What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the QRL forum dying from lack of interest?

The Partisan

BRL draw now up on QRL site under OTHER COMPS tab.

GF appears to be a week ahead of the ISC GF ( and so is the Colts GF) ?

BRL / Colts 19/20 Sept

ISC 27 Sept

Correct me if i'm wrong

The Partisan

Revisiting this ....after a return of former QRL forum regular (Stewbum) raised it elsewhere (NRL Cave).

18 months down the track and i fear for the future of this forum :(

(Been away travelling for last 8 weeks myself....so not been active during that time)

The Partisan

PS. Was raised by me as 'The Partisan'.

When LU revamped earlier this year I somehow managed to stuff up my profile set up ....so had to create a new one. Have contacted the team to assist in merging the two / reopening my former profile....but no news to date.

Stewbum

Juniors
Genuinely curious as to why this forum has declined in traffic ?

Was once a thriving and busy location for conversation but now appears to be dwindling away to an occasional comment.

Realise we are in the off season at the moment but a look back at pages related to 2 - 3 years back shows a vibrant community - which sadly has lost many of its members.

Much to discuss about the game in QLD ...from the very successful ISC to Schoolboy comps.

From the Cape York to Cunnammulla to Coolangatta .......there is always a story !
I too am interested.

I have my reasons for going AWOL a decade hence, but they are not for discussion here. I'm shocked at the lack of commentary. This place was the source of all things QRL and much camaraderie. Perhaps it's that those who came together in the mid 1990's on the emerging internet have grown older with more responsibilities. However, when I walked away, they had multiplied and a new generation, including players were on here.

I know the abject lack of information around about the comps drew people here and now the QRL provide a comprehensive coverage via this new thing called a website. Perhaps there's not the burning need anymore.

Mud&Blood, Rightwing, Ozbat, Slugger and countless others.....are you hiding here under new names, or too busy?

DlEHARD

Juniors
I guess we all need to put in more effort. Forums offer something that twitter and facebook just cant.

We should try and get together more in real life. Setting the tone early in the pre-season is important because you can't inject it half way through the season.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
In the very early days, a number of us got together at a Brothers Valleys v St George trial match at Perry Park (there's a long forgotten combination).

Even had our own tent on the hill with an RL Forums sign on it.

Diehards

Juniors
Hello again everyone! I must admit I have been flat our at work these last few years and havent been nearly as active as In used to in here.

How that has changed I will also endeavour to get back on here and contribute

The Partisan

Sadly two years after my original posting the forum appears to be still floundering.

Maybe we've all just got too busy .....or don't care about the QRL comps any more.

Put up 4 topics in 2017 ....nearly 500 views ....but less than 5 replies.

Not looking for sympathy ......just dialogue, argument, interest, banter etc.

Lost the QRL forum years ago, then RLeague.....now this one faltering.

Maybe we should merge with the NSW Comps forums ?

:disappointed:

( In case anyone is interested ....the QRL History Committee Ross Livermore lecture is on Saturday 27 May. Contact the QRL re details. Steve Haddan will be discussing the glory days of the BRL )

Stewbum

Juniors
I've put a lot of thought into this recently and have decided that social media has killed it. That, and the old timers have dropped off for various reasons. All we ever needed was that core of 10-20 and that generated interest from others. As a member since 1970, even I dropped off the radar for several years.

Stewbum

Juniors
Mud & Blood is the ground announcer at Dolphin Oval. Unmistakable voice.
Not sure what happened to DolphinMatt. Probably life.

expansionist

Juniors
I still enjoy this forum, but also wish it had a few more active members.

I dont know if it is Social Media.. I struggle to find people on twitter really who can engage on Qcup type discussions.. maybe I dont look hard enough.

I dont do facebook so that may be why.

We all have our reasons for going missing on occasion.. I myself am just about to be on the road for many weeks consecutively.

I'd miss you guys though if it folded....

The Partisan

I thought Mud (MH) lived down Wynnum way and being an old Wests Panthers fan would not be seen dead at Reddy !

XXXX Cap

Juniors

Matty would report on each Redcliffe game that he went to last year. Haven't heard from him in 2017.