What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Generalzod

Immortal
Fmd 2 hours behind here on Singapore so watching on my app on the way home from work.

Raiders score with 15 to go to get out beyond a converted try. I turn it off and go to the supermkt conceding the points to the great man.

Flip it back on near home to hear Cleary kick the winning fg!!

Name a coach who is actually capable of that shit on a consistent basis in a game that is all about consistency.
Ricky Stuart

Generalzod

Immortal
That is the thing I hate the most about the club. We play like shit, drop heaps of ball, give away dumb penalties all the while somehow building a lead, then we choke because all of our players are absolute idiots and Ricky strolls out to the press conference and says how it was really a great performance.

Stop gaslighting me rick we suck. That performance was putrid and it was only through our ability to drag teams down to our level that we would have come close. Just watch how many absolutely moronical errors we made. The lack of discipline is a huge problem.
Well it's not much he can do, It seems he has lost the change room.

AJB1102

First Grade
If I were Ricky's boss I'd be telling the merkin to get in the coaches box and do his f**king job like every other coach does - observing the game from a vantage point, seeing the structure and plays of his side as well as the opposition and sending messages to adjust accordingly.

Sitting where he does he might as well grab a pie and a beer and kick back like the rest of the spectators. Fans literally have a better view of the game than he does on the sideline.

His team is too dumb to tie their own boots up so you can't trust them to figure it out.

carcharias

Immortal
I wonder who's the next contestant to blow the horn? What revelation thats been

Well that’s what you get for trying pinch some other teams identity.
It was destined to fail.
Ennis tried to show them how silly they looked but they didn’t take that advice on board.

It’s a damn shame to see one of the greatest clubs in my time fall so far...
I hate to say it, but with Ricky in charge I don’t think we are even close to seeing them bottom out yet either.

Meth

Staff member
Feel bad for him, his hooker took quite easily the worst attempt at a drop goal ever when they were in a comanding position, halves let them down every week in key moments, Sezer should have been screaming for the ball there.

yeah exactly. Who was directing the play there? From memory, it's was tackle 4 (I may be wrong on that)....why wasn't Sezer directing the play for himself to take the shot? Didn't he take a bloody hit up in the set or something?

TheFrog

Coach
That is the thing I hate the most about the club. We play like shit, drop heaps of ball, give away dumb penalties all the while somehow building a lead, then we choke because all of our players are absolute idiots and Ricky strolls out to the press conference and says how it was really a great performance.

Stop gaslighting me rick we suck. That performance was putrid and it was only through our ability to drag teams down to our level that we would have come close. Just watch how many absolutely moronical errors we made. The lack of discipline is a huge problem.
64% completion rate isn't going to win many NRL games.

skeepe

Immortal
yeah exactly. Who was directing the play there? From memory, it's was tackle 4 (I may be wrong on that)....why wasn't Sezer directing the play for himself to take the shot? Didn't he take a bloody hit up in the set or something?
He did. It’s his responsibility but he almost always goes missing right when the game is there to be won.

Sezer is a joke. He had time and space when he received the ball and should have taken a shot, or handed it to a forward to set it up for the next tackle.

Havili knew what had to be done, he just executed poorly. Sezer had no idea and no awareness.

Same story in another game we lost, maybe Sharks? Sezer gets the ball in front with us needing a field goal and instead of taking it, he puts it through the hands.

His game goes to absolute shit in the final quarter and is a huge part of why we always lose - just cannot close out a game.

So we’ve offered him another 2 years. What a f**king joke.