What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the QRL forum dying from lack of interest?

The Partisan

Genuinely curious as to why this forum has declined in traffic ?

Was once a thriving and busy location for conversation but now appears to be dwindling away to an occasional comment.

Realise we are in the off season at the moment but a look back at pages related to 2 - 3 years back shows a vibrant community - which sadly has lost many of its members.

Much to discuss about the game in QLD ...from the very successful ISC to Schoolboy comps.

From the Cape York to Cunnammulla to Coolangatta .......there is always a story !

joshie

Live Update Team
I am going to be quite involved with the QRL this season. I am going to have a fair bit to do with the Townsville Blackhawks too in a new role I have in FNQ.

The Partisan

In that case i look forward to some insights and reports of all things from the north !

FYI

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic about the situation......just trying to encourage conversation in a subject matter that obviously is of interest to many.

DlEHARD

Juniors
It probably is, but we can change that.

With the new BRL and the inclusion of traditional clubs like Valleys, it's going to be a great year for Queensland Rugby League.

isaiah

Bench
I'd be interested to be involved in discussions about NYC eligible players playing in the q cup and u18 players stepping up to either colts for the q cup teams or NYC for the 3 nrl clubs. All with a view of keeping track of players eligible foe qld u18 and u20 teams.

langpark

First Grade
I plan to be a regular once the season gets started! (even though I live far away and cannot watch matches on TV). I think the comp is the best it's ever been and hope it continues to go from strength to strength. Am stoke that the Hunters were able to hit the ground running too and breathed some extra life into the Q Cup!

expansionist

Juniors
Agree - once the season is back I will be here.

Im planning on going to more Q cup games this year but also I am planning on attending the new BRL comp...

kdalymc

Bench
Why is there NO news on the brl comp??
Bris second division had teams and everything on their site/facey months ago but they removed it all and haven't said a word since.

The Partisan

I have been privy to some information regarding the BRL but as a courtesy cannot reveal details. This info will i believe be in the public arena within days.

Yeah i must admit i rarely caught the FOGS A grade game when attending ISC games but may now make the effort and certainly consider more if a day has BRL / MM / CC games on together.

DlEHARD

Juniors
I have been privy to some information regarding the BRL but as a courtesy cannot reveal details. This info will i believe be in the public arena within days.

Yeah i must admit i rarely caught the FOGS A grade game when attending ISC games but may now make the effort and certainly consider more if a day has BRL / MM / CC games on together.

Make sure you visit the Diehards at Emerson Park, The Grange. You won't be disappointed!

DlEHARD

Juniors
So is valley's Fortitude Valley? And they play at the grange yeah?
I've never understood

Yea I can give you the long story later. But Valleys Juniors moved to The Grange in the 70s to great success and have a really good venue. The Senior club played at Neumann Oval, Albion which is now known as Allan Border Oval and owned by QLD Cricket. Which is pleasing to see it still used for sport.

Now Valleys play in the new BRL senior comp but have had senior teams in Open 1s, 2s, 3s over the years.

Alot of great history with the club.

langpark

First Grade
Well, the season is now in full swing, there have been some great results and talking points, yet this place is dead. Sadly, it seems the Partisan was spot on about this forum.

Mong

Post Whore
Although I rarely post in this forum it's my disinterest in NRL level these days that flows through to QLD league. I used to be a regular at Capras/comets/capras games until I left the region, then I still watched it closely. Also the local comp around that area and the tough games between the likes of brothers (Gladstone and Rocky) valleys (Gladstone) and wallabys (Gladstone), there were obviously others but they were the most enjoyable.

I'd probably enjoy that level league a lot more than nrl at the moment but the interest across the board is low.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Well, the season is now in full swing, there have been some great results and talking points, yet this place is dead. Sadly, it seems the Partisan was spot on about this forum.

Always happy to talk League. In my opinion, it seems the the entire LU forum has been hijacked by, what appears to be, keyboard warriors more interested in handing out insults and squashing any productive footy discussions with immature responses and petty bickering. Perhaps the lack of activity in this forum is just a flow on effect???

My 2 cents anyway. The QRL competition forum is the only real forum I visit now.

langpark

First Grade
Always happy to talk League. In my opinion, it seems the the entire LU forum has been hijacked by, what appears to be, keyboard warriors more interested in handing out insults and squashing any productive footy discussions with immature responses and petty bickering. Perhaps the lack of activity in this forum is just a flow on effect???

My 2 cents anyway. The QRL competition forum is the only real forum I visit now.
YES! So sad but true. The NRL forum has become unreadable for me, full of egos and chest-beaters. About 20% of the chat there is relevant to footy. That's why I mainly just stick to the International section when I visit (and this one if there's any activity).

I don't live in Qld anymore, so I try my best to keep up to date with it. I think the Intrust Super Cup page on Facebook is great with the updates they provide as is their website, with all the match highlights. I think Qld Cup is steadily improving in quality, even though more teams have been added in recent years. It has big potential and I love how well spread it is across the state, from Cairns down to Gold Coast. There were some close matches this week too!

Souths-Logan 48-12 CQ Capras
Northen Pride - Sunshine Coast (postponed?)
Mackay Cutters 34-18 Tweed Heads
Ipswich Jets 36-24 Townsville
Wynnum Manly 18-14 Easts Tigers
Norths Devils 20-12 Burleigh Bears
PNG Hunters 30-26 Redcliffe Dolphins

CC_Roosters

First Grade
YES! So sad but true. The NRL forum has become unreadable for me, full of egos and chest-beaters. About 20% of the chat there is relevant to footy. That's why I mainly just stick to the International section when I visit (and this one if there's any activity).

I don't live in Qld anymore, so I try my best to keep up to date with it. I think the Intrust Super Cup page on Facebook is great with the updates they provide as is their website, with all the match highlights. I think Qld Cup is steadily improving in quality, even though more teams have been added in recent years. It has big potential and I love how well spread it is across the state, from Cairns down to Gold Coast. There were some close matches this week too!

Souths-Logan 48-12 CQ Capras
Northen Pride - Sunshine Coast (postponed?)
Mackay Cutters 34-18 Tweed Heads
Ipswich Jets 36-24 Townsville
Wynnum Manly 18-14 Easts Tigers
Norths Devils 20-12 Burleigh Bears
PNG Hunters 30-26 Redcliffe Dolphins

I am very jealous of how queensland has fostered a competition that captures the whole state. Probably Toowoomba is the only centre not currently in the competition but i have seen some noise about rectifying that lately.

I like to keep an eye out for Q cup each week and always catch whatever game they show on fox. Although i have not seen it on so far this season??

hellteam

First Grade
The replays of Intrust Super Cup are on Wednesday nights, around 830pm or so.

On Monday/Tuesday they put up highlights of every game from the weekend on the QRL website, they are great to go through every week