-enthused, it's so painfully predictable. How that mentality has passed through 3 or 4 different coaches and about 5 completely different rosters is beyond me.
You guys would have had a much better insight, but I don't think he's previously shown the sort of form he has this year.

I think it'd be safe to say that even the most optimistic dragons supporter couldn't have predicted how good he would be for us so far.