What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Robbie Farah worth 600k?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know where you're coming from. Souths are doing it hard right now with attendance as well. Of course we all care about how our team goes but it shouldn't control your life. To get worked up over a round 26 lineup is pointless because the seasons over. If it was a round 1 lineup 2018 I'd be agreeing with you but our seasons over mate and it's been that way for a while. Don't get mad and hope that some of these younger players can have a real go and prove themselves.
You still do not throw in the towel though and that's what that line up is......

How long has it been since we have named a first grade side like this one???.........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You still do not throw in the towel though and that's what that line up is......

How long has it been since we have named a first grade side like this one???.........

Not too sure but it's irrelevant to me. We're not playing finals footy. I wish Crichton would just take a break as well. The kid has played so well he deserves the break. Him and Surgess have earned their restsz

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
southy your last post looks guilty are you trying to apologize to me it truly looks that way i gathered a hint in there spit it out boy spit it out i know you want to?...Shadow....

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Only because he was treated like crap from the powers that be!
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times,our Management are the most arrogant pricks I've ever had the displeasure to meet.
And I'm talking about multiple encounters regarding corporate sponsorship.
Believe me fellas our club isn't about us!
Also the Fan Management or whatever they call themselves is terrible. They never answer emails or queries and their game day experience is below every other team in the NRL. No wonder no one goes to games.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I agree - also the Fan Management or whatever they call themselves is terrible. They never answer emails or queries and their game day experience is below every other team in the NRL. No wonder no one goes to games.
Makes you wonder what's happened aye? Considering in 2015 we were I think 3rd for game day experience across all codes in Australia.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Makes you wonder what's happened aye? Considering in 2015 we were I think 3rd for game day experience across all codes in Australia.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
To tell you the truth I was surprised at coming in third that year.
It probably doesn't help that our home ground holds 80,000 - that's a lot of empty seats when you average 10,000 to a game. And I do go to all our games at ANZ but pre game entertainment is terrible.
Absolutely no atmosphere.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
To tell you the truth I was surprised at coming in third that year.
It probably doesn't help that our home ground holds 80,000 - that's a lot of empty seats when you average 10,000 to a game. And I do go to all our games at ANZ but pre game entertainment is terrible.
Absolutely no atmosphere.

I couldn't agree more. Been to 5 home games this year and it was just shocking. I'm not really a big fan of ANZ.

truthslayer

Juniors
NO! We have a few young potential superstars in Crichton and Murray as well as great u20 players that may come through in 2018 Kye Rodwell and Johnstone If Connor Tracey gets over his injuries he could put pressure on Reynolds.Ever since the Burgess twins was called out in the Media they were fat it gave them a well-deserved kick in the ass...for 3/4 of the season they were too lazy.Father time has caught up with Sutton and a younger faster fitter player in our ranks needs to play 80 mins. Maguire may be a casualty, personally, i hope he stays its what younger guys need and he has played a role in development. His stubbornness to change and take on board whats not happening is a major flaw. We need to go forward and Farrah is not the future, I think he's done a good job but looking outside the box for the future is very important.

southsport

First Grade
NO! We have a few young potential superstars in Crichton and Murray as well as great u20 players that may come through in 2018 Kye Rodwell and Johnstone If Connor Tracey gets over his injuries he could put pressure on Reynolds.Ever since the Burgess twins was called out in the Media they were fat it gave them a well-deserved kick in the ass...for 3/4 of the season they were too lazy.Father time has caught up with Sutton and a younger faster fitter player in our ranks needs to play 80 mins. Maguire may be a casualty, personally, i hope he stays its what younger guys need and he has played a role in development. His stubbornness to change and take on board whats not happening is a major flaw. We need to go forward and Farrah is not the future, I think he's done a good job but looking outside the box for the future is very important.

Yes, truth in what you say I think, after the storm game I wasn't looking forward to 2018 but last nights game has revitalised me.

greg jay

Juniors
You are absolutely correct my son. The key variable is that should The Crisps - and whomever is responsible for The Roster and scouting - maintain the status quo with Maguire still Head Coach and guys like Farah still hanging around, the team is doomed to another 8-9 win season. It is doomed to failure. Cook has to become a starter and allowed to play his style of game. I cannot understand why the club has failed to seek out another Head Coach this is where it all starts and finishes. Geoff Toovey would be my choice OR a successful lower grade coach at another club prepared to instill another style of play than that of Maguire. Maguire has now has two consecutive poor seasons and the team has become erratic at best looking good for 2 weeks then collapsing. Reynolds himself would probably relish a new Coach like Toovey a former class halfback who likes to attack but also play with aggression. Maguire should have resigned from the Crisps himself because the longer he stays here and the more familiar the players and coach become the worse it will get. A new Coach is a win-win: 1. New found motivation for long term players such as Reynolds and The Burgess Brothers and 2. He begins the intense culling required of the present stale roster.