What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the jig up?

Radical Rat

Juniors
I say this at the risk of coming across as disgruntled about losing Teddy, but I'm really trying to be impartial.

Are opposition coaches starting to work Teddy out? His stop/start routine seems to be becoming less and less effective. Which is highlighted by not just tonight, his attacking stats this year are massively on the decline.

Isn't this the cycle? a player comes along and looks unstoppable, then soon enough coaches work out how to blunt their effectiveness.

Don't get me wrong, Teddy was far from our worst tonight, Moses clearly takes that mantle (please f**k him off already).

Teddy is still a great footballer and I would have loved to have kept him, but for the first time i am starting to wonder if we've already seen him at his best.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sure if his best footy is behind him but he isn't a great player or anywhere near it at the moment. His defensive reads have always been poor. His main assets are that he goes hard all game, he has good acceleration and evasiveness and he can ball play. He seems to have lost some of that zip.

I think for the amount of money we offered him and the amount of money the cheating merkins are going to pay him he may not be the best signing.

Brown111723

Juniors
Yeah no commitment tonight. Put Moses, teddy and woods in reserve grade for the season. They (besides woods obviously) had no interest tonight

Vic Mackey

Referee
Teddy is a great player, he dogged it tonight though which is extremely dissapointing. He said he personally called everyone in the team when he signed with the roosters to promise he would give his All for the rest of the year. Tonight proved that was complete shit.

axl rose

Bench
Very disappointing. In his defense Slater was a piss poor tackler as well early in his career, so was Lockyer. His positioning has not improved at all over the years. Was watching an old doco on youtube of Bob Fulton making his fullback sit through hours and hours of tapes on positioning at the back till he f**king learnt it. Makes me wonder if Teddy puts in the work or thinks his talent alone will get him by.

Tonight though goes to show the obvious that it would have been pointless paying him a million at the back when we have no props.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
The best fullbacks in the game support up the middle. The sweep out the back toTedesco is not the right play. His game will change significantly at the Rorters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say this at the risk of coming across as disgruntled about losing Teddy, but I'm really trying to be impartial.

Are opposition coaches starting to work Teddy out? His stop/start routine seems to be becoming less and less effective. Which is highlighted by not just tonight, his attacking stats this year are massively on the decline.

Isn't this the cycle? a player comes along and looks unstoppable, then soon enough coaches work out how to blunt their effectiveness.

Don't get me wrong, Teddy was far from our worst tonight, Moses clearly takes that mantle (please f**k him off already).

Teddy is still a great footballer and I would have loved to have kept him, but for the first time i am starting to wonder if we've already seen him at his best.
I don't think he's been worked out. I think he's being over used, especially when our forwards are going nowhere.

Shredder

Juniors
Its not "give the ball to Benji" anymore, it give it to Teddy.

I dont blame him for being pissed off - hes the only one who looks likely.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I can't wait until this little prick runs into big Rusty Packer next year. Hopefully Rusty lines him up. Even show him some of the tricks you learnt in the big house. Go Packer!