What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this do or die for Mitchell Pearce?

OldPanther

Coach
I know what we all think about him but do you think the media/selectors love affair with him will stay the same or change depending on the results of game 1? Do we get a new halves combo if they lose?

Valheru

Coach
"Media love affair"

That will do me. You are talking about a bloke who was the leading news story for a week for being a dill on the piss complete with RSPCA reps and feminist activists demanding jail sentences. The result of all that being an 8 week suspension and 125k fine.

In answer to your question? Will the other 16 players be critiqued or just Mitchell Pearce?

OldPanther

Coach
"Media love affair"

That will do me. You are talking about a bloke who was the leading news story for a week for being a dill on the piss complete with RSPCA reps and feminist activists demanding jail sentences. The result of all that being an 8 week suspension and 125k fine.

In answer to your question? Will the other 16 players be critiqued or just Mitchell Pearce?

Other than that he has always had the NRL media people back him as the best ever.

Obviously. Roosters fans get all pissy about the pearce for origin hate as if he's the only one being blamed yet we don't want the people that played with him either. It's time for new players to do the job in most people's opinion.

no name

Coach
I'd dare say the spine positions will be scrutinised a lot more closely than others.
Also, the fact that he has failed on multiple occasions will ensure that he will be the most critiqued player of the 34 out there.
f**k I hope he can do well and lead the Blues to victory, however, I am doubtful. And if he does fail again, he must go, along with Daley.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
It's amazing that it's taken 19 games for it to become 'do or die.' Qld have written off DCE after what, 4? And they've won 11 of the past 12 series

You don't think DCE has been killed off because they have Cooper Cronk, Johnathan Thurston. Michael Morgan and Anthony Milford who all play in the halves? Do we have players anywhere near that calibre?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Put this in perspective, queensland have left out Billy Slater, an origin great.

Pearce and farah will still being picked by some sort of loyalty policy

Latest posts